Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Mass Effect 10'th Year Anniversary

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

Mass Effect 10'th Year Anniversary

Postby sansuni » 01 May 2016, 15:48

With Mass Effect's 10'th year anniversary coming up in a year, I wish they would make a remastered version of all three games. I would love it if they ported Mass Effect games to Frostbite engine, but I know it is just a pipe dream.

What I would have really like to see, a HD port of all three games to frostbite, with major improvements to story and gameplay. They could really take a look at this site to take notes on what improvements they could make.

For instance, I would like to see better connectivity between the three games, since there are no consequences to some of your actions, and sometimes no one will even mention it. (thankfully, there are some mods that partially fix this for ME3) Also, most of the DLC content is not properly connected to the main storyline and most of the time are forgotten entirely in the next game. This should be remedied.

There are also many improvements that can be done for all three games. Adding new options to freshen up the games would be a great idea. For instance, there could be an option added to save the Virmire casualty in ME1 if some conditions are met. If you completed the Pinnacle Station with high points (which should count as special training) and made the correct decisions, you should be able to save both of your crew members. Also, DLC content like Pinnacle Station should have side missions to keep them fresh.

For ME2, there could be lots of small improvements like above.

For ME3... well this one would be hardest... since the game couldn't even compare to the first two games and there are lots of ******** that needs to be cleaned out. First step should be getting rid of that child from the beginning of the game. Well, that brat should be gone for good.There should be no trace of that brat in the entire game. Period. And the endings should be improved. (ending mods made here should be the base for it.) Cut content should make its way back and so on.

What do you guys think? What would you add to the games, or what would you change about it?
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Re: Mass Effect 10'th Year Anniversary

Postby CreeperLava » 01 May 2016, 16:43

I don't think it would be in their interest to add or change much to the content of the games itself, it would be too dangerous for them as a franchise and company to admit their game was flawed. This sort of change can only be done with DLCs or sequels.

What I would like to see is a real trilogy version, with all DLCs, at a decent price. I still haven't bought all DLCs because of their marketing methods. Currently, buying all DLCs for ME2 and ME3 costs about 5-10x more than the game itself, depending on the sales.

What would be really nice, and doable too, is if they could restore the resolution of the textures, before the console downscale. This is something I noticed between ME2 and ME3 : you would expect better textures from one game to the other, but instead most of the norms have been downscaled by one level, and some diffs/spec/... too. This leads to ridiculously small norms (I had seen one that went from 256x256 to 64x64 between ME2 and ME3) and generally a worse graphical quality that could have been avoided.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 02 May 2016, 04:31

The people on /r/masseffect just seem to be dying for a remaster. Some of them are ridiculous just saying I DONT CARE HOW THEY DO IT JUST NEED TO BE DONE NOW! As a programmer it really drives me up the wall how easy people seem to think this is.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby sansuni » 04 May 2016, 06:55

FemShep wrote:The people on /r/masseffect just seem to be dying for a remaster. Some of them are ridiculous just saying I DONT CARE HOW THEY DO IT JUST NEED TO BE DONE NOW! As a programmer it really drives me up the wall how easy people seem to think this is.

Well, I would agree that it is in no way "easy", but it can be done and it wouldn't be as expensive as some would think. They don't even really have to do it themselves. (they could just make a deal with another, small company that does this sort of thing as some developers have done before for remastering/porting. Easier said than done, I know, but all I am saying is, there are many ways of doing it.) And whatever it costs, if they do it right, returns would be greater. (it is money, plus some good publicity for them and for their upcoming game Mass Effect 4, what more could they want?)

What I find even more annoying is that, some people think and act like it would be almost harder and more time consuming than creating a brand new game.. All of the assets you need is already there. After porting all of the assets, only thing left to do would be recreating the scripts (since they wouldn't be compatible with the new engine), which wouldn't be impossible to do, only thing that would be challenging is making improvements upon the game. (since whatever you do, some will not like it.)

I know it will never happen, but I would love it if they ported the games to Frostbite with proper modding support and restore some cut content at least. (Bioware must still have some those unused assets somewhere, surely.)
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Return to Off Topic