Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

MEHEMv0.2 and later Customization and modification

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

MEHEM v0.4 rescue scene

Postby Deager » 23 Jan 2014, 18:27

I really like the updates to v0.4 and MrFob already knows I'm a huge fan of the mod.

I was wondering if it's possible to skip the rescue scene where the music changes as the shuttle enters the Citadel to the point we see Shepard's hand? The pacing of the ending seems to slow a bit during that scene and I think going straight from the shuttle heading to the Citadel to the point where Joker says, "Not those beams again" might make for better flow.

My guess is...this wouldn't be easy to do. But if it was even a sequence edit to re-point something and if someone had an idea on which sequence to change that'd be great.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: MEHEMv0.2 and v0.3: Customization and modification

Postby JohnP » 23 Jan 2014, 20:29

Simpler than you think. Should just be a matter of changing four bytes (a float value) that tell the game how long that particular movie is. Shortening that time will cause the game to end the scene and proceed. You'll need to time exactly how long the part you don't want is, and then shorten the scene length by that amount.

JohnP has been thanked by:
JohnP
Modder

Have thanks: 132 time

Postby Deager » 24 Jan 2014, 17:36

JohnP wrote:Simpler than you think. Should just be a matter of changing four bytes (a float value) that tell the game how long that particular movie is. Shortening that time will cause the game to end the scene and proceed. You'll need to time exactly how long the part you don't want is, and then shorten the scene length by that amount.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can figure this out at all.
Deager
Modder

Postby The Fob » 24 Jan 2014, 22:21

Have a look at the "End002_400Guardian.pcc". You will need to change the InterpLength" or "m_fSceneLength" parameter of the correct InterpData and SFXSceneGroup objects. Remember that if you have Leviathan, you need to mod the file in there, not the EC.
In the EC, the objects you need are 1402 and 1404 (no relevant InterpData object in this one).
In Leviathan, the objects are 272, 273, 1501, 1503 and 1505 (I am not sure if you actually need to mod the InterpData objects at all but just o be on the save side.

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Deager » 25 Jan 2014, 04:45

And here's where I show how incompetent I am at hex editing and I'm actually going to post this publicly.

I use PCC Editor 2.0 and open the End002_400Guardian.pcc file from Leviathan since I own Leviathan

I find 1505, data offset is 8622787

m_fSceneLength is 138.166

My thinking was to look for values 8a a6...little endian a6 8a.

In a hex editor I went to data offset 8622787 and tried to find those values. Couldn't find the values I needed.

Please, stop laughing at me everyone. Well ok, I guess it is pretty funny to those who know.

Anyone willing to give me a quick primer for one of them so I can do the rest; show me how many ways I'm not doing this right? I know I could be completely using the wrong tool or have it all messed up in a lot of ways.
Deager
Modder

Postby WarrantyVoider » 25 Jan 2014, 11:24

you can edit stuff directly in property preview, otherwise little endian is ok, but its a float, not an integer. also if you interpret the object and click on the property names in tree, you get shown its start in hex

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider has been thanked by:
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Postby Deager » 25 Jan 2014, 15:46

Thank you JohnP, The Fob, and WarrantyVoider.
JohnP for pointing out I needed to change 4 bytes (and then me learning that 4 bytes is 01 01 01 01, not 01 01)
The Fob for telling me what to change as I never would have figured it out. Side note; it appears I only had to change it for 1501, 1503, and 1505.
WarrantyVoider for confirming that I needed to find those values within the hex string visible through me3explorer

Now I know how to count in hex too.

OK, here's what I came up with. My guess is the extraneous music playing after the ship blows up and the next segment has to do with the sound playing until my HDD can finish loading the next scene. I may tinker more but I'm pretty happy with this result.

http://youtu.be/eM_kohpYbY0

For anyone who wants to tackle this, here's what I did. Since I own the Leviathan DLC, I edited the BioD_End002_400Guardian.pcc from that DLC.

using a hex editor, open up BioD_End002_400Guardian.pcc from the MEHEM v0.4 manual installation and use the Go To function

in hex, go to 838980 (or decimal 8620416)
replace 0A 43 with E1 42

again in hex, go to 838E60 (or decimal 8621664)
replace 0A 43 with E1 42

finally, in hex, to go 839359 (or decimal 8622937)
replace 0A 43 with E1 42

Import the modified pcc file into your game with me3explorer. I did have to run the TOC updater for the DLC to get my game to load the first time.

If you don't own the Leviathan DLC and want to give this a try let me know and I'll add those values as well.
Last edited by Deager on 25 Jan 2014, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Deager
Modder

Postby The Fob » 25 Jan 2014, 22:14

Glad you got it to work. Looks good (although it's a shame to cut Slippery Hammer's scenes IMO ;)). BTW, that's a human cruiser that blows up at 1:51 in your vid. The Turians blow up at 2:20. :)

Oh, also, if you wanted to change the music playing, that is possible. You could extract and edit that music and put it back in, if you wanted to give your new HEX skills another whirl. Check the ME3 Music thread in the general chat section.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Deager » 25 Jan 2014, 23:23

The Fob wrote:Glad you got it to work. Looks good (although it's a shame to cut Slippery Hammer's scenes IMO ;)). BTW, that's a human cruiser that blows up at 1:51 in your vid. The Turians blow up at 2:20. :)

Ah, good point on the cruiser. I just changed it to "ship" instead.

Yeah, it's not like I really want to cut stuff out. I think they almost cut out the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for pacing but decided against it. But, I like the pacing quite a bit with MEHEM edited like this.

Since I have OCD I already made a version which cuts right when the laser comes out of the Reaper and that gets the music timing pretty much perfect; at least for my load times.
7F 7E D8 42

Yeah, maybe it's time I start editing music and seeing what I can learn there. Personally, for non-MEHEM people, I think the suicide track would be a cooler song during the high EMS ending anyway.
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 26 Jan 2014, 19:00

I'll revisit the sound bit. I got a bit lost on steps 7 and 8 as I wasn't sure how to get that information exactly. I'm sure it's quite easy but I didn't get it. No big deal though. I'll sleep on it.

And success! how-to-change-the-music-in-mehem-t1012.html

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

PreviousNext

Return to General References and Tutorials