Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

New Origin User Interface and BIOWARE POINTS DISCOUNTS

General chat about Mass Effect or otherwise.

New Origin User Interface and BIOWARE POINTS DISCOUNTS

Postby deadspear » 15 Sep 2016, 11:37

So Origin updated their user interface lately and besides giving out all the Battlefield 4 DLC. It appears that they have finally (or gradually) letting people buy Bioware points directly from the store and not that arcahic system where you have to buy it from your library. Currectly it seems only 800 points are avaible to buy for 10 € (or your regional equivalent) which is the same as before, but now that its in the store itself you can add the promo code Origin50 and you'll get 50% off. So if you want to buy ME3 related DLC and the Upgrade to Digital Deluxe I've calculated that you'll spend about 2.50 € for the upgrade, Mass Effect 3 Final Hours 1.15 €, DLC: Genesis 2 320 BPoints + Citadel 1200 BPoints + Omega 1200 BPoint + Alt. Appearance 1 160 BPoints, Groundside Resistance Pack 160 BPoints, Leviathan 800 BPoints + Firefight Pack 160 BPoints, From Ashes 800 BPoints. 4800 BPoints. Devided by 800 we get 6, so you need to buy 6 packs for 800. Which would normally run you 60 €, but with the promo code, you get the price down to 30 €. While not THAT big of a discount, its the first we've gotten since the game launch, or ever in the histoy of BPoints. So if any one wants to get some specific DLC, nows a great time to buy it before EA backtracks on this and we go back to the 60 € cost.

deadspear has been thanked by:
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Re: New Origin User Interface and BIOWARE POINTS DISCOUNTS

Postby deadspear » 15 Sep 2016, 11:41

Also if you really wanna get From Ashes its better just to get the Digital Deluxe edition. You pay 2.50 € instead of the 5 € you'd spend on from Ashes alone (and you get more stuff with the Upgrade). So the total cost if we take away from Ashes goes down from 30 € to 27.50 €, depnding if you wanna have Final Hours the total comes down to 28.75 € to get everything ME 3 related from Origin Store (If you just have the base game)
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby Sil » 15 Sep 2016, 13:02

Typical, I bought ME3 about a month ago because I thought we'd never see those damn points change in price for the better. Grrr.
Sil
User

Have thanks: 13 time

Postby CreeperLava » 15 Sep 2016, 16:09

That's interesting, but clearly still not worth the cost, even at -50%. DLCs cost 3x the price of the game, it's ridiculous so many years after release... Thanks for the information, though !
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Return to Off Topic