Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3-New Compilation of HR Tex (.mod & fixed .tpf)

Now closed. Mod creators who were formerly using this area to develop toolset mods should start new thread on the "Mods in Development" board. Mod creators using this area to host and provide technical support for their mod should relocate to a dedicated hosting site (Nexusmods, etc). Toolset mod announcements can be made in the new Spotlight thread.

ME3-New Compilation of HR Tex (.mod & fixed .tpf)

Postby Antarius » 11 Aug 2013, 13:53

I've started recompiling the ME3 HR Textures (.TPF files) of the great work created by several authors (smarteck, Dead_Meat. Ottemis, etc.) with the newest MEExplorer (SVN). At first, this was intended for my personal use only, but I decided to share the files with the community.

First off, ALL credits go to the respective retexture authors for their amazing work, so visit their BSN Project Pages and drop them a message if you didn't do it yet :D

Never too much to say: Thank you to WV, saltisgood, KFreon and the rest of the creators/developers of MEExplorer!

smarteck BSN Project Page
Dead_Meat BSN Project Page
Ottemis BSN Project Page

Note on Ottemis textures: as Ottemis is still active and continuously updating her work (hopefully for long still :D ), all compiled .tpf files were removed from my shared folders as Ottemis created her own .mod/fixed .tpf files!
----
This is a project in work so keep checking the mediafile shared folders for updates!

LINK: Mediafire shared folders
----

Before you begin:
By replacing the textures using ME Ex, your original files will be PERMANENTLY REPLACED. So, always have following in mind:

1) ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES before applying the .mods
2) Be aware that you are replacing low res textures with high res textures (most of them 4096) so this will have an impact on your system performance (fps, etc.). So always consider your hardware capabilities before doing hundreds of texture replacements :D
3) Some mods, specially big Packs, often include multi-level generic textures. When you install several .mod files on the top of each other, there is always the risk of replacing previously installed textures with the textures of the last .mod. So be very careful when installing too many mods. The best is to control what textures the mods replace and "in case of doubt, let it out". Check the author's project pages for infos, issues, etc. on their mods. Try to apply them in chronological order of creation date or your texture preferences or reapply the mod that have been replaced by these older packs.

4) If you had your treestruct built with ME3Explorer from revisions between 462 and 472, you may have errors because these versions where bugged. So install the latest ME3Explorer version and rebuild it
5) If you want that your DLC .sfar files are included while applying the mods, you will need to include the DLCs while creating treestruct (answer "Yes" to the popup window). This will extract all files included in the DLC sfar files and this process will take a while.

For more detailed explanation, visit Otte's Information page -> click me

-= INSTALLING TEXTURES =-

Download the fixed TPF files from the folder "Fixed TPF Files" on the shared folders and create your own .mod files (advisable)

Q:What are these "fixed TPF files" and why can't I always use the author's original tpf files directly?
A: The textures included in the original tpf files (specially in old mods) often have a wrong format and/or no MIPMAPS or dirty entries. These have to be fixed (which takes a loooooooong time, specially on big packs :D ) and recompiled in a new "fixed tpf file". This can then be used to create the .mod file to be used with Mod Maker.

Ottemis has began to recompile her mods. The new tpf files (available her BSN Project page) can also now be directly used to create .mod without requiring a fix.

To create the .mod file:

1) Install the latest version of ME3Explorer (click me)
2) Run Tools-> TPF/DDS Tools 2.0 (read KFreon's instructions how to use it here)
3a) Use the "Install Valid" button from the TPF/DDS Tool 2.0 to install the tpf file directly, or
3b) Create the .mod file using the "Save Valid to .mod" button, go back to ME3 Explorer and run Tools -> Mod Maker from ME3 Explorer and apply the new created .mod file as usual

Note: In some scenarios, for example, few RAM or TPF files containing a large number of texture replacements, it might be advisable to create a .mod file and apply only few replacements (Jobs) in a row instead of applying all textures at once, for example directly via "Install Valid" button from TPF/DDS Tool 2.0. This will reduce the risk of file corruption in case ME3 Ex crashes during the process.

---

1) Mods with several alternatives
Some textures are available in several variants / different authors or alternatives (different colors). Choose and apply only one of them :D If you are unsure which one you want, visit the author's Project Page (links above) and check their screenshots.

Also, I would advise to load the original TPF files from the author's Project Pages using the Texmod Tool before applying them permanently so you can see if you like the textures or not.

2) Ingame "Checking downloadable content" errors
As DLC Packs are also changed, you may get "Could not check downloadable content" errors Ingame. This can be avoided in different ways: By permanently modifying the ME3 Exe file using an Hex Editor or use, e.g., WV's ME3 DLC Patcher DLL files to disable the DLC check -> click me. If you have an original Origin game :D, I would advise the second option because it doesn't make any changes to the file.

4) Mods to DLC files
To be able to apply the mods to the DLC files, you will need to include the DLCs when creating the treestruct with Texplorer (popup window)!
Last edited by Antarius on 08 Apr 2014, 16:26, edited 76 times in total.

Antarius
User

Have thanks: 65 time

Re: ME3 - New Compilation of HR Textures

Postby Ottemis » 11 Aug 2013, 14:35

Tiny additional note for people using the Sourceforge releases, Version0103w from 2013-08-09 is the same as SVN 478.

This looks really good, Antarius. Thanks for taking all this effort =)

Ottemis has been thanked by:
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 11 Aug 2013, 15:09

thank you too :P good work!

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby Antarius » 11 Aug 2013, 20:08

Updated Shared Folders with a BUNCH of new compiled .mods, in total 50.
The Citadel Environment Pack from smarteck is also compiled but still testing it as it is quite big are replace quite some files from the DLCs. Will upload it after testing.

All uploaded .mods have been tested without errors but if you see any issue please report here so I may take a look at it.
Antarius
User

Postby element72 » 12 Aug 2013, 11:25

Thanks so much. Saved me a lot of time too.
element72
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby element72 » 12 Aug 2013, 11:29

Just curious, but how did you create the .mod file for Liara_Alternate_(Dead_Meat_v1.6_blue)_478 ?

When I tried following the tut I found 3 dds files inside the tpf file. The tut didn't say what I should do with those files in there.
element72
User

Postby Antarius » 12 Aug 2013, 11:37

element72 wrote:Just curious, but how did you create the .mod file for Liara_Alternate_(Dead_Meat_v1.6_blue)_478 ?

When I tried following the tut I found 3 dds files inside the tpf file. The tut didn't say what I should do with those files in there.

Most of the smarteck and Dead_Meat dds don't include MIPS and/or have a wrong format, so you will have to check every single dds file and fix it using the Directx Texture Tool AND, sometimes, photoshop with dds plugin or Gimp because the DirectX Texture Tool doesn't convert DXT5 to 1 correctly (you have to remove the alpha channels). I completely forgot this and all those files got screwed and had to fix all again using photoshop :lol:

Antarius has been thanked by:
Antarius
User

Postby element72 » 12 Aug 2013, 11:50

Antarius wrote:
element72 wrote:Just curious, but how did you create the .mod file for Liara_Alternate_(Dead_Meat_v1.6_blue)_478 ?

Most of the smarteck and Dead_Meat dds don't include MIPS and/or have a wrong format, so you will have to check every single dds file and fix it using the Directx Texture Tool AND, sometimes, photoshop with dds plugin or Gimp because the DirectX Texture Tool doesn't convert DXT5 to 1 correctly (you have to remove the alpha channels). I completely forgot this and all those files got screwed and had to fix all again using photoshop :lol:

Thanks! How would I fix the Weapon N7 Typhoon HR2048 v1.3.tpf ? I can't generate mips for it in Directx texture tool. It doesn't allow me and its in the correct format too.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that the one I can't generate mips for is WPN_ASLp_Tint
element72
User

Postby Antarius » 12 Aug 2013, 12:31

element72 wrote:Thanks! How would I fix the Weapon N7 Typhoon HR2048 v1.3.tpf ? I can't generate mips for it in Directx texture tool. It doesn't allow me and its in the correct format too.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that the one I can't generate mips for is WPN_ASLp_Tint

Yes, use photoshop or gimp or Paint.NET to regenerate the MIPS
Antarius
User

Postby Antarius » 12 Aug 2013, 15:46

- The_Citadel_HR_(smarteck_v1.4)_478.mod
- Normandy_Multi-level_Materials_HR_(smarteck_v1.5)_478.mod (Normandy Interior)

uploaded under "Places".

Antarius has been thanked by:
Antarius
User

Next

Return to Download Area