Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Research: Modding BioD_Nor vanilla to DLC version

Semi-technical area to discuss content modding research and discoveries. Technical information necessary for coding tools should be posted in Technical Research on the Coders board.

Research: Modding BioD_Nor vanilla to DLC version

Postby Kinkojiro » 07 Oct 2014, 02:02

BioD_Nor is a very useful file as it contains a number of sequences that run at the end of a level, when emails are read etc. The main problem is that Leviathan contains a version that is sensitive to cloning and is a constant source of frustration. To get around this I am researching the differences and how to add back in any changes from the DLC to the vanilla file.

Export Objects - there are only 3 new ones added.
2 are a simple checkconditional and execute transition sequence that adds the Leviathan "see Dr Bryson" mission to the journal. Simple enough to add back in.

The 3rd is a "seekfreeshadercache" which is large and complex. There are going to be a lot of people with better knowledge of how the graphics work, but my understanding is it why the DLC graphics seem better. Virtually all DLC files have it.

Spoiler:
336 PMCheckConditional, 365 PMExecuteTransition, 1010 SeekFreeShaderCache

Imports - only 1 is added "ShaderCache"

Names - 174 names are added - of these 166 are pretty obviously to do with the shaders (things like "TLightVertexShaderFSpotLightPolicyFShadowTexture"). The remainder are as below.

Spoiler:
Leviathan name added #
Shader: 442-443, 446-456, 459-465, 468-478, 480, 484-485, 986-987, 1270-1335, 1339-1343, 1362-1367, 1374-1409, 1442-1446

Other:
1360 Textures_DLC_Exp_001
1238 stream_VidConHackettExp1
76 BioD_NorCabinExp001
92 BioD_Nor_201BridgeCon2
102 BioD_Nor_204bHackettExp1
125 BioD_Nor_310LiaraOfficeCon2
138 BioD_Nor_380MainBatteryCon2
145 BioD_Nor_415PortCargoConv2

Export Object contents The differences are minimal. The sequences are the same in form apart from the Journal addition. The main changes are to set up the pre-loading of ambient streams henchmen chat post Leviathan missions.

Spoiler:
135 the PCCEd2 properties say vanilla addresses BioD_Nor_415Eng and leviathan _370Medical. This looks like a interpretation error to me.
136 Apparently emails are also hard coded into the pcc. This adds the Leviathan email. Not really needed but can add.
464-501 (12 of) these biotriggerstreams are where the main changes happen. Basically it adds in the names (above) to trigger streams - to do with post leviathan mission chat from henchmen.

I have now tested a reverse engineered version with the above changes put back in, and it works fine. All the Leviathan conversations stream properly, the journal gets marked as the email is sent.

The only difference is the seekfreeshadercache. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay and BioD_Nor contains almost no graphics, so maybe superfluous. It seems to get added to all dlc pccs in all cases.

Spoiler:
The bulk of the shadercache is an array of graphics settings. Each has a name reference and then a very large float number. Some shadercaches only have this (e.g. dlc quest maps).

There then is a section of text - that makes reference to Microsoft HLSL Shader Compiler and a number of settings.

Finally there is what looks like an array - but it doesn't reflect objects or names - as far as I can see.
Last edited by Kinkojiro on 05 Nov 2014, 01:50, edited 2 times in total.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Re: Research: Modding BioD_Nor vanilla to DLC version

Postby The Fob » 07 Oct 2014, 04:13

That's cool. With any luck, you might even figure out what causes the cloning issue this way. Good luck!
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby Kinkojiro » 07 Oct 2014, 05:29

The Fob wrote:That's cool. With any luck, you might even figure out what causes the cloning issue this way. Good luck!

Hope but don't expect anything! The freeshadercache object is just random hex numbers to me. Will take somebody with better programming skills to explain that.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Postby Kinkojiro » 05 Nov 2014, 01:52

Above updated.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Return to Modders' Research