Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

MEHEMv0.2 and later Customization and modification

General references and tutorials not related to textures, meshes, or content modding.This board is locked and will be archived once transferred to the wiki. New content should be posted directly to the wiki.

Re: MEHEMv0.2 and later Customization and modification

Postby The Fob » 05 Feb 2014, 21:48

Small update for the customisation of MEHEM v0.4. As some of you may know, the secret ending has been discovered by now but no one actually saw it in game yet because it is really difficult to meet all the conditions for it.
So here are two ways to make it a little easier:

Method 1:
Use this edit to always get the new scene, no matter what you did. This edit effectively removes all conditional checks, I put in place to make this ending a secret:
1. Retrieve the MEHEM v0.4 version of the file BioD_End002_730MemorialGreen.pcc and open it in a HEX editor
3. Go to the byte at the offset 4EA44A (or 5153866 in decimal base) The byte right in front of your cursor should be a "F9".
4. Change the byte to "F8". Make sure you override the existing bytes and don't insert a new one. Once you are done, the "F9" should be replaced by "F8" and the next byte should be a "0C".
5. Save the file and close the HEX editor
6. Install and enjoy the mod

Method 2:
If you just want to to remove the EMS condition (the one that checks that you don't have more than 3100 MES), use this method:
1. Retrieve the MEHEM v0.4 version of the file BioD_End002_730MemorialGreen.pcc and open it in a HEX editor
3. Go to the byte at the offset 1C57281 (or 29717121 in decimal base) The two bytes right in front of your cursor should be a "45 19".
4. Change the bytes to "F8 0C". Make sure you override the existing bytes and don't insert a new one. Once you are done, the "45 19" should be replaced by "F8 0C" and the next byte should be a "00".
6. Install and enjoy the mod

Note: I am not sure this also works with johnp's LI additions, since these modifications may have changed the BioD_End002_730MemorialGreen.pcc, so that the offsets are different. I doubt it though. If you see the correct original bytes at the offsets, just give it a go and I think it'll work. Back up your files!!! :)
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Re: MEHEM v0.2: Customization and modification

Postby Epsilon330 » 13 May 2015, 19:59

The Fob wrote:Thanks Eudaimonium. It's not like I don't have an agenda here though. These are questions that are going to come up sooner or later anyway. This way, I can just respond with a link.
To quote another science fiction icon: "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."
:)

Ok, on to the next one, today's episode: How to skip the stargazer scene:
1. If you use v0.5, go to <Your ME3 install folder>\BioGame\DLC\DLC_CON_MEHEM\CooledPCConsole\. If you have an earlier version, you need to modify the equivalent file from step 2 in DLC_CON_END
2. Open the file "BioD_End002_730MemorialGreen.pcc" in a HEX editor
3. Go to the byte at the offset CF51B5 (or 13586869 in decimal base) The byte right in front of your cursor should be a "A5".
4. Change the byte to "A6". Make sure you override the existing byte and don't insert a new one. Once you are done, the "A5" should be replaced by "A6" and the next byte should be a "1A".
6. If you have v0.5, you are done. If you have an earlier version, you now need to install the changed file into the mod

Note: This procedure is exactly the same in v0.3 and v0.4. I will only attach notes to future posts if there are differences in the procedure between versions. Otherwise, just go with the instructions for whatever version you have (keeping in mind my additions to the OP of course).

Terribly sorry to necro this thread but I didn't know where else to put this.

This didn't work. For whatever reason the game just carried on as normal. I checked with HxD and the byte indeed was changed to A6. This is on MEHEM v0.5.
Does the skip only work if you sit through the credits? I skipped the credits with ESC, so maybe that's it. The memorial scene clothes swap worked, so i'm not sure what went wrong.
Epsilon330
User

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby The Fob » 13 May 2015, 20:52

Let me check if something changed in the files. I think the last time I actually tested this, it was still v0.4, so it's very possible that the offset has changed (got lazy and just updated the extraction thing here :oops: ). I'll get back to you when I am home and can take a look. Thanks for pointing it out.
The Fob
Modder

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 09:01

The Fob wrote:Let me check if something changed in the files. I think the last time I actually tested this, it was still v0.4, so it's very possible that the offset has changed (got lazy and just updated the extraction thing here :oops: ). I'll get back to you when I am home and can take a look. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't suppose there has been any update on this matter?

I've tried searching myself and using trial and error but I keep breaking things. Better someone who knows what they're doing takes a look.
Epsilon330
User

Postby The Fob » 25 May 2015, 14:01

Oh, sorry Epsilon330, guess it slipped my mind. I edited the post on page one with a solution for v0.5. Check it out. I didn't have the opportunity to test this yet, so let me know if it doesn't work. Cheers!

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 14:10

The Fob wrote:Oh, sorry Epsilon330, guess it slipped my mind. I edited the post on page one with a solution for v0.5. Check it out. I didn't have the opportunity to test this yet, so let me know if it doesn't work. Cheers!

Thanks. I'll test it out and report back.
Epsilon330
User

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 16:23

Something's gone wrong.

No matter what I do the game freezes at Citadel: The Return. Not at a loading screen, but at the bridge just before reaching Anderson. I've tried everything but it doesn't work.

It isn't to do with the hex editing. For some reason all of my backups are crashing too. To make matters worse SVN Rev700 (which is proving day by day to be an unstable piece of junk) froze while trying to update my main TOC.bin file and corrupted it. I can't test this for a while, sorry.
Epsilon330
User

Postby Epsilon330 » 25 May 2015, 22:26

Installing from fresh fixed the bug. It wasn't any of my folder-based DLCs, so MEHEM's innocent. Must've been a bad texture install. I did have to get a bit ruthless due to BPP screwing around with texture mods.

I've put the new Hex mods in and will test and report tomorrow.
Epsilon330
User

Postby Epsilon330 » 26 May 2015, 06:24

Doesn't seem like it works.

Do I have to modify the old hex value in addition to the new one?
Epsilon330
User

Previous

Return to General References and Tutorials