Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

MEHEM | Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: MEHEM general discussion

Postby The Fob » 06 Apr 2014, 12:36

No worries. Really happy that you are doing this.
No problem about Cpt. Fob. I'll voice him. If you wanted to hear your voice in the game though, you could go with the "Shepard ist am Leben" or the "Normandy, Rettungsteam ist im Anflug" line. No reason why there shouldn't be female soldiers on the rescue team. :)

BTW, I checked on the Joker ywlling "Shepard!!" line and it's definitely in endgm2_escape_c_S_INT/DEU. In my extracted sounds it's the 12th sound in the file (although I am not so sure how consistent that would be, so better check through all sounds in that file).

Cheers!
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Glutzahn » 06 Apr 2014, 18:49

Oh, it's not that important to have my own voice ingame. I'm not sure that I will mange to record it correctly, but may I will give it a try.

Yes, the Shepard line is there, but they made an mistake with recording it, in the german version Shepard yells his/her name himself/herself (stupid I know. In the subtitles it is right) and so it's also in game as you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKRmtQ-eM4 (~9:00), but I found a part where Joker yells 'Commander' i hope it's also ok.

In a few minutes you will get a pm with a download link for the german files^^

Edit: ok I tried the "Normandy, Shepard is alive". I have to versions 1st "nromandy, shepard lebt" and 2nd "normandy, shepard ist am leben", I'm not really happy with the files, so I'm not angry if you don't use them ^^
Glutzahn
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby JohnP » 06 Apr 2014, 20:53

Man, everything sounds awesome in German! lol
JohnP
Modder

Have thanks: 132 time

Postby The Fob » 06 Apr 2014, 23:00

Cool!!! I pmed you back. Will let everyone know as soon as the German version is ready. Also, with this info I can finally finish my little tutorial so hopefully we can soon also have versions in Spanish, French, etc. :)
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Chroptus » 10 May 2014, 22:27

Hey mr fob. I just came across this person who does amazing tali impersonation. What about adding some more voices in the memerial scene or whereever this could fit? Im sure all of us talimancers could really need this! :)

Check out her work here:
https://soundcloud.com/tali_voices
Chroptus
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby AVPen » 23 May 2014, 15:25

JohnP wrote:
AVPen wrote:
JohnP wrote:Since I was bored recently (lol), and some folks have asked about this, I'm putting together a combination of the standard EC ending with the MEHEM memorial.

If you've read the MEHEM customization thread in the tutorials section, you know that I did something similar last year, but this is much more complete:

-All three endings are still available (EMS dependant just like in the base game)
-Just like MEHEM, there is no Normandy crash UNLESS you don't meet the EMS threshold for the Normandy to take off at the end of the EC (2400 just like the base game)
-You still have to meet the EMS threshold (3100) for Shepard to survive
-If Shepard survives in destroy, the breath scene appears after the Crucible wave hits the Normandy and before Hackett's monologue
-If you have less than 3100, you get the standard destroy memorial (just like the base game)
-Shepard will hug their LI if they have one, otherwise no hug (just like the current version of complete MEHEM)

I'm not quite done with this and I'm not sure how wide I'll release it. Probably just here. I'll see what Fob has to say and how he feels about it.

Super-interesting stuff, JohnP, this sounds a lot more like what I've been looking for as far as an ME3 ending (not that I dislike MEHEM, but there are just certain aspects about it that just aren't my cup of tea).

After Shepard hugs his/her LI at the end of the highest Destroy ending, are you also planning on using the "Nomandy fly-by of Earth" video that MrFob made for the v.04 release of MEHEM? (and would you consider using the improved version of that video once MrFob releases it for the v0.5 release?)

This is getting there slowly. :-) I've actually moved the breath scene to after when Hackett says "A future that many will never see." So you see the Shep Alive video, cut to black for a few seconds, then fade in to the memorial wall.

Just out of curiosity, how goes this side project, JohnP? :)

Also, will there be a way for a user to move the breath scene to the beginning of the Destroy sequence (before the fleet of ships fly pass the damaged relay), instead of where you placed it right now (unless you changed your mind since your last post)? I kind of think that the scene's placement would work better before the Destroy sequence begins, gives a little bit of time for Shepard to get healed up before the memorial wall sequence, in my opinion.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby JohnP » 25 May 2014, 20:52

Just out of curiosity, how goes this side project, JohnP?

It became more than a side project and I've had less time for modding recently so it took a lot longer than I planned, but this is pretty much done. I'll be releasing it in a few days probably.

Also, will there be a way for a user to move the breath scene to the beginning of the Destroy sequence (before the fleet of ships fly pass the damaged relay), instead of where you placed it right now (unless you changed your mind since your last post)?

Not on the installer end, but someone could always mod the sequence themselves if they want.

I kind of think that the scene's placement would work better before the Destroy sequence begins, gives a little bit of time for Shepard to get healed up before the memorial wall sequence, in my opinion.

That's what I thought and why I originally put it there. But after watching it, it just didn't flow right. Having it right after Hackett's line about a "future that many will never see" just seemed to work better IMO.

And remember the epilogue slides are flash forwards. Chronologically, the memorial scene must be taking place before most of them.
JohnP
Modder

Have thanks: 132 time

Postby AVPen » 26 May 2014, 15:12

JohnP wrote:
Also, will there be a way for a user to move the breath scene to the beginning of the Destroy sequence (before the fleet of ships fly pass the damaged relay), instead of where you placed it right now (unless you changed your mind since your last post)?

Not on the installer end, but someone could always mod the sequence themselves if they want.

Gotcha, I figured that part would have to be changed after the mod was installed first.
Looking forward to it.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby giftfish » 23 Jul 2014, 22:12

Let me try asking this question in here to see if I get a response.

MEHEM users modding textures, I have a question. Have any of you done a tree scan with MEHEM installed, modded some textures, and then successfully ran the MEHEM uninstaller to uninstall the mod afterward?

I ask because tree scanning now extracts the files from the sfar. The MEHEM v0.4 installer and uninstaller are made to install/uninstall via the sfar. So, I'm wondering if running a scan on an MEHEM-modded EC is actually going to bork the ability to uninstall MEHEM via the uninstaller. This has implications for reinstallation, since the installer checks for a registry entry that can only be removed upon a successful uninstall.

giftfish

Postby Blad3Zer0 » 24 Jul 2014, 02:01

giftfish wrote:Let me try asking this question in here to see if I get a response.

MEHEM users modding textures, I have a question. Have any of you done a tree scan with MEHEM installed, modded some textures, and then successfully ran the MEHEM uninstaller to uninstall the mod afterward?

Yes, uninstallation should work fine, at least when it comes to removing the MEHEM installation entry from the registry. I don't know if it would properly restore the vanilla sfar that was backed up, but I don't see why not.

Same goes for the Harbinger add-on.

We'd certainly have problems reverting ME3 to vanilla if we couldn't remove obstructive installation entries.
Blad3Zer0
User

Have thanks: 28 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development