Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3Explorer\Texplorer Issues & Bugs Compilation

This area is now closed due to cessation of regular toolset development and move of project hosting to GitHub. If you find a potential bug, always visit the wiki first. If it's determined you've located a bug, please submit it as an Issue on Github.

Re: ME3Explorer\Texplorer Issues & Bugs Compilation

Postby Ottemis » 30 Jul 2013, 21:45

All of mine are broken now except for the ones that are marked !new! in my BSN thread. I'm working on rebuilding them, but it's costing me a lot of time.

As to any of the others, likely trial and error I'm afraid. I don't know.

Edit to add:
It seems any attempt to mod meshes (whether PCC or .MOD) has a tendency to cause the black texture bug ingame, and when trying to access textures manually in the PCC files that contain the replaced Meshes or running a texture replace .MOD, Texplorer throws "Couldn't find entry: D:\Installed\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BioGame\CookedPCConsole\Custtextures0.tfc in PCConsoleTOC.bin".
As it's looking on both the latest SF and the SVN it is completely impossible to replace both textures and meshes. We can't seem to pinpoint what's the cause and what's the effect allthough I can claim my new texture MODs seem to work fine when that's the only thing I'm replacing.
I can run all currently repacked texture replacement .MODs without issues until I try to run a mesh .MOD or PCC mesh replacement and it start to spew out that error on texture replacements afterwards.

Edit2:
Just tried the previously working Kasumi Mesh replacement PCC released by ELE08, textures texmodded by me.
Dropped in the PCC on a fresh install, ran the tocbin updater and got 1 update. Check ingame with the textures texmodded, no problem. Exit out, open up ModMaker, run the repacked N7 armor texture mod, "Couldn't find entry: D:\Installed\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BioGame\CookedPCConsole\Custtextures0.tfc in PCConsoleTOC.bin"

This seems to indicate that ANY PCC or .MOD mesh replacement, wether built with the latest SF or SVN or built before and tested to work before will not work in combination with texture replacement now.
Last edited by Ottemis on 31 Jul 2013, 16:55, edited 11 times in total.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Have thanks: 247 time

Postby Praedor » 31 Jul 2013, 16:08

This bug is a killer. You can either run mesh mods OR texture mods but not both. The mesh mods work without apparent problem but attempt to upgrade or add any new textures via mod or directly in Texplorer and it is game over.
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby Ottemis » 31 Jul 2013, 16:50

Killer is right, as this effectively renders all mods defunct. I'm going to roll back on the SVN to the version ELE's meshmods were created with and see if I can build texture mods that'll not cause issues on that one.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Postby stratataisen » 31 Jul 2013, 18:30

Hmmm, do you know if that also keeps .mod files created before and after the last release from working together?
stratataisen
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby KFreon » 31 Jul 2013, 23:28

@Ottemis
You could add the entry to TOC.bin yourself, to see if that fixes it? I don't think the tocupdater adds files to its list.
All you'd do is add the name of the file, and its size in bytes (gotten from windows).
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Ottemis » 01 Aug 2013, 00:08

It's not really about me being able to use the current SF or the SVN, it's about nobody being able to. I appreciate it Kfreon, but it's useless for me to change anything on the tool personally if it's going to break for everyone. I'm aiming to release, not personal use. My .MODs have been around for 5 months, I'm being spammed with questions in several inboxes due to these issues.
This issue pops up consistently and ONLY when using mesh replacement through either PCC or .MOD and texture replacement.

If I'd simply care to have my textures working that's easy enough as the problem only surfaces when you mesh mod and texture mod, not when you do either. JUST when you do both.
Seeing the userbase has shifted and a lot of them want both, i need to test my mods to work with the mesh mods, as near ALL reports of people coming to me are people that use ANY available meshmod in combination with my texture mods.

I don't know where the corruption is kicking in this version, what I know is that it played nice together before so something broke.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Postby KFreon » 01 Aug 2013, 00:31

Dammit, I keep forgetting everyone else needs them too :P
I might try some of them later tonight, and see if I can find anything for you.

EDIT: OK, I got ELE's Kasumi dress mod, and your N7 armor mod, and dropped them into a fresh install of both ME3explorer and ME3, and it worked fine.
This makes finding the problem way harder :(
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Antarius » 01 Aug 2013, 07:41

Well, I can also confirm these issues on my part but as WV stated already, he is aware of it and we'll have to wait that salty fixes it ;-)

It was only a bit bad luck because the new release with all these issues was just released after my long pause due to private life reasons and hardware change/ME fresh install and I wanted to apply all the mods from scratch again, but this is a luxury we users have for taking advantage of the perm and continuous hard work of the ME modders/programmers so we have to be patient and wait as I'm sure a fix will come soon ;-)
Antarius
User

Have thanks: 65 time

Postby Ottemis » 01 Aug 2013, 19:20

KFreon wrote:Dammit, I keep forgetting everyone else needs them too :P
I might try some of them later tonight, and see if I can find anything for you.

EDIT: OK, I got ELE's Kasumi dress mod, and your N7 armor mod, and dropped them into a fresh install of both ME3explorer and ME3, and it worked fine.
This makes finding the problem way harder :(

That's the SVN? I tested this with the latest SF. Geto's been testing with the latest SVN.
Geto managed to 'solve' the issue manually through adding the entry back into the TOCbin as you suggested, but it's definitely being stripped for some reason.

Have had someone else on PM who was having mayor issues who now managed to get things to work through building treestruct with the 464 rev, doing a number of texture and mesh replacements with that one before updating to 472, after which she had no issues replacing both meshes and textures with that release.

Here's me throwing my hands up in the air, because I just don't know.
Ottemis
Harbinger

Postby Praedor » 01 Aug 2013, 19:40

OK...the "fix" isn't a fix afterall. I was not using the latest SVN when I did it, but a previous incarnation that was supposed to be compatible with both texture and mesh modding. The problem appears to be that I used the latest SVN beforehand and it seems to have done something to render it impossible to texture mod after having done mesh mods. First the error was the file CustTextures0.tfc couldn't be found in PCConsoleTOC.bin when trying to replace a texture via Texplorer or running a texture mod. I then used TOC.bin Editor(AK86) to add CustTextures0.tfc back into the TOC.bin file. I was then able to do a mesh mod and texture mod exactly once. Trying re-install one of Ottemis' texture mods after that produces:

Couldn't find part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole\CustTextures0.tfc' But it DID find the entire path. It's right there in the error message! There is nothing missing.

I rechecked PCConsoleTOC.bin in the editor and the entry for CustTextures0.tfc is still there and having all file sizes rechecked or doing a PCConsoleTOC update produces no errors or complaints. Apparently the texture modding system just doesn't care whether that file exists in PCConsoleTOC.bin or not...it just refuses to see it or use it.
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports