Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 06:27

If anyone would like to test this, fire me a PM. I've already run 3 Sheps through this with varying degrees of EMS and the only difference you should see is the crucible docking scene.

Obviously "Less is More" may not be "more" for some players; however, at this point it's pretty set. I may remove a line or two. I'm seeing if I can do something a little silly and make it so Cortez always survives. There will definitely be an option for the original music during the ending scenes as I suspect most people would prefer that anyway. Also, I'll offer the original credits music and probably the two I've been cleared to use by Malukah and Faunts.

There will be a new Anderson setup for CEM Full with a transition mod with this version of LIME. And actually, for people who think Anderson was able to be saved in MEHEM or JAM or even if they use CEM with the Extended Cut, I may offer the Anderson conversation for CEM Full as a standalone download. I still have a few things to work on in general with LIME, but hopefully LIME and LIME to CEM will be released soon.

Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: LIME - dead Reapers are how we win this

Postby CreeperLava » 12 Nov 2015, 06:42

Seriously, you have music from *the* Malukah ? That's pretty cool. I don't have access to a Windows computer right now, so I won't be able to help. But it definitely sounds like an interesting mod !

CreeperLava has been thanked by:
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 07:23

CreeperLava wrote:Seriously, you have music from *the* Malukah ? That's pretty cool. I don't have access to a Windows computer right now, so I won't be able to help. But it definitely sounds like an interesting mod !

I was fortunate, but both Malukah and Tim Batke gave me the ok for Reignite and M4 Part 1 respectively. I also like the original credits but the other two options are designed for CEM and a happier feel. Plus, I went overboard with modded MEHEM v0.4 so it was time to dial it back a bit. ;)
Deager
Modder

Postby Kinkojiro » 12 Nov 2015, 09:09

Superb.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 12 Nov 2015, 16:14

Very nice work, Deager :)

giftfish

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 17:30

Thanks Kinkojiro and giftfish. Really, this mod won't be popular I don't think and I'm completely fine with that. I just wanted

- the breath scene to be the last scene of the main game and make it clear Shep is being rescued (thank you JohnP)

- Anderson to live...not a huge deal to me personally, but I definitely didn't want him on the Citadel for game flow

- people who don't understand EMS to get an ending where pretty much everyone makes it, which necessitated the weird Normandy pickup during the beam run, which is why Harby's lines are there to pretend to smooth that over. Not a knock on Fob, it's the best that can be done with reasonable effort, so thanks to Fob for letting me use that audio.

- something which I think will work for myself to allow CEM Full to act as the epilogue instead of epilogue slides and the memorial scene

Originally there was to be no talking really at all but I kind of needed to explain why the platform would raise and for the player to know to shoot the tube if they didn't know, plus the story needed it too. But it changed a bit with a little banter with Anderson and Shep.

Anyway, MEHEM and JAM are excellent and will, and really should, be more popular ending mods but since I made it for myself, I may as well release it.
Deager
Modder

Postby AVPen » 12 Nov 2015, 17:38

Interesting concept, the EDI dialogue helps a lot compared to that previous test vid you sent me before where there was no dialogue during the final Citadel moments.

My only criticism (and this is me being an audio editor prissy-pants) is that the audio for Harbinger is lacking any sense of depth or reverb to it that makes it seem like Harbinger is a booming, huge presence in the environment (like the Rannoch Reaper has when it talks to Shepard) and EDI's voice could really use that "radio" effect to her dialogue to convey that she's speaking to Shepard over his com (like the audio effect her voice has during the "Defend the missiles" segment on Earth when EDI isn't in the squad and contacts Shepard).
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby FemShep » 12 Nov 2015, 18:32

That radio effect is a dynamic effect isn't it? I know the audio sounds different if you have a helmet on vs off but I assume they didn't record two lines.

Unless you mean serious radio static. Somehow in the future we still use analog radios.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 12 Nov 2015, 19:14

AVPen wrote:(and this is me being an audio editor prissy-pants).

This made me LOL... b/c I know it's true! ;)
giftfish

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 19:43

AVPen wrote:Interesting concept, the EDI dialogue helps a lot compared to that previous test vid you sent me before where there was no dialogue during the final Citadel moments.

My only criticism (and this is me being an audio editor prissy-pants) is that the audio for Harbinger is lacking any sense of depth or reverb to it that makes it seem like Harbinger is a booming, huge presence in the environment (like the Rannoch Reaper has when it talks to Shepard) and EDI's voice could really use that "radio" effect to her dialogue to convey that she's speaking to Shepard over his com (like the audio effect her voice has during the "Defend the missiles" segment on Earth when EDI isn't in the squad and contacts Shepard).

Oh yeah, true and true on the ideas. Fob had been asked about why Harby didn't sound more awesome and yes, EDI only has the acoustical effect of the room, not a radio effect. I'm sort of lazy and also don't know how to attach the effect, but I happen to know that the Traynor line for the beginning to the Citadel DLC does a radio effect on that line, so I could probably re-record those, capture from game, and then use to get a Bioware approved sound. Yes, I'm sure there is data loss since I'm recording but I'm not as much of a audio editor prissy-pants kind of guy. :)

For Harby...I'll see what I can do. While I'm pretty good at making sentences out of fragments, I'm not an expert on sound effects. Granted, I've never messed with it. Ooooo, I should confirm that those Rannoch lines are already that way in soundplorer or if that's an effect in game. That could be a great way to get Harby booming.

Good suggestions. I think I will give that a shot as that seems worthwhile and the amount of effort required to pull it off shouldn't be too difficult. Fortunately, I intentionally setup the mod with individual afc files for each pcc file so I could pretty easily swap things in and out without as much hassle or garbage code as in one big afc file.
Deager
Modder

Next

Return to Mods in Development