Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME2 DLC Unlocker

Non-toolset utilities for the ME Trilogy developed by community coders. Note: Restricted to coder- or modder-oriented tools. User-oriented tools belong where they can be adequately supported (e.g., Nexusmods).

Re: ME2 DLC Unlocker

Postby The Fob » 10 May 2015, 20:34

giftfish wrote:Nothing like the almost 5 minutes I have to wait every time I want to load up ME3. Which I do sometimes 20x/day.

Drives me batshit insane. :x

Uh, for ME3, you do put Origin into Offline mode before starting the game, right? (In Origin Menu bar "Origin" -> "Go Offline" -> You little avatar image in the upper right corner should become grey) 'Cause that cuts the network connection and DLC checking times really short.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Deager » 12 May 2015, 22:23

Working quite well for me. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Without the quick load movies installed as I'm trying to run as vanilla as possible for testing, after about 5 seconds, the video stops, the circle of death shows up from Windows, and the sound keeps playing. But, when the sound is done at its normal time, the game continues without issue.

Anybody else have that issue or is everyone testing with the quick load movies so you haven't seen that?

But it is working awesomely with a new mod as DLC I'm testing out. Even without the mod as DLC in place, it's still locking up a bit.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Deager » 12 May 2015, 23:29

I did a full vanilla install from steam directly and emptied out my My Docs folder to be safe; works like a charm. I was having some issues from what I thought was a vanilla install with intro movies hanging after 5 seconds but then everything went ahead. But now, it's working great. Thanks!
EDIT: Forgot I made that post above, d'oh.
Deager
Modder

Postby Erik JS » 13 May 2015, 15:47

Alright, *proper* version this time:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z31h0voy67ana18/me2_binkw32.rar

The link still didn't change.

I abused backward compatibility a little with previous versions... sorry! :mrgreen:

EDIT: still the same link lol.
ME3 Private Server Emulator: @ ME3Tweaks | @ SourceForge | @ GitHub | @ Dropbox

Erik JS
User

Have thanks: 77 time

Postby giftfish » 13 May 2015, 15:52

The Fob wrote:
giftfish wrote:Nothing like the almost 5 minutes I have to wait every time I want to load up ME3. Which I do sometimes 20x/day.

Drives me batshit insane. :x

Uh, for ME3, you do put Origin into Offline mode before starting the game, right? (In Origin Menu bar "Origin" -> "Go Offline" -> You little avatar image in the upper right corner should become grey) 'Cause that cuts the network connection and DLC checking times really short.

Yeah, my Origin is permanently offline AND I have a firewall block built in for it and ME3. Regardless, it still spends a minute or two in the main menu trying to "contact the server" (little wheel in the upper left) each time I launch the game.
giftfish

Postby Deager » 13 May 2015, 16:11

Erik JS wrote:Alright, *proper* version this time:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z31h0voy67ana18/me2_binkw32.rar

The link still didn't change.

I abused backward compatibility a little with previous versions... sorry! :mrgreen:

EDIT: still the same link lol.

Awesome. Will test soon but I already know it will work.
EDIT: As expected, works great. Thank you!
Deager
Modder

Postby Creelien » 26 Nov 2015, 20:11

After using this unlocker - with Improved Textures installed - when ME2 starts up is says it can't authorize the Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site and Cerberus Weapon pack DLCs.

Is there now a fix for that?
Creelien
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby scoutception » 29 Nov 2015, 02:48

After using this unlocker - with Improved Textures installed - when ME2 starts up is says it can't authorize the Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site and Cerberus Weapon pack DLCs.

Is there now a fix for that?

Personally, I'd suggest you use Erik JS's binkw32.dll files. I had the same issue, and using those instead worked for me.
scoutception
User

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby pixypolly » 06 Dec 2015, 06:08

Hi guys. I need help.
After installing texture (using TPF/DDS tools install valid method) and applying unlocker, my ME2 still cannot authorize Zaeed...which is weird 'cos I have zero problem with Normandy Crash Site and Cerberus Weapon pack. What can I do??

I tried ME2explorer DLC crack as well. The status log looks promising but same result.
http://imgur.com/LIP701I
pixypolly
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Erik JS » 22 Jan 2016, 22:37

This pertains to ME2 and ME3. I don't know if I should've posted this on the ME3 topic, but I think this topic needs more views, and also I posted here before, so...

https://github.com/Erik-JS/masseffect-binkw32

I never publicly posted my ME2 bink code, so it's there now. Also the ME3 dll has been slightly updated by me (it's even "better" than the version I packed with PSE).
ME3 Private Server Emulator: @ ME3Tweaks | @ SourceForge | @ GitHub | @ Dropbox

Erik JS has been thanked by:
Erik JS
User

Have thanks: 77 time

Previous

Return to Third-Party Utilities