Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

how to install JohnP's Additional LI for MEHEM

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

how to install JohnP's Additional LI for MEHEM

Postby Deager » 07 Jan 2014, 15:00

Since I've seen a few questions about how to install this mod in other places I decided to see if I could help. These instructions seemed to be helpful for someone.

How to install JohnP's MEHEM Additional LI mod.
If you're intimidated by me3explorer, these instructions should help you. If you're still stuck, post your quesiton here. If a lot of people get stuck I can add pictures.

First, have MEHEM v0.4 installed

Also, have me3explorer which you can download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/me3explorer/

If this is your first time installing me3explorer, read this tutorial. me3explorer-first-time-setup-information-t668.html

Now, in the MEHEM Additional LI folder you extracted, there are two folders, Binaries and BIOGame. We'll start with Binaries.

In Binaries is a Win32 folder and then in there are 2 dll files. The Win32 is the clue. You want to copy the 2 dll files from that folder into your <origin game install location>\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32 folder. One of the files will ask to overwrite an existing file, do that.

As a side note, the dll files are a slick way WarrantyVoider was able to get edited DLC, in this case the Extended Cut, to work properly.

OK, now back to the BIOGame folder of the mod. This one has a bit more going on.

In BIOGame you have 2 folders, CookedPCConsole and DLC, and then a PCConsoleTOC.bin.

Like before, this folder structure is mirroring what you have for your game installation. It's actually safer to skip copying the PCConsoleTOC.bin file and instead running the TOCbinUpdater within me3explorer. I'll explain that bit later in the instructions.

Now go into the CookedPCConsole folder. Copy the 2 files in there and then go to <origin game install location >\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole, paste and overwrite when it asks.

OK, the final folder, DLC, is where you do have to use me3explorer and where you'll update the PCConsoleTOC.bin file. This means you'll not be replacing the PCConsoleTOC.bin file but instead running the updater which is covered later in the instructions.

Open up me3explorer

Click on Tools -> DLC Editor

Click the yellow folder icon in the upper left, just below tools.

Now, go to <origin game install location >\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_END\CookedPCConsole and open the Default.sfar file.

Expand out each folder until you see the folders CookedPCConsole and Movies and expand CookedPCConsole

OK, this is a lot of info but here's what you do. Back in the Mass Effect 3\MEHEM Additional LI\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_END\CookedPCConsole you'll see 5 files. Your job is to find each of those files in me3explorer, right click on them, Replace, and navigate to the location where the files are.

When you replace a file it will highlight it yellow. me3explorer also warns you if the wrong file is selected because it checks the file name to help you avoid mistakes.

Once you have all files ready to replace, in the upper left of the me3explorer window, just to the right of the yellow folder you clicked, is an icon that looks like a gray hard drive with a blue arrow pointing to it. Click that.

It will ask if you want to create a backup file. I don't because I already have my game files I edit backed up. If your internet connection is good you can always re-download if something goes wrong. Or, you can let it create a backup.

Now, you still need to run the TOC bin updaters.

Click on Developer Tools -> TOC -> DLC TOCbin updater.

Now click on File -> Check SFAR

Navigate to <origin game install location>\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_END\CookedPCConsole and open Default.sfar

Click Done.

The last bit is to update the main TOCbin file.

Click on Tools -> TOCbinUpdater

Click on File -> Check PCConsoleTOC.bin

Navigate to <origin game install location>\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame and double click PCConsoleTOC.bin . Apply any updates it asks to do. In this case, it should be 2.

That's it.

Anyway, it takes a bit but once it's done you should have it installed and ready to go.
Last edited by Deager on 08 Jan 2014, 00:31, edited 2 times in total.

Deager has been thanked by:
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: how to install JohnP's Additional LI for MEHEM

Postby Deager » 07 Jan 2014, 15:08

Whoops. I shouldn't have said "PM me here." I should have said to post your question in the forum here so others can learn as well.
And WV pointed out the obvious so I fixed the post above.
Last edited by Deager on 08 Jan 2014, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Deager
Modder

Postby almostfaceman » 07 Jan 2014, 18:10

You can't just replace the files (copy-paste over original files like in the original install instructions) and update the DLC and regular TOCbin using the updater tools (Tools/TOCBinUpdater & Developer Tools/TOC/DLC TOCBin Updater) from ME3 Explorer?

Don't take this as I don't appreciate the instructions, I'm just asking to make sure I installed this correctly already. Thanks.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

almostfaceman has been thanked by:
almostfaceman
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby Deager » 07 Jan 2014, 18:47

That would totally work. In fact, it's a little safer to do it that way because if people have other mods and stuff the updater will adjust for that properly. I debated how to write the instructions in the first place but maybe instead of copying over the bin files your suggestion would be the better option.

Deager
Modder

Postby almostfaceman » 07 Jan 2014, 18:59

Cool, I installed the mod but haven't had a chance to try out the LI's it affects, so that's good news. I just knew it didn't crash the game with a different LI. Thanks Deager.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
almostfaceman
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby abrar2322 » 12 Apr 2015, 12:06

"Mass Effect 3\MEHEM Additional LI\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_END\CookedPCConsole you'll see 5 files"

Can't find it
abrar2322
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Deager » 15 Apr 2015, 00:19

abrar2322 wrote:"Mass Effect 3\MEHEM Additional LI\BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_END\CookedPCConsole you'll see 5 files"

Can't find it

This would be from the Addtional LI mod you downloaded from....where is it, Nexus? Anyway. If you use MEHEM v0.5, it's already included in the installer. Basically, the instructions in this post are not needed anymore with the arrival of MEHEM v0.5.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mo ... 3D66&pUp=1

Deager
Modder

Return to General References and Tutorials