Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Released] ME3Recalibrated

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: [Released] ME3Recalibrated

Postby giftfish » 08 Nov 2016, 22:16

giftfish wrote:Bailey's almost finished. I'm wrapping up the final file now and will post some screenshots. Before I do that, though, I wanted to check if folks know of any other humans on the Citadel that are CLEARLY C-Sec officers, but are in the wrong uniform. It's a fairly easy fix, so if there aren't too many, I can probably fix all of them for the next release.

So, the answer to this is, yes, there are more.

Prior to the coup, all CSec officers in the game are turian. However, after the coup, and on the Presidium only, there are a load of human female and male C-Sec officers. I figured out how to change these, but need to fine tune one more thing before I post a bunch of screenshots.

Btw, who remembers what the deal is with the asari in the Presidium C-Sec office? She's wearing an Alliance uniform, /facepalm. Is she in C-Sec? I sort of am remembering a quest... maybe. Or maybe a convo where you support her or the dude sitting on the couch in front of her?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 09 Nov 2016, 00:50

Bailey is done.

Otte is fine-tuning some new textures for him, but they aren't going to be HR, they're just going to fix some seams and a few other things.

Bailey has taken a shitton of work. I've pulled textures from ME2, since it was impossible to get him looking like himself, without. I've messed with his facial architecture and edited a whole lot of properties in several files. I've also fixed all other human C-Sec officers I'm aware of. I'm still having issues with the female officers on the Presidium after the coup; they're only using the proper outfit half the time (grrr).

Screenshots:

I've also fixed some of his convo cams that were out of focus and will likely give him the "Backoff" treatment before release, where I fix any bugs and restore any cut dialogue.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 09 Nov 2016, 15:29

Nice. I knew he didn't need hair dye. Gray is awesome on Bailey. :)
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 09 Nov 2016, 15:47

Deager wrote:Nice. I knew he didn't need hair dye. Gray is awesome on Bailey. :)

Oh boy, and it took far, far more than a change in hair color to get him looking like that, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 09 Nov 2016, 20:41

I can certainly imagine the fun. I couldn't say how to do it, but I can imagine it.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 13 Nov 2016, 08:12

Deager wrote:I can certainly imagine the fun. I couldn't say how to do it, but I can imagine it.

I can only hope Udina won't be as much of a headache. Or worse.
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

Postby giftfish » 14 Nov 2016, 01:56

Blad3Zer0 wrote:
Deager wrote:I can certainly imagine the fun. I couldn't say how to do it, but I can imagine it.

I think he actually might not be as bad. From what I remember, he's in Citadel I, Embassy, and the coup standoff with Bailey. That should be only 3 files.

What's going to be a bit more complicated is that in ME 1 & 2 Udina is treated like Bailey: he's a standard, generic NPC. However, in ME3, he's a semi-custom NPC with both a custom face and custom scalp texture. To make this more confusing, the game doesn't appear to use his custom scalp texture at all -- which is full of gray hair. It's possible the game isn't using some of his other textures, as well. I'll know more when I take a detailed look. He's next :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 17 Nov 2016, 04:38

giftfish wrote:
Blad3Zer0 wrote:

I think he actually might not be as bad. From what I remember, he's in Citadel I, Embassy, and the coup standoff with Bailey. That should be only 3 files.

He's also briefly in the hospital speaking to the Virmire survivor about the Spectre recruitment.
Blad3Zer0
User

Postby giftfish » 17 Nov 2016, 14:35

Blad3Zer0 wrote:He's also briefly in the hospital speaking to the Virmire survivor about the Spectre recruitment.

Ack, thanks for the reminder. That's four.

Bailey actually only had five. I was expecting 6-7 with how the coup intro played out, but it conveniently all used the same file.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 17 Nov 2016, 23:28

giftfish wrote:Ack, thanks for the reminder. That's four.

Bailey actually only had five. I was expecting 6-7 with how the coup intro played out, but it conveniently all used the same file.

Did that include his voiceless cameo in the Citadel DLC? Or did that scene utilize a basegame reference?

About Udina, I can only hope that with the mentioned assets already in the files, making the NPC utilize them won't be as difficult as the Bailey makeover.
Blad3Zer0
User

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development