Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Possible change of download/revision hosting

General news and announcements for ME3Explorer.

Re: Possible change of download/revision hosting

Postby KFreon » 28 Jul 2015, 20:26

I guess it's just KFreon.
I'll definitely have to brush up on my git. Last thing we need is for someone (me) to break the new source control.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby FemShep » 28 Jul 2015, 21:04

As long as you follow the fork model, the only one you will be able to really mess up is your fork. That's the beauty of it =)

I made another repo under ME3Explorer organization called ME3Explorer Downloader. It is a stub .exe file that downloads the latest rev version of ME3Explorer without the source files. It can also be used to update current ones. With this tool (linked to my server where I host the .zip) we can get stats on how many times updates are checked for. So far it can download and extract ME3Explorer but I need a bit more work before it's done. That way there is one master download, and then with server-side changes we can update it without having users have things break. If others (such as heff) have hosting we can also point it there, perhaps for mirror or load balancing. I don't think github appreciates using them as a file host for automated downloads (without source).

For building from source you will still use git.

Edit: Can someone download the source from git, compile it, and upload it? Where I am at I can't compile it. My downloader is about ready to go on an alpha run but I kind of want to build in an auto-downloader-update feature so it updates itself when you run it.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 29 Jul 2015, 01:39

Has anyone checked with WV in regards to all this? I know he's not very active anymore, but he is still around. Would be nice to know he's cool with the move to GitHub.
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 29 Jul 2015, 04:26

Read the thread yo. He greenlighted it already with Heff.

@giftfish: You're doing a lot of work on Wikia and seem to know the toolset in terms of front end, you want to write the Readme.md file that displays when people visit the github page? It's written in Markdown.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby giftfish » 29 Jul 2015, 14:32

FemShep wrote:Read the thread yo. He greenlighted it already with Heff.

@giftfish: You're doing a lot of work on Wikia and seem to know the toolset in terms of front end, you want to write the Readme.md file that displays when people visit the github page? It's written in Markdown.

I've read the entire thread, and also just did a search on each page for "wv" and "war" to make sure I didn't miss something. His name isn't mentioned in any post, nor has he posted. So... someone has talked to him about this?
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 29 Jul 2015, 15:48

ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Postby giftfish » 29 Jul 2015, 15:52

FemShep wrote:http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/post18088.html#p18088

Ah ha, not in this thread, lol. That would explain it :]

Thanks for the link.
giftfish

Postby FemShep » 29 Jul 2015, 15:59

Well the thread was linked to in this thread
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Previous

Return to Announcements