Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Released] ME3Recalibrated

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: [Released] ME3Recalibrated

Postby Sil » 17 Nov 2016, 23:30

...Bailey is in Citadel DLC? I don't remember that at all...
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 17 Nov 2016, 23:42

Sil wrote:...Bailey is in Citadel DLC? I don't remember that at all...

Just briefly, during the Thane memorial scene. He doesn't have any lines, but he is there. You don't see him for long either, the camera goes past him pretty quickly about once or twice during the whole event.
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

Postby giftfish » 18 Nov 2016, 00:30

Blad3Zer0 wrote:
Sil wrote:...Bailey is in Citadel DLC? I don't remember that at all...

Just briefly, during the Thane memorial scene. He doesn't have any lines, but he is there. You don't see him for long either, the camera goes past him pretty quickly about once or twice during the whole event.

Ah, feck. That's a problem.

I asked folks on the TM forums about DLC (I don't have any besides the CE) and they thought he wasn't in any DLC. Bailey requires a lot of cloned objects, so I'm not sure how that will work. I'll have to look into it, but I haven't edited that file. Bailey doesn't have his own file (like squadmates do), so all his appearance data is indeed likely to be in the file that controls the memorial service.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 19 Nov 2016, 06:15

giftfish wrote:Ah, feck. That's a problem.

I asked folks on the TM forums about DLC (I don't have any besides the CE) and they thought he wasn't in any DLC. Bailey requires a lot of cloned objects, so I'm not sure how that will work. I'll have to look into it, but I haven't edited that file. Bailey doesn't have his own file (like squadmates do), so all his appearance data is indeed likely to be in the file that controls the memorial service.

Sorry, it seems for all the observations I make, all I have to offer is bad news. :oops:

One of these days I'll find something both helpful and positive.
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

Postby giftfish » 19 Nov 2016, 14:56

@Bladzer0 -- Not your fault at all. I was just under the impression I was done, and this complicates things.

I'll figure it out :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Kainzorus Prime » 27 Nov 2016, 05:04

Another few little things that could be incorporated - remember Darner Vosque? The baldhead leading the Blue Suns you meet in the refugee camp? Apparently he does part-time work in Huerta Memorial post-coup, caring for our favorite Drell assassin. And also plays poker with Vega in the refugee camp as well. Now, in the second instance, it might be the same character. But the doctor having the exact same face is really jarring. At first, I thought it was intentional and that they planned to have him off Thane in the hospital. Alas, such twist was beyond Bioware. So, could the doctor get any sort of different headmorph? Any generic one would do.

Secondly, when you retrieve Biotic Amp interfaces for the Salarian doctor and enter through the door, there's an awkward short cutscene, where the camera pans around the empty space, as if shepard was supposed to be walking into the room. If the trigger for that could be disabled, it wouldn't be nowhere as awkward.
Kainzorus Prime
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby Sil » 27 Nov 2016, 09:58

Kainzorus Prime wrote:Another few little things that could be incorporated - remember Darner Vosque? The baldhead leading the Blue Suns you meet in the refugee camp? Apparently he does part-time work in Huerta Memorial post-coup, caring for our favorite Drell assassin. And also plays poker with Vega in the refugee camp as well. Now, in the second instance, it might be the same character. But the doctor having the exact same face is really jarring. At first, I thought it was intentional and that they planned to have him off Thane in the hospital. Alas, such twist was beyond Bioware. So, could the doctor get any sort of different headmorph? Any generic one would do.

I thought everyone knew that Darner Vosque was a triplet!

Kainzorus Prime wrote:Secondly, when you retrieve Biotic Amp interfaces for the Salarian doctor and enter through the door, there's an awkward short cutscene, where the camera pans around the empty space, as if shepard was supposed to be walking into the room. If the trigger for that could be disabled, it wouldn't be nowhere as awkward.

Yeah, that cutscene is a little strange. I wonder if they were originally going to have it so you could talk to the fetch quest givers and the cutscene is some relic accidentally left over from it when it was scrapped, if it was scrapped.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby giftfish » 27 Nov 2016, 17:20

Kainzorus Prime wrote:So, could the doctor get any sort of different headmorph? Any generic one would do.

I'd have to look at how the doctor is implemented. If he's a real actor, rather than "window dressing", (which he probably is since you converse with him), then it's more complicated. I've never changed a morph; I've only edited the existing morph. Editing places a lot of restrictions on what you can do, since you essentially can't change the location/size of any of the face bones. The face structure -- and therefore appearance -- will overall stay the same.

As a side note, this would be the HuertaP3 file, which both ThaneMOD and BO edit. Generally, we're trying to keep ME3Re away from files that will cause a lot of intermod compatibility issues. If I did implement this, I likely would not release a patch for TM and BO, so those users would have ME3Re's edit overridden.

Btw, BW uses a total of 5 morphs for each species and gender on the Presidium. So, 5 human male morphs, 5 human female, 5 salarian, 5 turian, 5 asari, etc. I expect it's the same for each level of the Citadel, but I haven't checked.

Kainzorus Prime wrote:Secondly, when you retrieve Biotic Amp interfaces for the Salarian doctor and enter through the door, there's an awkward short cutscene, where the camera pans around the empty space, as if shepard was supposed to be walking into the room. If the trigger for that could be disabled, it wouldn't be nowhere as awkward.

There is a ton of borked camerawork in ME3. I just spent a week fixing the coup standoff. It's not perfect, but it's much better.

I'll add it to the list, but ditto on the comment about intermod conflicts. TM and BO edit many Huerta files (this one affects HuertaP2), so unless I release a patch, those folks are out of luck.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby Deager » 27 Nov 2016, 18:19

giftfish wrote:There is a ton of borked camerawork in ME3. I just spent a week fixing the coup standoff. It's not perfect, but it's much better.

Thank you, thank you! I cannot stand that camera stuff.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 28 Nov 2016, 02:26

Deager wrote:
giftfish wrote:There is a ton of borked camerawork in ME3. I just spent a week fixing the coup standoff. It's not perfect, but it's much better.

Thank you, thank you! I cannot stand that camera stuff.

I also fixed quite a few awful gestures, incidents of "encroaching" and misplaced squadmates, misplaced councilors, and added a nicer closing shot rather then just removing that particular piece of borked camerawork.

There's plenty of other things I could have fixed, but it's such a complex scene. There are many, many responses for each VS and Shepard depending on exactly what decisions have been made up til that point. All, of course, use different interps. To actually test all conditions, and all combinations of successive interps based upon those varying conditions would be a nightmare. So, I stuck to the biggest things. Just doing that made a project that I planned on taking the afternoon, take a week. To completely test and edit the full scene would take a month (at least for me). I wasn't really prepared to do that >.<

When I revamp Udina, I might take a look at a couple other things, but for now, playing through it 100x has been more than enough. It should be much better 90% of folks, if not 100% :)

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development