Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Released] ME3Recalibrated

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: [Relased] ME3Recalibrated

Postby Kinkojiro » 07 May 2016, 01:45

Tales from the adventures of Captain Parixherieax the worst captain in the Turian navy

Umm Captain, we have now turned the ship around towards the target but our cannons are firing at the homeworld.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby deadspear » 07 May 2016, 02:14

He also apparently found a way to shoot out more projectiles then there are cannons, since judging by this cinematic, they can only fire two/four (depending on the shot) projectiles at a time and from 2 cannons, at a short delay and the projectiles are blue.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 07 May 2016, 02:56

I am not going to fix that, but I have fixed that he is flying towards the Reaper front first rather than backwards and his guns shoot at the target. Will be in the next ME3Re update.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby giftfish » 07 May 2016, 03:20

Lol. Nice work, Kinko :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 21 Sep 2016, 13:43

Bailey is coming along. Still some work to do, yet, plus replicating the changes in all his files, but I'm close to being done with all I can do for him, including getting him into a C-Sec uniform:

Now that his skin color is closer to ME2 and he's in the right clothes for his job. the differences in his facial architecture and hair mesh stand out quite a bit more. I'm trying to do something about that, but it's very hit or miss, unfortunately. Seems that certain things get "baked" in somehow. I might be able to fix it by editing vertices, but I don't think I'm willing to go there.

EDIT: Don't think I've posted this, so here's an example of Bailey in ME2, ME3, and then one superimposed on the other, centered on his nose (which is identical in size in both shots):

One reason he looks so much younger, is BW changed his normal map in ME3. Bailey used the "OldCauc" normal in ME2. In ME3, they assigned him the "rough_military" normal, which gives the lip scar, pock-marked cheeks, and fewer facial wrinkles.

His chin and jaw are enormous in ME3, his eyebrows completely above his ME2 ones, his ears higher and larger, different hairline, different lip shape (mostly fixed by switching the normal), and much more.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 21 Sep 2016, 15:23

Nice. Good to see Bailey not giving in to hair dye.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Sil » 25 Sep 2016, 15:24

It's a shame the ME2 model couldn't just be ported in, instead. Then we'd get him looking exactly right. Even so, you've done a great job on improving him so far.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Sep 2016, 16:27

Sil wrote:It's a shame the ME2 model couldn't just be ported in, instead. Then we'd get him looking exactly right. Even so, you've done a great job on improving him so far.

The problem is that there's no "model" for Bailey.

Like most NPCs, he uses standard meshes used by all human males. What makes up his unique appearance is a specific combination of universal meshes, face settings, material properties, and texture pointers. Same thing for Kelly, Udina, Khalisah, Aethyta, etc. None have custom models or face textures. It's the changes to these meshes in ME3 that are partly what make all of them look different (and why your imported Shepard needs Project Lazarus to look like any semblance of his/her former self). The other differences come from assigning different values to the properties, adding/removing properties, assigning different textures, and drastic changes to ME3''s lighting compared to the previous two games.

It is theoretically possible to make him look almost identical to ME2. To do this, you'd have to import the relevant head, body, and hair mesh from ME2 into ME3 and edit them in Max (which I'm guessing would be inevitable). Then you'd need to replace all the meshes in all of Bailey's files. In addition, since most of the files with his info also contain other NPCs who use the same mesh, you'd need to custom name them all for Bailey. From there, you'd need to do the same work on all the materials/textures/etc that I've already done. The one thing this method wouldn't address is lighting and I cannot overstate how much different the lighting and color palette is in ME3 compared to the first two games.

Since Bailey is contained in at least 6 files (and I really don't want to mess with mesh replacements since I don't have access to Max and have no mesh editing experience), this route just isn't a very practical option. At least, not if I'm going to get anything else done in a timely manner, lol :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: [Released] ME3Recalibrated

Postby viper » 25 Sep 2016, 19:17

Wow I did not notice that at all.I only noticed of his hair color change.War is so depressing that everybody went to hairstylist and changed their color
viper
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: [Released] ME3Recalibrated

Postby giftfish » 08 Nov 2016, 19:13

Bailey's almost finished. I'm wrapping up the final file now and will post some screenshots. Before I do that, though, I wanted to check if folks know of any other humans on the Citadel that are CLEARLY C-Sec officers, but are in the wrong uniform. It's a fairly easy fix, so if there aren't too many, I can probably fix all of them for the next release.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development