Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

MEHEMv0.2 and later Customization and modification

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

Re: MEHEMv0.2 and v0.3: Customization and modification

Postby Bellona » 24 Sep 2013, 16:58

Hi!

Sorry, I want to know how to do а green end? Is it possible?
Bellona
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby The Fob » 24 Sep 2013, 23:26

MEHEM will always rout you into the destroy ending. Unfortunately there is no way to get MEHEM to work on top if the original endings since I have to overwrite data which would be necessary to run them.
For example, he hugging memorial in MEHEM is actually the synthesis memorial, just modified.
However, thanks to wavion, MEHEM v0.3 comes with a convenient uninstaller. So if you want to get back to the old endings for one playthrough, it's as easy as a few mouse clicks.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Bellona » 25 Sep 2013, 09:38

I saw the Uninstaller. But I want your happy end with synthetics. If assuming that it automatically should be green. Is it really impossible to replace video with red end to green? Only video and sounds, where it's possible
Bellona
User

Postby Renmiri » 27 Sep 2013, 16:35

I suppose if you only want the color changed... How would the green make sense if you don't even talk to Casper ?
Renmiri
Emeritus

Have thanks: 37 time

Postby Bellona » 27 Sep 2013, 17:19

Yes, only the color changed. Nobody knows what Crucible is doing. Maybe, it should make them synthetics. Never mind, is it possible?
Bellona
User

Postby The Fob » 28 Sep 2013, 01:19

I am afraid that would require quite a bit of work since I'd have to change which ending is streamed in for the player. These streamingstates do not only depend on the sequence of the game flow but also on Shepard's (the player's) position inside the level (see here for more info). As it is, I am currently teleporting Shepard to different positions in the level throughout the ending in order to trigger the correct streams. This positioning would probably have to change and one would have to adjust the trigger objects themselves to fire different files (something I did for the destroy ending but not for the synthesis ending.
Given how easy it is to produce bugs with these changes, I'd say, including testing and fixing, it would take me about a full time week to make the changes and at the moment, I'm afraid I don't have the time, sorry.

However, I am happy for anyone who is keen to take the files I modded and do their own thing with them. If you want to give these modifications a go, I am happy to help in the case of question if I can. I cannot recommend this as a first project though since it's fairly complex. I always recommend to start with something simple, see if it works and then work your way up from there.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Renmiri » 28 Sep 2013, 01:27

If I may ask, what exactly are you trying to get ?

Modding from scratch to make a synthesis ending is a lot of work, as Mr fob just confirmed. But is that really what you need ?

Swapping slides and a few dialog lines is a lot easier than remaking the entire mod. ThaneMod is currently planning to use 99% of MEHEM work and just swap a few slides. Maybe your "synthesis" ending can do the same ?

I would run through each scene, dialog and slide from MEHEM and see if it contradicts your vision for a synthesis ending. Maybe all you need is a few of them changed / swapped.
Renmiri
Emeritus

Have thanks: 37 time

Postby Cav » 26 Oct 2013, 23:05

I've tested them both and the hex edits to skip the stargazer scene and replace Vega with Javik still work in 0.4, for anyone wondering. Just follow the instructions posted in the thread - the addresses and everything are still the same.

Cav has been thanked by:
Cav
User

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby DarthHayze » 15 Dec 2013, 22:05

Ok, so I saw that there was some instructions on adding the catalyst into MEHEM. Which is close to, but not quite, the request I made over on BSN. I wanted to see this:

MEHEM plays out normally until -
Mr. Fob's edited MEEM catalyst conversation sequence takes place, however the only option being to shoot the kid,
which leads directly into MEHEM continuing to play out exactly the same as if that scene hadn't been there.

The reason I want the MEEM version, is because it actually makes sense, references the Dark Matter and has the kid call itself a VI instead of an AI.

How would I do this, while still being compatible with Leviathan? And not changing anything in MEHEM other than inserting an edited MEEM catalyst scene?
DarthHayze
User

Postby DarthHayze » 16 Dec 2013, 02:03

I tried editing my post, didn't work. Just watched the MEEM ending again. Realized that I really just want to use that version of the catalyst convo, letting it's Synthesis & Integration still be choices, but having destroy ending continue with MEHEM. How would implementing the MEEM version differ from the EC version?
DarthHayze
User

PreviousNext

Return to General References and Tutorials