Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Master List of Notable Mass Effect 3/ME3Explorer Mods

User-centric area to discuss ideas and request mods. Toolset modders may also float ideas for new mods here; if pursued, the thread can be relocated to Mods in Development.

Master List of Notable Mass Effect 3/ME3Explorer Mods

Postby crazyrabbits » 07 Apr 2014, 15:12

In tandem with my ongoing master list of deleted/bugged/unused content, I wanted to put together a master list of notable mods for ME3, segmented into categories for graphics/gameplay/plot/etc.

If you have any suggestions or additions, let me know and I'll edit them into the OP.

Armor/Clothing/Weapons

Ajax Armor Mods: Adds different variants of the Ajax Armor set from the Alternate Appearance Pack.
Aria N7 Outfit for Femshep: Replaces the N7 dress with a high-resolution N7-themed Aria outfit.
Ashley's Spectre Suit: A retexture of Ashley's Collector's Edition armor with new hairstyle and visor. Requires CE Pack.
AVPen's Character Armor Mods: A collection of outfit/armor mods created by forum user AVPen, including:
-- Casual Jack: Replaces Jack's outfit with one based on her outfit in the ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack.
-- Grunt - Aralakh Commander: Replaces Grunt's outfit with one modeled after his outfit in the ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack.
-- James Vega N7 Armor: Replaces Vega's default armor (or Collector's Edition armor) with a variant of the N7 Defender armor.
-- Maya Brooks - Cerberus Armor: Requires Citadel DLC. Replaces Maya's armor during the Citadel Docks: Retake the Normandy mission with a Cerberus-branded variant.
-- Miranda - Alternative Uniform: Replaces Miranda's outfit in most scenes with an Alliance-themed uniform, modeled after Ashley's default outfit.
-- Miranda - Horizon Armor: Replaces Miranda's outfit in Priority: Horizon with one based on her outfit from the ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack.
ChemieAli's Coalesced LITE: Unlocks additional casual outfits for Shepard, all pre-order/mini DLC's (Collector Rifle, Reckoning Armor, etc), increases Medigel/Fuel capacity and changes value of some War Assets.
Classic Armor: Adds light, medium and heavy variants of the ME1 armor for most squadmates. Requires CE Pack.
Dead Space Advanced Armor for Shepard: Replaces the Cerberus Ajax Armor with a set modeled after the Advanced Armor from the Dead Space series. Requires the Alternate Appearance Pack.
GPG Does Mods: A collection of GirlPlaysGame's mods, featuring various retextured armor sets, clothing and facial options for female Shepard.
Holopoint Assault Rifle Mod: Adds reworked scope mod to the game that uses a holographic sight.
HR Fourth Casual Outfit: Adds the military casual uniform worn in the prologue to Shepard's locker on the Normandy.
[i]Kaidan's Armor for Shepard
: Replaces the Inferno or Reckoner-Knight armors with colored variations on Kaidan's N7 armor.
ME1 Heavy Armor Legacy Mod: Replaces the Collector Armor with ME1-style Colossus Armor.
ME2 Ordinance Armor Restored: Adds a new set of armor based off an unused set found in the Mass Effect 2 game files.
N7 Armor for Everyone: Gives all squadmates (except Javik) a set of N7-themed armor for use during missions.
N7 Full Face Helmet Mod: Expands the frame of squadmates' N7 masks to make their full face visible, and gives Liara a full helmet.
Phoenix Project Armor for Shepherd: Replaces the single-player Cerberus Armor set with the Phoenix Cerberus armor from the multiplayer campaign.
The Respectable Attire Mod: Retextures most major characters in the game to have more conservative clothing in certain situations.
Spectre Whites: Recolors Shepard's dress uniform to be all-white with a Spectre theme.

Gameplay

Better Cabin Music: Changes the cabin music to include tracks from ME1/2.
Bonus Power Packs: Adds a number of powers to the single-player campaign, based on the same powers utilized in the multiplayer mode.
Improved Fitness and Encumberance: Tweaks the Fitness skill to be more in line with its function in the earlier games, and slightly increases the weight limit for all classes.
Intuitive Controls Mod: Improves the PC controls to ensure a faster and more responsive experience.
Mother of all Mods: Unlocks additional armors and casual outfits not normally accessible, makes all weapons and armors available to buy from Citadel stores, utilizes new keybindings and includes cheats.
Normandy Security Scan Remover: Removes the "loading" area onboard the Normandy between the War Room and CIC.
Press Start Screen Remover: Removes the "Press Start" screen each time the game is launched.
Purgatory Bar Music: Replaces the music in the Purgatory Bar on the Citadel with music from club/bar locations from ME1/ME2.
Remove Mass Relay Playback: Removes the "Mass Relay" loading screen.

Graphics

Alternate Paperwork: Replaces the textures for the various pieces of paperwork seen throughout the game.
A Lot of Textures (ALOT): An all-in-one mod that brings together various HR textures for an easy-to-use graphical upgrde.
A More Modest Diana Allers: Replaces the outfit for Diana Allers, and gives her a more professional appearance.
Ashley Legacy Project (adult content): Brings Ashley closer to her ME2 appearance, via a reworked body structure/hairstyle, facial textures and more.
Cabin Pic Mod: Replaces the photo in Shepard's cabin with any other squad member's photo.
Character Texture Overhaul: Introduces high-resolution graphics for both Shepards and many NPC's.
Cinema Mod: Changes color palette to be slightly bluer and more foreboding.
Garrus Scars-Be-Gone: Removes the scarring from Garrus' face. Texmod.
SweetFX Mod: Introduces additional lighting elements and details to gameplay.
Varren on the Normandy: Replaces the texture of the robot dog in Normandy's shuttle bay with that of a Varren from Tuchanka.

High-Resolution Mods:

Alternate Appearance 1 DLC HR 4K Pack: Adds high-resolution (4K) textures for the Alternate Appearance Pack 1 outfits.
Citadel DLC HR Pack: Introduces high-resolution textures for the Citadel DLC.
HR Black Weapons: Gives HD textures to various weapons that appear with frequency during cutscenes.
HR Environmentals, Enemies and Ships: Includes high-resolution textures for miscellaneous assets, including the Citadel, Normandy, Alliance Cruiser and Kai Leng models.
HR Set Armor Pack: Includes high-resolution textures for all 7 base armor sets in the game, as well as a fixed reticule for the Kuwashii Visor.
Maya Brooks HR Armor: Introduces a high-res armor texture for Maya Brooks during cutscenes. Requires the Citadel DLC.
Normandy Crew High-Res Replacement Outfits: Gives high-res textures for the various crewmen aboard the Normandy.
Ottemis' High Resolution Textures: Adds high-res and reskinned versions of many characters, armors and textures throughout the base game and its DLC's.
Smarteck's High Resolution Textures: Adds high-res and reskinned versions of many squadmate armors, casual outfits, weapons and textures throughout the base game and its DLC's.

Character/Plot

BackOff: A standalone mod or submodule for ThaneMOD, this addresses various issues with respect to relationship conversations throughout the game, as well as introduces new conversation paths and dialogue options for romances.
Citadel Epilogue Mod: Allows the Citadel DLC to be played after the completion of Priority: Earth, via changed dialogue and text.
Diana Allers BeGone: Permanently removes the Diana Allers character from the game.
Galaxy Map Mod: Allows the player to visit (via the Galaxy Map) systems that were seen in ME1 and ME2, adds additional Search & Rescue War Assets, adds new missions and timed events, allows items and weapons from ME1/2 to be imported and makes the EMS conditions for the ending more difficult.
JohnP's Alternate MEHEM: Combines material from the Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod and Extended Cut for a different take on the ending.
Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod (MEHEM): A comprehensive reworking of the ending which allows Shepard to survive and reunite with his/her squadmates, and features reworked/new cutscenes, music and epilogue slides.
The Massive Emails & War Assets Mod: An ongoing mod that introduces a number of war assets and messages that relate to characters/plot elements which were left unaddressed by the base game.
Shorter Dreams: Makes Shepard's dream sequences shorter and to-the-point, and removes the conversation with the child in the vent during the prologue.
ThaneMOD: An extensive content mod which removes the encounter between Thane and Kai Leng during Priority: The Citadel II, using five separate modules that introduce new cutscenes, emails, dialogue and much more.

Restored Content Mods:

Ashley Date Scene Fix: Restores the deleted/bugged final lines of Shepard's date scene with Ashley onboard the Citadel.
Extended Final Anderson Conversation: Restores the cut portion of Shepard's final conversation with Anderson onboard the Citadel during Priority: Earth.
Full Multiplayer Experience Mod: Adds several elements to ME3's multiplayer system that were originally deleted, including additional maps, objectives and items.
Heavy Weapons Mod (chemieali_daemond_coalesced_v1.5): Adds unreleased heavy weapons to the base game, along with weapons from the Resurgence DLC pack.
Ken and Gabby Recruitment Restoration: Restores the cut recruitment dialogue for Ken and Gabby, who were originally supposed to be recruited in the Purgatory Bar, and has variations for Paragon/Renegade and Ken alone.
Restored Zaeed Conversation: Restores a conversation with Zaeed that would take place in the Citadel Holding Area if he survived through the events of Citadel: Volus Ambassador.
Stimulant Pack - True Bonus Power (Citadel DLC required): Restores an unused bonus power, Wrex's Stimulant Pack, which was originally intended to be awarded upon completion of the Citadel DLC.
Last edited by crazyrabbits on 02 Aug 2016, 00:59, edited 10 times in total.

crazyrabbits
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Re: Master List of Notable Mods

Postby crazyrabbits » 29 Jul 2014, 14:13

July 29th, 2014: Added additional HR graphic mods and miscellaneous items.
September 23rd, 2014: Renamed "Shepard's Cabin Picture" to "Cabin Pic Mod", added "Galaxy Map Mod" and "Full Multiplayer Experience Mod".
March 7th, 2015: Added "Classic Armor" and "HR Fourth Casual Outfit".
April 19, 2015: Added "AVPen's Character Armor Mods", "BackOff", "Kaidan's Armor for Shepard" and "Phoenix Project Armor for Shepherd".
June 25, 2015: Updated the "Galaxy Map Mod" pagelink and added "Bonus Power Packs".
December 28, 2015: Removed "Alliance Dress Whites" (out-of-date project page), added "Spectre Whites"/"Dead Space Advanced Armor for Shepard"/"A Lot of Textures"/"The Respectable Attire Mod"/"Shorter Dreams", moved "Heavy Weapons Mod" and "Full Multiplayer Experience Mod" to the Restored Content section, reformatted list to remove redundant links
August 1, 2016: Removed the Miranda - Body mod due to a dead link.

I've updated the list with additional items. I may also use this post as an overflow if the first post becomes too long.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional mods to be included, let me know and I will add them to the list.
Last edited by crazyrabbits on 02 Aug 2016, 00:59, edited 8 times in total.
crazyrabbits
User

Re: Master List of Notable Mods

Postby FemShep » 16 Aug 2014, 01:19

ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page

FemShep has been thanked by:
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Re: Master List of Notable Mass Effect 3/ME3Explorer Mods

Postby crazyrabbits » 08 Mar 2015, 06:06

Updated the armor section. Feel free to continue submitting links.
crazyrabbits
User

Postby crazyrabbits » 20 Apr 2015, 03:21

Additional entries put in the list.
crazyrabbits
User

Postby crazyrabbits » 25 Jun 2015, 14:57

The Galaxy Map Mod link has been updated, and the entry for Bonus Power Packs has been added to the Gameplay section.

crazyrabbits has been thanked by:
crazyrabbits
User

Postby crazyrabbits » 28 Dec 2015, 12:05

Updating this for the first time in months.

- Removed "Alliance Dress Whites" (out-of-date project page), added "Spectre Whites"/"The Respectable Attire Mod"/"Shorter Dreams", moved "Heavy Weapons Mod" to the Restored Content section, reformatted entire list to remove redundant links and look much cleaner

As always, let me know if you have further suggestions and I'll throw them on.
crazyrabbits
User

Postby CreeperLava » 28 Dec 2015, 12:53

You should probably post this as a PDF on Nexus, it will get more visibility there :). Also, a bit of self-advertising : http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/363/?
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 28 Dec 2015, 16:19

Missing full experience mod from restored content mods.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby crazyrabbits » 28 Dec 2015, 17:19

I barely use Nexus as it is. I wrote this for the benefit of the people on this forum, but if you want to distribute it anywhere else, be my guest. I've linked to it a couple times from the Reddit ME hub.

Will add the ALOT entry and move the FMM over.
crazyrabbits
User

Next

Return to Mod Ideas and Requests