Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

FAQ Texplorer

FAQ content is now locked and available on the wiki

FAQ Texplorer

Postby KFreon » 22 Feb 2014, 15:24

Q: What does this tool do and what can I use it for?
A: Texplorer is guts of the texture modification section of ME3Explorer. It is used to view and modify textures permanently in game.

Q: How do I use it?
A: Read here and use some oldschool fiddling skills. (Note: Tute is mostly for treegen, but just right click on stuff and see what happens)

Q: So I start Texplorer and it does stuff. Now what?
A: Most users don't actually need to do anything with Texplorer past scanning. It's used more by devs and even then that use is diminishing.

Q: When it scans, I get an error about modified files. (I realise that isn't a question)
A: The list of files can be found in the DebugWindow (Black window, green text). Those are the files that need to be removed and replaced with vanilla files. Read here and/or use the VanillaMaker.

Q: During scan, I get an error about reading past end of stream.
A: If you ignore the modified files dialog and scan anyway, you will get no help with this. If you get no modified files warning and this still happens, let us know :D

Q: Search doesn't work/menus are messed up/etc
A: If something weird happened before this, then just restart the program and try again. If it happens again, let us know.
If nothing weird happened and you just clicked a button or something, then definitely let us know.

Q: I'm seeing thumbnail errors in the debuglog...is that bad?
A: I think so! But no, not really. If something is really bad, you'll know it. All it really means, is that particular image won't show up in the main Texplorer window as an image. Probably either nothing, or a placeholder icon.

Q: Help! I got an error not covered here!
A: Firstly, don't close anything! Don't bother running here for help screaming "Help it broke and I don't know why". We will ignore you. Bring useful information like copy and pastes of the DebugWindow and/or screenshots of the tool, and a description of what you were doing at the time. If you have some time/skills and want to be super helpful, read here.

Feel free to post suggestions to add :D

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: FAQ Texplorer

Postby WarrantyVoider » 02 Mar 2014, 23:00

Q: how are textures stores in ME3? (+ how in DLCs)
Spoiler:

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: FAQ Texplorer

Postby WarrantyVoider » 27 Sep 2014, 23:41

DONT POST IN FAQ SECTION!

posts will be deleted!

(I just deleted 2 here, thats why this post now explains it)

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Return to F.A.Q.s