Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

eyelashes for MEUITM for texplorer

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

eyelashes for MEUITM for texplorer

Postby Deager » 26 Aug 2015, 02:23

OK, I might have the solution for eyelashes for texplorer using rev718 with MEUITM but I want to double check things with those who may know for sure.

I never could get a tpf to work with TPF/DDS tools because at the exact same hash, or whatever it's called, there are some files which want a 10 mip image and some which want a 1 mip image. The way I got around this was to change the 1 mip image, hmf_hed_prolash_opac_m01 (average), within texplorer and do a replace with a 512 X 512 image which had 1 mip at offset 24. Then, the only way I could get hmf_hed_prolash_opac_m02 (custom) to get replaced with a 10 mip image was by Add Bugger Image and replaced the 256 X 256 with the 10 mip one which really is 512 X 512. Note: I may have my "mips" reversed so I'll have to confirm that before I write instructions.

It seems to work, at least everything looks fine on my initial tests. But, am I going to run into problems later or is there some other method I should be using? If this works, I'd like to release it to the public since ELE08 was fine with the original release and I would like to offer a texplorer version instead of just texmod.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: eyelashes for MEUITM for texplorer

Postby KFreon » 26 Aug 2015, 07:00

So the problem was that TPFTools lumped 2 textures together that were different cos they had the same hash? That's troubling...
That aside though, your method sounds alright.
If your skimping on mips though, I dunno what'll happen. The game'll just show blackness, but the toolset might freak out a little (when reading or converting or something that probably isn't possible...)

KFreon has been thanked by:
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Re: eyelashes for MEUITM for texplorer

Postby Deager » 26 Aug 2015, 12:11

It's pretty weird but maybe I'll put the vanilla game back in for ME1,scan,and see how it responds. Also good to know what I did should work. Thanks.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Return to Other People's Stuff