Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME2 model/texture mods

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

ME2 model/texture mods

Postby Captain Obvious au » 15 May 2015, 15:43

Hi all,

Preface: I'm sure these have been suggested before, so on the off chance they exist, could anyone point me to them?

So what I'd love to see is just two things really with ME2.

1. Make Miranda and Jacobs alternate outfits (vanilla game) simply their regular outfits minus the Cerberus logo. I mostly play paragon, so it's kinda odd for them to be wandering around with the logo, especially after Miranda tells TIM to sod off on the Collector base. She still says she's sending reports to afterwards too, odd...

2. Remove the ridiculous headgear from Jack's paid alternate appearance outfit, same with Thane.

Doable?
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Re: ME2 model/texture mods

Postby rusm0 » 26 May 2015, 01:11

export the textures using texmod, edit out the logos in photoshop/GIMP, then replace in game.
rusm0
User

Have thanks: 17 time

Postby Epsilon330 » 26 May 2015, 06:29

Removing headgear isn't as simple as using an image editor. You'll need to extract and modify the mesh itself.
I haven't a clue how to do that so you'd be better off asking someone else.

Also, you don't need Texmod for anything. ME3Explorer has all the tools necessary to extract and replace textures. Use Texplorer.
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby Captain Obvious au » 09 Jun 2015, 12:56

Okay so I've extracted the files I need - how do I put them back in?
Captain Obvious au
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion