Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

More Aria Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: More Aria Mod

Postby FemShep » 10 May 2016, 23:02

Would it be possible to write different emails on different conditions? If you didn't help aria she'd be more of an *** than... Well, the usual.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 May 2016, 00:53

Yeah, two different e-mails would be best. That's what the game does for the e-mail she sends you about the chess set. I'll try and draft up second version.

I've gotten more ambitious and decided to attempt to implement a little cutscene sort of like the one for Jack. Idea is that you get the e-mail where Aria tells you to meet her there. then when you go to the Arena after that there's an objective notification "Wait for Aria" leading you to the locker room benches. Then you can use the POI and Shepard will sit down and it fades to black. Cutscene occurs (Shepard sitting there waiting, Aria walks in, glances at Shepard and walks into elevator, Shepard stands up and follows). Then you do the fight in the arena with Aria, and when it's over and you're back in the lobby, one of those lower right-hand corner notifications pops up saying "Item Acquired: Ally License - Aria" and then you can select Aria as a hench in the Arena GUI. All of that is finished except for Shepard sitting down and the cutscene.

Kinkojiro says that animations can be imported just fine now, and my plan for the cutscene requires no dialogue, so I think it's do-able.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby giftfish » 11 May 2016, 02:07

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Kinkojiro says that animations can be imported just fine now, and my plan for the cutscene requires no dialogue, so I think it's do-able.

This is awesome both for what you're planning on doing, and my more selfish reasons for Thane, lol.

Can't wait to see how the scene turns out!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 May 2016, 05:08

Well, I can confirm that importing animations is possible, but it is a pain. I had to import 14 exports and 6 imports just to get Shepard to sit down.

Here's a little video of what I have so far, not including receiving the e-mail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9miFZEk1A

The bit where Aria is impersonating Jack is a placeholder of course. As is the card for Aria in the simulator GUI. That placeholder image was in the files, interestingly enough.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby CreeperLava » 11 May 2016, 05:31

This is awesome ! Are the animations entirely new or are they in the vanilla game too ?
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 May 2016, 05:49

In game. Only one I've done so far is the sitting down one, which I imported from BioD_Nor_100CabinConv_LOC_INT. Making new animations is far beyond my skill level. As long as you aren't trying to get super fancy there isn't any need to create new animations anyway. It's just a matter of identifying which Bioware stock animation will fit the current situation, then figuring out a place where it's used in game and importing it from there. That part usually isn't too hard, since we've all been staring at the same Bioware animations for more than a decade now.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby Kinkojiro » 11 May 2016, 06:25

Great stuff, SirC. Creeper he is correct the animations are all stock things - Like everything in the game it gets reused a million times.

How did you get around the DLC restrictions? Is that a stream of modified Jack?
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 11 May 2016, 06:56

Luckily for me, most of the files I've been working with have shadercaches that can be deleted. The notable exception is BioD_CitSim_Console, but that has several sequences that aren't used, giving me >100 objects available for re-purposing.

Biod_CitSim.pcc controls streaming for stuff in the Arena lobby, so I added new streaming states for the planned Aria cutscene, which stream in BioH_Aria_Exp3_NC (a renamed BioH_Aria_00_NC from the Omega DLC, basically just contains an Aria SFXStuntActor tagged hench_aria), BioD_CitSim_ConvAria.pcc, and BioD_CitSim_ConvAria_LOC_INT.pcc (those two are renamed and edited versions of BioD_Citsim_ConvJack and its LOC_INT, which just has the tiny Jack scene). So having Aria show up in that scene instead of Jack was just a matter of changing a couple names in BioD_CitSim_ConvAria:
Spoiler:

I changed the tag it looks for from global_jack to hench_aria, and the remote event stuff to interact with this bit of sequencing in BioH_Aria_Exp3_NC:
Spoiler:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Postby giftfish » 11 May 2016, 13:51

SirCxyrtyx wrote:Well, I can confirm that importing animations is possible, but it is a pain. I had to import 14 exports and 6 imports just to get Shepard to sit down.

Looks great :D

What you reference above is also something I've been wondering about for a while now, as far as a new toolset feature. I'll pop the suggestion up on Git, but run it past you quickly here, also. What would be really helpful for certain situations is the ability to clone/import a parent export and all its dependents. We'd have to be careful in implementing it, and I suspect just due to the variations in exports that we couldn't do it for everything -- at least not right away -- but *maybe* we could do it for specific things.

Animations, for example, would work well. Say the modder right clicks on the animation export in ME3Creator, and there's a "clone/import animation" option. That option then clones/imports that animation and all other associates imports/exports/names that are necessary for it to work. Other exports that would work well are interps, interpdatas, and interpgroups, as they also are highly-subject to modding.

Being able to in one click, what might otherwise take about 600, would be an invaluable time-saver.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby FemShep » 11 May 2016, 14:12

Is it possible to edit or add comments in the kismet editor, the blue text? I can only imagine that gets crazy confusing if not.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

PreviousNext

Return to Mods in Development