It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to me3explorer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: MEHEM Problems and Solutions FAQ
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 108 time
MEHEM Problems and Solutions FAQ

General advise:
- Use the current version of MEHEM (currently v0.4)
- Use wavion's installer
- If you have a previous version of MEHEM currently installed, use wavion's uninstaller first, then use the installer
- Before you install, go to Origin right click on Mass Effect 3 in your library and click "check for updates"
- Go to Origin"s setting and set "Automatically update my games" to false

Problem: MEHEM install doesn't work!
Solution:
Check this installer FAQ.

Problem: When I start my game after MEHEM installation, it doesn't start!
You are probably running MEHEM together with other mods. Download ME3Explorer and run the TOCbin Upadter from the tools menu.
NOTE: MEHEM may not be compatible with some texture or mesh mods for the Extended Cut DLC. It is recommended not to use MEHEM with mods that change textures or meshes in the DLC. If you are an advanced ME3Explorer user and want t try it, see Question 3 below).

Problem: Mass Effect 3 freezes when I try to load a save after I installed MEHEM
You are probably running MEHEM together with other mods. Download ME3Explorer and run the TOCbin Updater from the tools menu. Also, see the next question below.
NOTE: MEHEM may not be compatible with some texture or mesh mods for the Extended Cut DLC. It is recommended not to use MEHEM with mods that change textures or meshes in the DLC. If you are an advanced ME3Explorer user and want t try it, see the next question below)

Problem: I am playing ME3 with texture mods. After installing MEHEM and running the TOC.bin updater, all my modded texture are just black!
Make sure you use the current version of ME3Explorer for applying texture mods. With this version, do the following: Revert ME3 to vanilla status. Then install MEHEM first and after that, run tree-scan. Now you should be able to install any texture mod you like. (Note for Citadel Epilogue Mod users: CEM also need to be installed before running the tree-scan.)

Problem: The new emails just show me lines from the star kid conversation! What's going on?
Your BioGame.tlk file has been overwritten, probably by another mod. If you are using the Mother Of All Mods (MOAM), check here for a fix. If you are using another mod that changes the tlk file, I am afraid MEHEM's emails are currently incompatible with this. Please let me know if that is the case. If it is a popular mod, I may be able to create and provide a fix in the future.

Problem: I get some weird mixture of MEHEM and the pre-Extended Cut endings (relays explode, no Thessia and Tuchanka scene, etc.)
Answer: You used a save file that was created after Cronos Station before installing the Extended Cut. Load a savegame from before Cronos Station and play from there. If you don't have another save file, play through the buggy ending once and you will be reset to just before Cronos. Now you can play from there.

Problem: After Shepard collapses in front of the console, the screen goes black and I hear the Overlord combat music but there is no MEHEM ending!

Answer: Origin updated your game after you installed MEHEM and overwrote some important files. Use the uninstaller that is packaged with MEHEM v0.3 to uninstall the mod. Go to Origin and update ME3 (optionally, also set Origin's auto update feature to false, see above). Now install MEHEM again.

Problem: I tried everything above but it doesn't work!
Answer: As a last resort, go to Origin, right click on Mass Effect 3 and choose "Repair". When this is done, look at the Mass Effect 3 details in Origin and scroll down to see your DLC. Right click on the Extended Cut and choose "repair". If you have Leviathan installed, also right click on Leviathan and choose "repair". Once all of this is done, right click on Mass Effect 3 in Origin and search for updates (optionally, also set Origin's auto update feature to false, see above). After that, install MEHEM v0.4.

Problem: I finished my MEHEM playthrough and want to start an NG+ game but I can't find my Shepard.
Answer: Download the MEHEM NG+ fix from here and play through the ending again. Now NG+ will work again. This fix will be included by default in the next version of course.
Note: If you don't want to play through the ending again and rather want to try modding your save, you can try jetfox's solution:
Quote:
jetfox wrote...

actually i found a better way till a fix, get a mass effect 3 save editor, i have gibbed me3 save editor, open the save file folder, then find that new game plus file, it does make one, then under game finished or ending finished, if it says 'no' or something select 'lived to fight another day' or 'went out in a blaze of glory' i have the same issue, and googled till i figured i would fix it myself, it seems for some it doesn't flag the game as being ended. and mehem is pretty much the only mod i have currently.

Problem: The uninstaller says that MEHEM is not installed and the installer says that MEHEM is already installed. What do I do?!?
Answer: You have run into a very rare problem that can occur on some systems. See here for the solution.

I tried absolutely everything and the installer still doesn't work!
Try a manual install. You can find the file package here (this hosting site has some limits on traffic per day. If you can't download the file right away, try again the next day).
Install instructions are included in the file archive.
NOTE: It is recommended to use the installer if possible. Use this only as a last resort!

Post subject: Re: MEHEM Problems and Solutions FAQ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 37 time
stickied thread

Renmiri has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this...But a friend has tried twice (with the installer) to download MEHEM. She assures me she was vanilla at install. But both times her game crashes after taking down the Reaper destroyer. Do you know why this might be the case?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 118 time
MEHEM modifies the 910RaceToConduit.pcc file and it sounds like the game is crashing when it tries to load this.
If she has ME3Explorer, she should try running AutoTOC after installing MEHEM. If it works after that, then something wasn't vanilla and the MEHEM TOC.bin was breaking it.

JohnP has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:00 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
JohnP wrote:
MEHEM modifies the 910RaceToConduit.pcc file and it sounds like the game is crashing when it tries to load this.
If she has ME3Explorer, she should try running AutoTOC after installing MEHEM. If it works after that, then something wasn't vanilla and the MEHEM TOC.bin was breaking it.

Thank you. I will let her know.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 49 time
How about updating MEHEM installer to install on a system that has been scanned by a recent version of ME3explorer/Texplorer? You need a vanilla system to get a successful Texplorer scan, the scan unpacks the Default.sfar in all the DLCs, the MEHEM installer checks the Default.sfar, apparently expecting a fully packed (and non-Texplorer scanned) DLC Default.sfar.

I can't install MEHEM because I scanned my system to allow for modding but if I install MEHEM first I cannot scan the Citadel DLC for modding.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 118 time
There are talks going on about this. The extracting of DLC files has made some challenges for easy content mod installation. Fob released the manual install version of MEHEM 0.4, so there's always that.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 108 time
The problem with this is that the manual install won't really help you, unless I somehow manages to create a completely different installer from scratch.
As far as I know, even .mod files don't play nicely with texture and other mesh mods (unless I messed an update somewhere).
So the only way to get MEHEM (or other story mods like CEM or ThaneMOD) to work properly with texture mods is to install them first, then do the tree scan.
That way, you overwrite the pcc files before the textures are updated in them.
If you do it the other way round and you basically overwrite parts of texture modded pcc files with MEHEM data, chances are that you will compromise the file and wither break the game or at least the texture mod.
I guess it is possible to create an installer that would be fully compatible but it would have to go through the file object by object and heck all the offsets in the file and insert new data properly. This is similar to what the clone function of PC Editor 2.0 does but unfortunately, i didn't have much luck with this on a couple of DLC files, I need to edit. So it's all a bit tricky and unfortunately, I am rather short on time at the moment as well.

Therefore, the best way to go right now is this:
- Do a vanilla install of the game and the DLCs
- Make a backup of your game files folder
- Install MEHEM, CEM, ThaneMod in the proper order
- Do the treescan
- Install texture mods

Then, if you want to uninstall:
- Run the MEHEM uninstaller (and uninstallers for other story mods if available
- Replace the game files folder with your backup
- Get rid of any residual treescan files (not sure if thsi is still needed)

Now you should be back with a vanilla version of the game and you can re-run treescan and re-install texture mods.

Please be aware that most of this is second hand knowladge to me since I don't have much experience with texture mods. This guide is mostly pieced together from reports of others and deduction from hat I know about how the different mods and install processes work. I cannot guarantee that this will run bug-free for everyone.
If anyone spots something wrong here, please let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:39 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi,
I have encountered an issue while trying to run the mod.
I have a cracked version of the game because the code I got in the box to activate it on Origin wasn't valid I tried contacting customer support but they provided no help.
I am using TexMod to run 3 mods, a hair mod, and two outfit mods. Will any of these factors effect MEHEM working? I installed it with the installer which was fine, I didn't have to do the manual install. But when I tried running the game (through TexMod, with the 3 other mods), I got stuck at what I think is an infinite loading screen. I don't have much patience, so is it normal to have a longer loading screen when the mod is first installed? Or is it something to do with the previous factors aforementioned?
Thank you anyway for this glorious mod, you have helped many ME fans save their Shepards :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Update: I got it working by simply using the POCBin Updater on ME3Explorer. Will keep this here for reference.

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next