Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

CR: Plot Variables

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

CR: Plot Variables

Postby WarrantyVoider » 23 Apr 2014, 00:29

here a list where they are used, and what type are possible

types:
bool = true/false
int = some number
float = some number with digits

are used in:
-UnrealScript
-Properties
-SaveGame
-Conditionals

im still looking for a way to understand the inner working, but I already found that the storyplotbools, that are used on your different character creation, are defined in BioP_Char.pcc (#1177)

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: CR: Plot Variables

Postby AVPen » 03 Jun 2014, 02:04

Has anyone determined yet what objects/data are responsible for flagging a bool as true/false or int as assorted # in pcc files? I would assume that there's some piece of data in the pcc based on whatever sequence is running that determines how and when the variable changes it's flag, but I don't know where that would be located in the file (am trying to determine some stuff for a few things in the Citadel DLC).
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby JohnP » 03 Jun 2014, 02:27

State transitions. Either via PMExecuteTransition objects in kismet sequences or the StateTransition entry in a conversation node.

The state transition map is in SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc for the main game and in the Startup pccs in DLC. However, there is not yet an editor for this object.

JohnP has been thanked by:
JohnP
Modder

Have thanks: 132 time

Postby AVPen » 03 Jun 2014, 03:02

JohnP wrote:State transitions. Either via PMExecuteTransition objects in kismet sequences or the StateTransition entry in a conversation node.

The state transition map is in SFXGameInfoSP_SF.pcc for the main game and in the Startup pccs in DLC. However, there is not yet an editor for this object.

Thanks for the info, unfortunate that there's no real way for editing/viewing the StateTransitionMap yet.
AVPen
Modder

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Jun 2014, 03:35

AVPen wrote:
JohnP wrote:State transitions. Either via PMExecuteTransition objects in kismet sequences or the StateTransition entry in a conversation node.

Thanks for the info, unfortunate that there's no real way for editing/viewing the StateTransitionMap yet.

Hopefully TankMaster keeps working on that, as I'm guessing a decent amount of folks would put it to good use.
giftfish

Postby TankMaster » 06 Jun 2014, 02:53

Yeah, it's still a work in progress, will keep the other topic updated once I get it to where I like it. It's close to being finished.
TankMaster
User

Have thanks: 64 time

Return to Technical Research