Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME2 DLC Unlocker

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: ME2 DLC Unlocker

Postby The Fob » 28 Apr 2015, 18:20

Woot? How id this slip me by? Super cool WV!!!

If Erik JS can make a binkw32.dll, that would be even more awesome.

I love "put file there and forget about it" solutions! :D
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby sylandro » 29 Apr 2015, 06:16

mirh wrote:Just for the records, you don't need cracked exe to avoid DVD check.
You just need to use this on the Origin version. Which in turn can be directly "obtained" from DVD version with this (or just download it from there)

Well, I was using the Origin version with this, there is no CD check but after the game connects to my Origin account it revalidates the DLC. I had to turn off the Connect to Cerberus Network checkbox inside Options.
sylandro
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Erik JS » 05 May 2015, 18:36

Would someone like to test this and post results?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z31h0voy67ana18/me2_binkw32.rar

Game version 1.02 (exe file version: 1.2.1604.0). Only console patch is included.

Spoiler:
bool PatchME2Console()
{
DWORD locX = 0x1221730;
DWORD PointerStr = *(DWORD*)locX;
wchar_t * strshippcbuild = (wchar_t*)PointerStr;
if( wcscmp(strshippcbuild, L"intAWorldInfoexecIsShippingPCBuild") != 0)
{
return false;
}
*(DWORD*)(locX + 4) = *(DWORD*)(locX + 0xD4);
return true;
}

Here I have the Steam version and the Vitality crack. The only thing different between them is the value in front of the pointer to IsShippingPCBuild string (which needs to be replaced with the value in front of IsPlayInEditor's in order to enable the console), but the pointer is at 0x1221730 (mem location) in both versions. I suppose the crack was made over the retail patch, and if Steam version isn't that different from it then I doubt the Origin version will be.

Steam ******* a lot if I try to launch a modified EXE... launching the game from the Steam library, binkw32log.txt is created at the game root folder.

EDIT: I tracked down the change from "Ultimate DLC Crack" and applied it to Steam version. It worked. It can be added to binkw32 once I figure out some algorithm for it.
ME3 Private Server Emulator: @ ME3Tweaks | @ SourceForge | @ GitHub | @ Dropbox

Erik JS has been thanked by:
Erik JS
User

Have thanks: 77 time

Postby The Fob » 06 May 2015, 00:12

Thanks for looking into it Erik JS!
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. But I am not sure if that is due to me ME2 version.
I have the game downloaded from Origin. I installed a couple of textures and ran ME2Explorer's DLC Patcher over it a couple of weeks ago. It's been sitting idle since.
Now, when I start the game, I get "Firewalker DLC not authorized". Applying the provided dll files to the binary folder doesn't change that. Same message. But as I said, may be my setup and because I ran the crack before? Not sure.

EDIT: Just to report everything here, running the DLC crack from ME2Explorer made the game work again with either my old or your new dll files. Not sure if that is significant in some way, just thought I'd throw that info out there.
The Fob
Modder

Postby Erik JS » 06 May 2015, 00:27

Did it create a binkw32log.txt? Did it enable the ingame console?

New version uploaded. Both console and DLC check patches are included now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z31h0voy67ana18/me2_binkw32.rar

Btw, it's the same link.

EDIT: console patch + DLC check patch = console and DLC check patches, right? :lol:
ME3 Private Server Emulator: @ ME3Tweaks | @ SourceForge | @ GitHub | @ Dropbox

Erik JS has been thanked by:
Erik JS
User

Have thanks: 77 time

Postby The Fob » 06 May 2015, 00:56

Hey, the new version seems to work. I just randomly changed a byte in one of the pcc files in one of the DLCs and it didn't give me trouble at all.
So I'd say, things are looking good.

Just FYI, here is the content of the log file after using your latest version:
ME2 Autopatcher by Erik JS
Based on original code by Warranty Voider
Adresses loaded from bink23.dll - OK
Console patch: done
DLC check - position: 0x9584cb
DLC check - patch: done
No ASI plugins were found.

I'll do some test with real mods (textures) tomorrow but this looks good. Thanks heaps Erik!
The Fob
Modder

Postby Captain Obvious au » 08 May 2015, 15:58

I can confirm it definitely works! Having said that the game is taking ages to load, both with the initial DLC 'check' and then getting into the actual game itself after the loading screen.
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby The Fob » 08 May 2015, 16:39

Captain Obvious au wrote:I can confirm it definitely works! Having said that the game is taking ages to load, both with the initial DLC 'check' and then getting into the actual game itself after the loading screen.

Really? That didn't happen to me. I deactivate all online features of the game and I still have the firewall block for ME2 in place, that was needed for the old DLC crack. Maybe if you try that, it'll load quicker.
The Fob
Modder

Postby Captain Obvious au » 09 May 2015, 00:56

It may have been related to me running a system scan, will try again. But it definitely works without a cracked exe or any other kinda of DLC bypass system.

Captain Obvious au has been thanked by:
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby giftfish » 09 May 2015, 14:37

The Fob wrote:
Captain Obvious au wrote:I can confirm it definitely works! Having said that the game is taking ages to load, both with the initial DLC 'check' and then getting into the actual game itself after the loading screen.

Really? That didn't happen to me. I deactivate all online features of the game and I still have the firewall block for ME2 in place, that was needed for the old DLC crack. Maybe if you try that, it'll load quicker.

I have the non-Origin version of ME2 (yay) and don't even remember if I have any type of DLC crack running. BUT, I keep "Cerberus Network" offline/have a firewall block running and ME2 loads super fast. Nothing like the almost 5 minutes I have to wait every time I want to load up ME3. Which I do sometimes 20x/day.

Drives me batshit insane. :x
giftfish

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Utilities