Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

More Aria Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: More Aria Mod

Postby giftfish » 08 May 2016, 00:15

SirCxyrtyx wrote:For Thane, I could try using his BioH file from ME2, though I highly doubt that would work.

Thanks for the more-complete explanation. All that makes sense, now. Seems like combat barks might not be too much of a problem, then. You could pull them from ME2, insert them into a new AFC, then edit the bank to point to them. Plenty of those for Thane and Mordin in ME2. I've already ripped all of Thane's and have an itemized inventory of every ME2 line due to my work on the romance scene, so let me know if you pursue it and I can send you WAVs and the spreadsheet of strings.

Having some type of file conversion tool to convert an ME2 file to ME3 format could be exceedingly handy and helpful for this and other projects. Not sure how feasible it is, though.

SirCxyrtyx wrote:I think the best bet would be doing something like I was going to try with Bray, and attempt to jury-rig one of the Drell MP classes to work as an SP hench.

Yeah, I was wondering about the drell MP files. That might definitely be an avenue worth pursuing. Bray (from Omega?) also sounds like Aria, and might be a very good fit for this type of project.

If you do want to attempt this with Thane, please go ahead and start a thread for it on the TM forums in the dev section. It would only be usable in very specific circumstances when it comes to TM lore, so depending on how much work it would take, it may or may not be feasible.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 08 May 2016, 05:55

Here's my draft of an e-mail from Aria to let the player know she's available in the Arena. Criticism/suggestions welcome.

Subject: Stress Relief

Fighting alongside you was the most exciting thing I've done in a long time. Let's do it again. The Armax Arena is more sanitary than I'd prefer, much like the rest of this station, but it's better than nothing. Meet me there.

Aria

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby AVPen » 08 May 2016, 06:22

Highly interested in seeing how this develops, though kinda less for having Aria in the Arena and more for my own selfish needs, lol. :roll:

One of my original starting goals for MEWAM was actually to introduce 3 new NPC characters - Kal'Reegar, Gillian Grayson, and Randall Ezno - as Armax Arena squadmates for Shepard, but at that time, it was freaking damn impossible to do anything like that in the Citadel DLC files, so I gave up trying to attempt it. That said, if it's now possible to introduce new Arena squadmates into the game, I'm all for learning how to do that, lol.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 08 May 2016, 07:43

Unfortunately the modding situation for BioD_CitSim_Console has not been improved by Kinkojiro's method of deleting the SeekFreeShaderCache, since it has static lighting. I've been repurposing objects to make it work. I can show you how to add squadmates to the Arena, but that's not going to be the difficult part for what you want to do. How were you planning on creating new squadmates?
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby giftfish » 08 May 2016, 13:06

Email sounds great, Sir. Very nice job on vocal tone for Aria :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby deadspear » 08 May 2016, 15:49

Wouldn't she say something more like "I wouldn't mind doing it again." instead of "Let's do it again." Let's do it again just doesn't seem like something she'd say. She more commanding when it comes to conversations after all. :D
Also its funny how shes helping Shep beat her own high score:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/3/36/AAA_highscores_before_shep's_play.png/revision/latest?cb=20130320132922
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 08 May 2016, 22:05

"Let's do it again" sounds more commanding to me. How about "We should do it again." ?
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby deadspear » 08 May 2016, 22:10

Yeah that sounds better, like she softening up to Shep.
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby FemShep » 09 May 2016, 01:39

What if you didn't do what she wanted on omega though?
Last edited by FemShep on 10 May 2016, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 09 May 2016, 04:04

It's a tough decision. On one hand, I think it would make sense if Aria only offered to join Shepard in the Arena if you'd done the Renegade path, and I would rather do it that way. But on the other hand, the audience for this mod will already be limited, what with it requiring both the Citadel and Omega DLCs. I am somewhat loath to limit it further.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development