Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Released] ME3Recalibrated

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: [Released] ME3Recalibrated

Postby Kainzorus Prime » 01 Jan 2017, 03:08

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I have two little things that could be incorporated. Apologies if I'm repeating myself here.

1. Udina. Short of it is, he seems to be using the generic male facial textures, even though his personal ones are still within the game files. If they could be dug out like Bailey and Aetytha, it'd be grand.

2. Harbinger. Further proof of lazy-*** asset reuse. Our favorite herald of Salvation through Destruction is a generic reaper model with the central front leg lopped off, and his eye lights slapped into place. If his actual ME2 model could be shoved in there, it would be great. Pretty sure it could be lifted off the Arrival DLC files.
Kainzorus Prime
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby giftfish » 02 Jan 2017, 15:17

@KP -- Both have been mentioned... possibly by you, lol.

1. Both the ME1 and ME2 version of Udina use standard NPC textures; he doesn't have a unique face texture. So, using the one that is in ME3's files won't necessarily fix his problems (though I will certainly test it). His appearance problems are the same result of Bailey and other NPCs. Namely, the changes BW made to the head models, along with improper appearance-related property settings for his stunt actor.

2. Harbinger is a part of the end game files, and these are files that ME3 won't modify due to conflicts with a significant number of ending mods. For many folks, these changes would simply be overridden. If we implemented a fix, it would only be seen by folks who don't use any ending mods, as we sure as heck aren't going to put out patches for the half dozen mods that alter the ending (JAM, MEHEM, ThaneMOD, LIME, etc). It would be up to each of those mod authors.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby sansuni » 02 Jan 2017, 19:43

giftfish wrote:@KP -- Both have been mentioned... possibly by you, lol.

1. Both the ME1 and ME2 version of Udina use standard NPC textures; he doesn't have a unique face texture. So, using the one that is in ME3's files won't necessarily fix his problems (though I will certainly test it). His appearance problems are the same result of Bailey and other NPCs. Namely, the changes BW made to the head models, along with improper appearance-related property settings for his stunt actor.

2. Harbinger is a part of the end game files, and these are files that ME3 won't modify due to conflicts with a significant number of ending mods. For many folks, these changes would simply be overridden. If we implemented a fix, it would only be seen by folks who don't use any ending mods, as we sure as heck aren't going to put out patches for the half dozen mods that alter the ending (JAM, MEHEM, ThaneMOD, LIME, etc). It would be up to each of those mod authors.

Ahh Giftfish, I imagine one day you won't be able to resist and you will end up making your own version of the endings. (probably along with Kinkojiro, combined forces of you two would be unstoppable.)

I also imagine it will be sometime after you both finalize your respective mods, by 2020 or something. It will take a year to make and it will probably be the version "v0.01". Just keep Kainzorus Prime's suggestion while making that :D

Half serious jokes aside, I love what you have done with Bailey. He still looks slightly deformed compared to ME2 counterpart, but at least he is recognizable as himself now. How did they menage to screw up so much is beyond me.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby giftfish » 02 Jan 2017, 21:48

@sansuni -- Omg 2020.

Perish the thought. TMv3.0 will be out this year if it kills me.

...Now only if I can get Sir to release that shiny new Audio Editor :)

Glad you like Bailey. I'm very pleased with how he turned out, and all the new C-Sec uniforms make such a world of difference. Actually feels like C-Sec again, and not like the Alliance has taken control of the Citadel, lol.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby sansuni » 02 Jan 2017, 22:53

giftfish wrote:@sansuni -- Omg 2020.

Perish the thought. TMv3.0 will be out this year if it kills me.

...Now only if I can get Sir to release that shiny new Audio Editor :)

Glad you like Bailey. I'm very pleased with how he turned out, and all the new C-Sec uniforms make such a world of difference. Actually feels like C-Sec again, and not like the Alliance has taken control of the Citadel, lol.

I was trying to compliment on your attention to detail (along with Kinkojiro's attention to detail), since you know, with this much attention to detail, combined with the difficulty involving the tools and fiddly nature of the game engine, yeah... things take time. But I am sure if anyone could menage, its you.

On the subject of uniforms, what bothered me the most about the uniform change, in ME1 and ME2 Alliance and C-Sec were wearing the same uniform with only a slight texture swap (shamefully with ME2, Cerberus uniform was just a texture swap of the same uniform as well), in ME3 though, all three changed their uniforms at the same time. (again same uniform with a slight texture swap) How lazy is that. I would much rather if one of them, preferably the C-Sec kept original uniforms. (Though that's just my opinion and I understand if it wasn't even possible since they might be sharing the same mesh in some areas. Since, why would they even change their uniforms at the same time. It would have made more sense in ME2, where Shepard was out of commission for 2 years, and that's for only one group.)

On another issue, have you noticed how different Balak looks between games? In ME1 he is noticeably more yellow, while in ME3 he is just white. Or Aria, while in ME2 she is noticeably more purple, in ME3 she is blueish. Lastly in my opinion, Dr. Chakwas doesn't really seem look anything like her ME1 counterpart, but that might be just me.

Enough of my bumbling though. Keep up the good work.
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 03 Jan 2017, 15:52

I took the compliment as you meant it :)

Yeah, ME1 and ME2 uniforms are much more similar. ME3 took a much more significant departure, just like with everything else. What makes the C-Sec thing a bit worse in my mind is all of this:

1. In ME1 we see a multi-racial Embassy, the executor of C-Sec is a turian (Pallin), and his office is in "the embassy". C-Sec is given an enormous area of the Citadel -- technically in the Wards if I remember right -- and it's completely populated by turians. All C-Sec uniforms are bright blue and black turian outfits.

2. In ME2 "the embassy" is basically not accessible short of going to "the Presidium" to see Anderson. According to a news report by Emily Wong on the Citadel Chellick is now Executor. The only thing we see of C-Sec is a small office on Zakera Ward where Bailey is Captain. He explains there are now more humans in C-Sec, since the agency needed to do more hiring after the Battle of the Citadel. All C-sec uniforms are bright blue and black for both turians and humans. The human versions use the same mesh as the Alliance fatigues, they are just re-colored. Okay, I can accept all that.

3. In ME3, "the embassy" is now "the human embassy"; we no longer see embassies for other races. According to Bailey, the Executor is *human* (hello plot hole), and when we travel through C-Sec HQ during the coup, not only does it look nothing like what we know from ME1, but we see *almost exclusively* bodies of humans. There are almost no turians, anywhere, and this is in HQ. Bailey is now a commander with an office in a human embassy, and he is Shepard's main point of contact for C-Sec. The executor's office is apparently not in an embassy anymore, but inside C-Sec HQ (actually make sense, imo, but there's no explanation), AND, for some reason human C-Sec members no longer wear a C-Sec uniform. Instead, they wear Alliance military fatigues. All of this changes the entire feeling of the C-Sec organization. It makes C-Sec feel like an Alliance military installation on the Citadel. Visually, you no longer associate C-Sec as the security force of the Citadel (Council), as you should. You view the organization with an Alliance and human-centric spin. Human Embassy, human C-Sec Commander, human Executor, human C-Sec members, and human military uniforms. Just... wthf.

----

One thing we're planning for a future release of ME3Re is to fix the plot hole about the human executor, and re-establish Chellick, as in ME2. I'd modify Bailey's dialogue about it, the codex, and swap the body during the coup. I'd also like to take a look at swapping some of the human bodies during the coup, so more turians are present. Likewise, pre-coup, there are zero human C-Sec folks on the Citadel short of Bailey. I'd like to create a better balance by swapping maybe a third of the turians for humans.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby sansuni » 03 Jan 2017, 18:44

Then I am glad :D

In ME1 and ME2, C-Sec was made out of Turian's, Salarian's and Humans. It was mostly Turians, but sometimes Salarians and occasionally Humans and Asari. Human kind was always there but even with everything that happened, numbers just wont add up. Not to mention how Turian's, Salarian's and Asari seemingly missing without any given explanation. It is just upsetting to see.

Like I have said, it is just my opinion, but that's why I much rather see human's in their original C-Sec uniform rather than what we have now.

Alliance changed their uniforms, I understand that, but there is absolutely no reason why C-Sec and Cerberus would change it as well.

So... restoring Chellick would be a huge step towards fixing these problems. Adding Turian, Salarian and Asari bodies during the coop would help a lot as well.

Still though, whole Citadel feels wrong all around. Human - aliens ratio feels all messed up, even with every story explanation combined with fan theories. It is mostly humans with some aliens added as an afterthought. (You would think Citadel was discovered by humans and other aliens were just visiting... it just feels wrong)
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 03 Jan 2017, 20:55

Do have a screenshot that shows asari and salarian C-Sec in ME1? I don't remember that from any of my 6+ PTs, actually.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby sansuni » 03 Jan 2017, 21:36

giftfish wrote:Do have a screenshot that shows asari and salarian C-Sec in ME1? I don't remember that from any of my 6+ PTs, actually.

Salarian and Asari C-Sec officers are in the lore, no question about that. And they are visible in the game. (at least in ME1, can't remember seeing those in other games) If only I had the ME1 installed, so I could take clear screenshots, but screenshots from youtube will have to do.

Here you can see a Turian C-Sec officer and Asari C-Sec officer talking.

Right behind them there is a Salarian C-Sec officer.

There are many other examples like this. Especially in the Citadel C-Sec area. (ME1) They are clearly wearing C-Sec uniforms and sometimes, like in this case, they talk about C-Sec stuff.
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 03 Jan 2017, 22:07

Ha! I've never noticed that. It's also been a little while since ME1, so maybe I noticed and just done remember, lol.

So, that's even more interesting. In ME3 (if not ME2) we also lost all salarian C-Sec. We have one asari C-Sec in ME3 that I'm aware of.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development