Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

new emails; something obvious I'm missing

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Re: new emails; something obvious I'm missing

Postby Deager » 24 May 2016, 17:08

Thanks all. I'm still working on it but it's nice to have the newer tools. I told ya I'm just the audio guy. ;)

ninjaEDIT: And hmmmm, not sure. Tried 634, although the 4000 and 4010 were already existing conditionals in the Citadel DLC. Still nothing. I also changed the MailStatePlot values to something else, just for fun.

Am I correct that the MailStatePlot, per the old Inquiring tutorial, can be any unique number, except given what Kinkojiro and Femshep said, as long as it's not too large? Is there something else I need to add to a Startup file or cnd file despite not using new conditionals?

@giftfish
Yeah, I knew the tool in me3explorer for coalesced editing was no good but I didn't have the latest version from TankMaster to know how awesome that was in xml! And also correct; I never made a new email for CEM so I never knew about the type 3 thing. And also correct, I didn't know about TankMaster's tlk editor so right, any mod I've done has been old school. On the plus side, nothing has been as complicated for dialogue since CEM over a year ago.

ninjaEDIT2: Almost have it. It's a conflict with some other mod installed; probably. Working on it now. But I am getting the 2 emails to show up properly with a bunch of other DLC mods disabled.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby Deager » 24 May 2016, 17:43

@kinkojiro
It appears to be something between EGM and CEMF. I have no idea what it is though. I can't find us using the same MailStatePlots or MailTitles or MailBodies anywhere so I'm not sure what else would cause the issue.
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 24 May 2016, 20:10

OK, so more info. Sorry everyone.

Definitely my two emails are not working when EGM is active. However, my two emails work with conditional 634. I was trying to use SendConditionals are 4000, which is Traynor finishing Kapesh-Yakshi and wanting to visit your apartment and 4010, which is EDI wanting to visit the apartment and even with EGM not active, it doesn't work. Sure enough, if I leave make one of them 634 and the second one 4000, I get only the 634 one.

My hunch is that I don't understand some other facet of this process since I can't seem to get the conditionals from the Citadel DLC itself to fire off the emails let alone this odd thing with CEMF and EGM or some other combo perhaps.
Deager
Modder

Postby Kinkojiro » 25 May 2016, 03:34

Deager wrote:@kinkojiro
It appears to be something between EGM and CEMF. I have no idea what it is though. I can't find us using the same MailStatePlots or MailTitles or MailBodies anywhere so I'm not sure what else would cause the issue.

Yes I forgot you had EGM running. Because EGM mods every single normandy email to add the "name, title" it uses a type"1" null string. So if you want to add a mail then to test disable EGM. Tell me and I will add it to EGM but it will only fire with your mod installed (because EGM doesn't have your conditional).

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 May 2016, 17:22

Kinkojiro wrote:Because EGM mods every single normandy email to add the "name, title" it uses a type"1" null string.

So any normandy e-mail added by a mod with a lower mount priority than EGM will be erased? That's good to know.

My Aria mod has a higher mount priority than EGM, so its e-mail is fine, but the change to "name, title" could be a consistency issue. Is there a plot bool you set to true if EGM is installed? If so, I could send a different e-mail based on whether it is, one with just the subject for no EGM, and one with the "name, title" format if EGM is installed.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby FemShep » 25 May 2016, 19:43

What's your aria mount priority? Controller support sits at 5500 which should top most mods so a compatibility pack can be generated (which sits at 6000)

EGM is pretty much the master mod these days it seems.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 25 May 2016, 23:16

5560. Can't remember why I chose that. Hasn't been released of course, so it could be changed.
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 25 May 2016, 23:57

SirCxyrtyx wrote:
Kinkojiro wrote:Because EGM mods every single normandy email to add the "name, title" it uses a type"1" null string.

So any normandy e-mail added by a mod with a lower mount priority than EGM will be erased? That's good to know.

My Aria mod has a higher mount priority than EGM, so its e-mail is fine, but the change to "name, title" could be a consistency issue. Is there a plot bool you set to true if EGM is installed? If so, I could send a different e-mail based on whether it is, one with just the subject for no EGM, and one with the "name, title" format if EGM is installed.

FYI if EGM is installed and the player has reached the Normandy the following plots are set/unset on every reload.
29400 is EGM
29401 is Thanemod 3 (or 2 with patch)
29402 is MEHEM
29403 is Backoff
29404 is CEM (needs CEM patch)

For a sequence the alternative is to check conditional 5019 this is always true if EGM is installed. If you mount lower then adding the edits to the coalesced is not an issue.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby Deager » 27 May 2016, 01:28

OK, with Kinkojiro's help I got this done. Right now it's really simple stuff.

Ultimately what got me in trouble was copying the existing conditional in its entirety.
((plot.ints[11144] == i0) && (plot.bools[24877] == Bool true) && (plot.bools[23778] == Bool true) && (plot.bools[24582] == Bool true))

I guess the (plot.ints[11144] == i0) was "has the message been read yet" or something. Kinkojiro knew that 23778 and 24582 were confirming both parts of the Citadel DLC were installed, and it was easy to see that 24877 happens after Shep watches Traynor play Kapesh-Yakshi. By simply doing this.
((plot.bools[24877] == Bool true) && (plot.bools[23778] == Bool true) && (plot.bools[24582] == Bool true))
the email is firing and at the correct time.

One thing I don't get is why (plot.ints[11144] == i0) is used at all? I have a feeling I'll find out when something breaks in my testing. ;)
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 27 May 2016, 03:47

Deager wrote:One thing I don't get is why (plot.ints[11144] == i0) is used at all? I have a feeling I'll find out when something breaks in my testing. ;)

0 = message not sent
1 = message sent but not read
2 = message read by player

Checking that the mail integer is set to 0 ensures the email isn't sent multiple times. It's only sent if it hasn't already been sent :) A bit like checking if a plot bool is false and interpreting that as "this event hasn't happened yet".
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

PreviousNext

Return to Modders' Help