Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

PCC file causing texture conflicts (BPP Mod)

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

PCC file causing texture conflicts (BPP Mod)

Postby Epsilon330 » 21 May 2015, 06:53

So I downloaded AVPen's Bonus Power Packs a while ago and only now have I realised it does weird things to the textures aboard the Normandy if installed.

If you have custom textures replacing the female version of the Alliance NPC uniform and Holomod_11_Tex, they will revert to their stock versions no matter what you do. Running the TPFs in again does nothing. I believe i've isolated the cause to be a shared PCC AVPen included in the BPP folders - BioD_Nor_Global001. The interesting thing about it is that it theoretically is not affected by either of the textures but appears to be the only one that has the capability of causing a conflict.

I have since been able to fix the Alliance Uniform by forcing it through with Texplorer but am reluctant to try the same with Holomod (as I do not want to deploy it on all PCCs). Since then Holomod has also begun acting erratically - showing up in Shepard's Cabin permanently but not for anywhere else on the Normandy. Occasionally it will appear upon reboot but will disappear again after loading. I can always try creating a custom tree and forcing it, but that will take time.

Deleting or moving the folders from the DLC folder fixes all issues.

Is it possible this PCC is overriding specific textures? What steps do I need to take to get all mods working? The folders are recognized by Texplorer and are present in the tree, so nothing's being left out.
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Re: PCC file causing texture conflicts (BPP Mod)

Postby Kinkojiro » 21 May 2015, 14:21

AVPen will know better than me but I think that file deals with all the npc actors (so random crew members that stand/walk around the Normandy) so it is possible that it is causing the issue.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Re: PCC file causing texture conflicts (BPP Mod)

Postby Epsilon330 » 21 May 2015, 14:47

Kinkojiro wrote:AVPen will know better than me but I think that file deals with all the npc actors (so random crew members that stand/walk around the Normandy) so it is possible that it is causing the issue.

Yeah, all the other files appear to be directly linked to powers, not ingame textures.

What I don't understand is why Holomod_Tex_11 is being so stubborn. I eventually fixed the alliance uniform by forcing it through with Texplorer but Holomod has just packed up everywhere except the clock in Shep's cabin. I can't force it through and I have no idea how to bug-test it. What's worse is that it appears to be sticking even after the folders have been removed.
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Return to Other People's Stuff