Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ME3Explorer Version (in code)

Coder-centric area for programming advice and questions.

ME3Explorer Version (in code)

Postby FemShep » 25 Jul 2015, 16:40

Does ME3Explorer internally (e.g. without the forum, SVN) know what version it is on it's own? Or is it only human-side. I know its "109K" but it's been that for years. I am looking for a way to identify if a copy of ME3Explorer is at a certain revision or greater. I could build in a hack to check (e.g. command line options version 2, to specify it supports v2 command line args), but I'd rather have it something others can use instead of just me, so we can get the rX version number. In this instance the next build will be 712.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Re: ME3Explorer Version (in code)

Postby CreeperLava » 25 Jul 2015, 17:12

I can't check right now, but the rev number is somewhere in the bottom right of any module you open : something.711 iirc.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby FemShep » 25 Jul 2015, 20:10

CreeperLava wrote:I can't check right now, but the rev number is somewhere in the bottom right of any module you open : something.711 iirc.

Is that in project or code? If I compile and distribute it can I access that via a command line arguments?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby KFreon » 25 Jul 2015, 22:34

It's in code somewhere. TPFTools and Texplorer display the current version at the bottom right, and it's printed to the Debug Window for every tool.
I don't know how you'd get that by the cmd line, but I don't know much about doing things that way.

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby Heff » 26 Jul 2015, 08:07

From what I can see the version is stored in the standard microsoft AssemblyVersion format in the project, so from an external C# project you should be able to get the version string with:
Code: Select all
AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName("Path/to/ME3Explorer.exe").Version.ToString();

or in any other language you'd need to use the available filesystem libs to pull "Product Version" from the executable.

(The string seems to be on the format Major.minor.revision.build, but only revision gets autoupdated?)

Heff has been thanked by:
Heff
Coder

Have thanks: 61 time

Postby WarrantyVoider » 26 Jul 2015, 09:43

snipped from my DAI code, just make the version f.e. 1.0.* in project properties
private void MainForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Version v = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Version;
this.Text = "DAI Tools WV - build : " + v.ToString();
}

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider has been thanked by:
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Return to Coders' Help