Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3 with EGM and CEMF alpha here we come

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

ME3 with EGM and CEMF alpha here we come

Postby Deager » 09 Oct 2016, 02:21

Her look sums up how I feel after waiting many months of working on over 100 hours of lip syncs alone for CEM Full, yet other stuff, and looking forward to trying out the CEM alpha and the full EGM for actually, the first time. I had only done the map thing before. I can't wait. Run number 20. Riley Shepard should not disappoint. And it's been a long time since I've used MEHEM as that too should be a blast.

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: ME3 with EGM and CEMF alpha here we come

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 09 Oct 2016, 05:35

I see wear and tear in that face, but her expression screams "I've still got it!"
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

Postby Deager » 14 Oct 2016, 23:02

So, EGM is awesome. I love it. What I didn't love was the fact that I went with a very friendly Shep but one who would do anything to win the war. And...I had to see Mordin get shot for a second time in my trilogy runs. And I really didn't want to pull the trigger this time. Now I'm waiting for the Wrex showdown. Man. I never cry during this game but I felt gutted shooting Mordin. And this Shep isn't giving renegade responses to this stuff. It's mostly paragon which is making it, and will probably continue to make it, all the worse.

On the plus side, the new armor choices available from EGM are awesome. I have Shep wearing the N7 Demolisher Armor in white with lite blue for the fabric and no helmet. One of the few armors to not objectify her, which is really nice.
Deager
Modder

Postby Tarshana » 15 Oct 2016, 06:47

EGM has rekindled the feel of ME1. It is really awesome to know that -if- I wanted to be a Cerberus Cheerleader, there is a reason for it, or go full True Blue and sac the Council. All of my playthroughs now have something to find in ME3. The writing team is incredible. I am playing very very slowly so I can enjoy each moment! (and because texture testing). btw, thank you for your shorter dreams addon. That project is amazing!

You modders make me a happy soul :D
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby Deager » 15 Oct 2016, 12:29

Tarshana wrote:EGM has rekindled the feel of ME1.

Hasn't it though? Spoiler talk a little bit here folks.

Slight spoiler talk
-----
I like the text based stuff instead of cut scenes. I'm pretty sure that a cut scene would certainly had been considered if it had been reasonably feasible but having the text based stuff reminds me of finding Kahoku, using the trinket with the Prothean sphere, etc. Plus having all or nearly all the systems available up front (I think it really is all,) which is very similar to what ME1 did.

Tarshana wrote:The writing team is incredible.

The purpose stuff you mention is probably eluding me a bit because my hunch is that it's so well written and using plot bools, cnds, and ints so well that it's tailor made for the Shepard a player takes through. The emails are written very, very well. The short missions listed in the above paragraph are very, very well written. Being my 20th trilogy run I'm pretty familiar with the game at this point, but there are some times where I'm thinking, "Is that an original email or EGM?"

Throw in ME3Recalibrated and this is pure gold. I miss using BackOff but it looks like I have some work to do with giftfish since I screwed around with way too many files for CEM Full and even CEM Lite. But this time I let James call Shep "Lola" so it's not completely crazy.

Tarshana wrote:I am playing very very slowly so I can enjoy each moment!

While adding a lot of time to a trilogy run, I can see that EGM will have me playing this game after Andromeda comes out. I wouldn't even be surprised if I'm one and done with Andromeda and then right back to the original trilogy which, seriously, how can it be topped? ME1, while dated, still has some of the best sci-fi concept for a video game I've ever seen. And while I'm not a huge reader or movie goer at all, I gather ME1 has some concepts that are pretty rare to find in any sci-fi book or movie. It's nice to see EGM at least bring that ME1 feel back to the trilogy. ME2 will now feel like the weakest story part of the game; ME3 ending mod in use or not.

Tarshana wrote:Thank you for your shorter dreams addon.

I'm glad you enjoy it. That project taught me a lot about how various things work in files. Which, in turn, got me going back to CEM and going even more crazy. But except for streaming texture issues on some computers, I'm pretty happy with Shorter Dreams. That one was on my wish list for a few years and I never thought it was going to be possible. Granted, now with what I'm seeing in EGM I'm realizing that technically quite a bit is possible in modding ME3 now. ;)
Deager
Modder

Postby Tarshana » 15 Oct 2016, 17:00

Deager wrote:
Slight spoiler talk
-----
I like the text based stuff instead of cut scenes. I'm pretty sure that a cut scene would certainly had been considered if it had been reasonably feasible but having the text based stuff reminds me of finding Kahoku, using the trinket with the Prothean sphere, etc. Plus having all or nearly all the systems available up front (I think it really is all,) which is very similar to what ME1 did.

Yes!! Because then I can sorta use my own interpretation of how I feel on a particular mission rather than forced facial expressions!

Deager wrote:The purpose stuff you mention is probably eluding me a bit because my hunch is that it's so well written and using plot bools, cnds, and ints so well that it's tailor made for the Shepard a player takes through. The emails are written very, very well. The short missions listed in the above paragraph are very, very well written. Being my 20th trilogy run I'm pretty familiar with the game at this point, but there are some times where I'm thinking, "Is that an original email or EGM?"

Right!! It is just really good. Bioware should take notes from those writers! lol I have not played ME3 in about a year or so. I came back after inventorying on the BSN projects and was like.. wow, where did all these neat mods come from?! So I have a lot of blank spots in memory and this has been like finding silver in a treasure chest. The flow is really, really good. I know that every time I go to a mission area there will be little reminders of the previous series and it just flows so much better. I do not have to run around every damn system thinking "did I miss something?!" the EGM ini file for timing is damn genius.

Deager wrote:Throw in ME3Recalibrated and this is pure gold. I miss using BackOff but it looks like I have some work to do with giftfish since I screwed around with way too many files for CEM Full and even CEM Lite. But this time I let James call Shep "Lola" so it's not completely crazy.

I use BO and when he calls her "Lola" he says ..."Commander" right after. I do not really care he uses nicknames, but that is a nice touch at the end of it. But yes, gotta have ME3Recalibrated. I also use the Restored Zaeed conversation... makes it nice to know that even if I took the Paragon route with his loyalty quest he still got Vito :D (That quest was such a throw back to Anderson's talk with Shep in ME1 about Saren I just could not allow those people to die. I have it in my head that Shep and Anderson had a nice conversation about it and Anderson got a bit of closure from it).

Also depending on which ThaneMod I am using I either play with MEHEM or JAM now. All these modders working together lets me squeal like a fat cat in a salmon store :D

Deager wrote:While adding a lot of time to a trilogy run, I can see that EGM will have me playing this game after Andromeda comes out. I wouldn't even be surprised if I'm one and done with Andromeda and then right back to the original trilogy which, seriously, how can it be topped? ME1, while dated, still has some of the best sci-fi concept for a video game I've ever seen. And while I'm not a huge reader or movie goer at all, I gather ME1 has some concepts that are pretty rare to find in any sci-fi book or movie. It's nice to see EGM at least bring that ME1 feel back to the trilogy. ME2 will now feel like the weakest story part of the game; ME3 ending mod in use or not.

You are a braver soul than I. I refuse to let EA have more of my monies. They burned my bridge between the closing of the forums and realizing ME:A will just be another action game with minor story details :( And, of course, Asari boobs xD

Deager wrote:I'm glad you enjoy it. That project taught me a lot about how various things work in files. Which, in turn, got me going back to CEM and going even more crazy. But except for streaming texture issues on some computers, I'm pretty happy with Shorter Dreams. That one was on my wish list for a few years and I never thought it was going to be possible. Granted, now with what I'm seeing in EGM I'm realizing that technically quite a bit is possible in modding ME3 now. ;)

Eh, you cannot always fortell what kind of potatoes we have running. My three computers have not had any issues with it :) (I do a lot of texture testing between three rigs because I am a nerd!). I think one of the golden highlights is not seeing "star brat" at the prologue on Earth. That part never made sense to me. The whole kid thing was so bizarre. (Someone was smoking bad juju when they wrote that at BW).

I use CEM... I love love love playing Citadel and having it at the end just makes sense. I like knowing that my Shep and her crew are still off saving the galaxy, cleaning up the mess from the Reapers and playing with little Krogan babbies! It is very well done :D

And yes, EGM has me rubbing my hands in glee for creating some new music to add to the background. Of course, I have no idea what my workflow should be, but eventually I will have the Wards v5 music playing throughout my ship :D

Now if I could just figure out how to change Garrus' lights I will be a happy camper xD

Tarshana has been thanked by:
Tarshana
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Postby Sil » 15 Oct 2016, 18:22

I don't feel the need to write too much for this, I only feel the need to say that EGM has fixed many of the issues I had with Mass Effect 3. It's improved replayability, it feels as if you can explore the galaxy and that there could be things out there you've missed, It's given us more time with ME2 squaddies and it has all been executed to a very high standard. I was interested in modding, but EGM is the mod that made me decide to try and give it a go. So I guess I have the makers to thank for a frustrating (but hopefully rewarding in the end) learning experience :D. Very good work.

I've not played CEM, I may give it a go at some point soon, I do find the idea of it very interesting though!
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Return to Off Topic