Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

POLL: Windows 10 Users & the Toolset

General news and announcements for ME3Explorer.

Choose the answer that best describes your experience with rev738+ of the toolset under Windows 10.

Win7 to Win10 upgrade. There are still major problems. (Explain in thread)
No votes
Win7 to Win10 upgrade. There are still minor problems. (Explain in thread)
No votes
Win7 to Win10 upgrade. There are no problems.
No votes
Win8/8.1 to Win10 upgrade. There are still major problems. (Explain in thread)
No votes
Win8/8.1 to Win10 upgrade. There are still minor problems. (Explain in thread)
No votes
Win8/8.1 to Win10 upgrade. There are no problems.
29%
I'm still using Win7.
71%
I'm still using Win8/8.1.
No votes
I'm still using WinXP/Vista (!).
No votes
I'm not using any of these OSes.
No votes

Total votes : 7

POLL: Windows 10 Users & the Toolset

Postby giftfish » 23 Aug 2015, 18:03

Just some FYI regarding Windows 10 and those who have updated or are thinking about updating.

Windows 10 contains some significant changes and we're getting reports of issues with toolset functionality. This is to be expected, but it also comes at a challenging time, since we've been getting ready to push a new stable release.

It's likely that updating the toolset for 100% compatibility with Win10 will be a process. If you are thinking about updating, or have already updated, please keep this in mind. Early adopters will almost surely have to troubleshoot new issues with both toolset and mod functionality. Information about these problems is appreciated and will help us fix them.

Thanks for your understanding!

--The ME3Explorer Team
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Windows 10 Users & the Toolset

Postby giftfish » 12 Mar 2016, 15:41

IMPORTANT!

In preparation for the stable, a poll has been added to this thread.

If you've experienced issues with Windows 10 and the toolset, please update your version to the most recent beta release on Git and re-test any issues. If those issues remain, report them here, or on this Issue thread on Git. If you have a GUI problem or are experiencing errors, please include screenshots.

We can't fix it if we don't know about it :) And, if nothing needs fixing, some confirmation before the new stable would be great :)

Thanks!
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Re: POLL: Windows 10 Users & the Toolset

Postby CreeperLava » 12 Mar 2016, 16:45

There were some problems with the DLC extraction window during tree building in rev717, but I don't know if this is still the case. Would be nice to have confirmation indeed :).
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Alvaro » 12 Mar 2016, 20:48

Hi:

Well... I´m sorry to say I find the pool confusing.

Q is: Choose the answer that best describes your experience with rev738+ of the toolset under Windows 10... but all w10 answers are related to an upgrading.

Are you refering to the windows upgrading by its own? Are you refering to those that have upgraded very recently and had the chance to test any rev738+ in previous windows version too?

Well, never mind. ;)

My answer here is:

I have no win7 experience with the toolset. :shock:

I upgraded from 8.1 x64 Pro to w10 x64 Pro shortly after rev717 release (nov-2015).

Since then, I did not had the chance to use the toolset until rev738 arrival (few weeks ago) and it worked in w10 flawlessly. At least, first time setup and intensive texture installation operations in both ME2 and ME3 games.

-typical end user usage, I think-

I found rev738 a gem! Very very nice!

Beign based in the already fine previous rev, I have just moved to rev741 and no problems so far. If that´s not a perfect stable canditate it´s damm close, I think! :D

HTH!
Alvaro
Alvaro
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby giftfish » 12 Mar 2016, 22:30

@Alvaro -- According to your explanation you should select the 6th option from the top. You went from Win8.1 to Win10 and have had no problems on rev738+.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 19 Mar 2016, 21:35

Well so far we have almost a half dozen Win7 folks, and a couple of others who have updated to Win10 without problems.

If we don't get any negative feedback in the next couple days, then we'll likely assume that the toolset is working fine with Win10 and close the related issue on GitHub.

Now's the time to let us know there's problems, if you're having any :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 22 Mar 2016, 21:57

Ok, we're locking the thread.

Due to the lack of response here and on Git, we're assuming that no problems exist for Win10 users and nothing needs to be addressed for the stable.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Announcements