Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Finished] Modding of ME3 Credits

Semi-technical area to discuss content modding research and discoveries. Technical information necessary for coding tools should be posted in Technical Research on the Coders board.

[Finished] Modding of ME3 Credits

Postby giftfish » 24 Jun 2014, 03:24

So this proved really easy :D

I had asked Fob about it awhile ago on our forum and he pointed me to the TLK and a sequence object. Then, when I was hunting through the Coalesced.bin trying to solve out codex bug I came across the biocredits.ini section and took a good look at some of the parameters. After deciphering everything (theoretically, anyway), I figured since the credits song was always the same length and that any combination of vanilla and DLC credits would have to always fit in that amount of time (431s), the scroll rate of the credits must adjust automatically. This proved correct. All that the modder needs to do to add their own mod credits is edit Coalesced.bin and the BIOGame_INT.tlk.

Hopefully, things will "translate" properly when ThaneMOD is moved to the new DLC method of install. I"m a bit concerned about the Coalesced.bin. For example, Fob (or maybe WV...) has said that the DLC bins are formatted differently and Wenchy doesn't work with them. In addition, sections are always missing for DLC coalesceds. So, I'll let you know what happens.

FYI, the first 20-30s are vanilla footage, just for context. This also includes altered credits music that ThaneMOD installs (from ME1):

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: Modding of ME3 Credits

Postby WarrantyVoider » 24 Jun 2014, 10:26

@0:27... "EA Blaze Team", I guess these are the ppl that are mad on me currently^^ also thanks for adding my name, I would have clicked like, but its deactivated

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: Modding of ME3 Credits

Postby giftfish » 24 Jun 2014, 14:50

WarrantyVoider wrote:@0:27... "EA Blaze Team", I guess these are the ppl that are mad on me currently^^ also thanks for adding my name, I would have clicked like, but its deactivated

People are mad at you? >.>

Maybe re-activate the "like" feature? I actually wondered about that for a little while now. Sometimes I hit "thank" when it's more appropriate to "like" a post, lol.

giftfish

Return to Modders' Research