More Aria Mod

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

01 May 2016, 20:45 #1

Aria is basically my favorite. She is the Queen. So I'm going to attempt to insert more Aria into the game. I know what you're thinking, "Wow SirCxyrtyx, what a well thought out and meticulously planned mod idea you've got there!" I admit, it's a bit vague on details right now, but I do have the beginnings of a plan. I'm going to start by adding Aria as an available henchman in the Armax Arena. Here's what I've got so far:
[+] spoiler
As you can see, it needs some work. Her head is textured, but not her body (not sure why, I didn't mess with the texture references), and her flare power is causing the black texture bug. Additionally, I did this by changing Samara's streaming state to load Aria instead. Actually adding her as an additional henchman will be very complex.

FemShep
Modder

01 May 2016, 22:09 #2

She looks so sad.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page

Kinkojiro
Modder

01 May 2016, 22:54 #3

She does look sad.

The issue will be the master material and other core assets for both the flare and costume. Where a character model is used a lot during a mission bioware often keeps the master materials in the biop.

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

02 May 2016, 18:48 #4

The kismet sequences that make the Arena GUI function are unbelievably complicated. I'm having to add new features to the Sequence Editor just to try and make sense of them (This happens every time I make a mod, I don't know how the rest of you do it). Anyone have experience messing with PrefabSequences?

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

02 May 2016, 23:31 #5

Well, turns out that the PrefabSequences in the MainSequence, as well as all the objects in them, have archetype links to another copy of that sequence elsewhere in the pcc. And sometimes that copy has archetype links to yet another PrefabSequence, and so on. So the objects in the MainSequence version only look like they don't have any values. To find what any of these objects do, you have to open them up in the package editor and follow the archetype links to the object that actually has a value.

My current supposition is that the MainSequence PrefabSequences are the ones that actually get executed, and if I add new objects to them that don't have any archetype links, then that will work and it won't matter that their copies don't have them. Now to test that. Edit: I was right.

FemShep
Modder

03 May 2016, 00:09 #6

I never understood why they didn't just make new GUIs. The left side of the screen has plenty of unused space. They said their GUI team was stretched thin but I can imagine there was at least one guy. Writing it in kismet was fancy but it seems like such a waste of effort.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page

The Fob
Modder

03 May 2016, 03:20 #7

Wow, that does sound complicated. Can't say I ever came across that.

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

04 May 2016, 06:54 #8

Well, after much hassle, I've finally got Aria added to the Arena hench selection gui.
[+] spoiler
She'll only show up if the Omega DLC has been completed.

However, there's still the texture issue I talked about in my first post. I haven't the faintest clue what's wrong. BioH_Aria_CitSim.pcc (just a renamed BioH_Aria_00.pcc from the Omega DLC) has the armor material and the armor texture reference in it.

I also need to replace that placeholder image with one of Aria, and set up an e-mail from Aria telling Shepard she'd like to fight alongside them again, before I release this. Pretty sure I can figure the email thing out, no doubt there's a tutorial on that hidden somewhere on this forum. The new image may present a challenge though, as my image editing abilities have never been very good.

Kinkojiro
Modder

04 May 2016, 12:13 #9

I had brief look, I was wrong. Black boxes and missing textures are usually an import screw up but all the master material references are in that file including the binary code as well. Sorry about that. I can't see what could have caused it. Have you tried re-pointing the textures to your own dlc tfc?

SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

05 May 2016, 19:04 #10

Just tried that, no luck. If I remember correctly though, when it can't find the texture it's just black right? Does the placeholder image indicate it can't find the material?