ME3 Recalibrated is going to be an extremely lore-friendly DLC mod in the flavor of the "Unofficial Patches" for TES (The Elder Scrolls). I say "in the flavor", b/c we're talking on a much smaller scale. The basic idea is it will be a modest-sized mod full of high-quality fixes for bugs, lore faux pas, poorly-written dialogue (not LI or Thane related!), and NPC appearances. There will be an emphasis on enriching the game experience for imported characters and creating consistency across all three games. Immersion is the name of the game.
This will be a multi-author mod. Rather than release these fixes separately, they will be combined. DLC mods are great, but the more there are the more complicated things get. Throwing all these fixes into the same mod makes things easier for users to manage and reduces compatibility issues, which makes our lives as modders easier.
Scope + Technical Details
I've added this separate section on scope as questions come up. Expect this to grow.
Edits for ME3Re should meet the following requirements:
- 100% immersive (no bugs/wonkiness... this is what we're trying to fix!)
- Single-player content
- Bugfixes, poor writing/dialogue, cut content restoration (this might need discussion), lore inconsistencies (NPC appearances fit here), or minor lore-centric enhancements
- Fixing broken powers is okay, as long as it's not going to cause conflicts. Please make the fixes to all affected DLC; folks will download and install them as needed.
- Avoid edits to core files that could cause incompatibilities (BioD_Nor.pcc, SFXGame.pcc, etc)
- Avoid edits to Beam run and later files to avoid conflicts with ending mods & ThaneMOD
- Avoid edits to most Citadel DLC files to avoid conflicts with CEM
- Avoid edits to LI content to avoid conflicts with BO & ThaneMOD
- Avoid edits to the galaxy map and cabin to avoid conflicts with GMM
ME3Re will be hosted on Nexusmods, only. All authors will receive admin (file permission) rights on Nexusmods once the mod is released. We're all busy, so my expectation is that anyone who contributes content will take responsibility for monitoring and addressing any bugs relevant to their files. My guess is this will be minimal, since we're keeping things simple
My hope is to release ME3Re v1.0 concurrently with BackOff, since some BO content is being relocated to this mod. More content may be added prior to release. I'll update this OP as needed.
- Adjustment for awkward endgame shuttle dialogue between Shepard/Anderson (JohnP)
- Post-Thessia wrap up dialogue with Hackett/Anderson fixed to not imply the loss of Thessia was Shepard's fault (JohnP)
- Minor Prologue:Earth trial dialogue edits (JohnP)
- Edits for child & Anderson dialogue during Prologue: Earth (JohnP)
- Normandy escape from Earth alternate follow up scene (giftfish; relocated file from BackOff)
- First meeting with Bailey; alternate opening for imports and other edits (giftfish; relocated file from BackOff)
- First Council meeting; final comment from Liara removed (giftfish; duplicated file from BackOff)
- Kelly Chambers/Felicia Hannigan makeover (giftfish, duplicate file from BackOff)
- Fix for Salarian Special Tasks Group and Major Kirrahe war assets (AVPen)
- TLK fix for wrong name in Journal for Mesana: Ardak Yakshi Monastery (Kinkojiro)
- BIN fix for swapped locations of Shadow Broker Assets (Kinkojiro)
- Ashley Marksman power fix; includes CitDLC, CE DLC, FA DLC (AVPen)
- Fixed idles for Kaidan/Ash on the Presidium; no more drinking motions w/o glasses in hand (giftfish; duplication from BackOff)
- Fixed nonsensical Normandy security checkpoint guard dialogue post-coup (giftfish)
- Fixed galaxy map bug that highlights Aequitas on Minos Wasteland as having a quest post Admiral Koris (giftfish)
- Removed Anderson's name drop about "Grayson" post-Coup, as if Shepard knows who he's talking about (giftfish)
- Added Kelly's name to the Citadel map, when present (giftfish)
Depending on when it's completed, the content below may be included in v1.0 or a later release. Please note that future releases are not on a specific schedule and will only occur if enough additional material is modded to warrant pushing another release:
- Donnel Udina makeover (giftfish)
- Matriarch Aethyta makeover (giftfish)
- Captain Armando Bailey makeover (giftfish)
- Possible Hanar Diplomat dialogue fixes (Deager)
- Possible Aria Omega DLC dialogue fixes (Fob)
Other mod authors are welcome and encouraged to submit additional edits to include in ME3Re. The only constraint is they must fit the scope of the mod (see above). If you're interested, just post here or toss me a PM.
Last Edited: 02 Jan 2016