Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Tutorial | NEW PCC-stored textures in NEW PCCs

Made by modders for modders. Step-by-step instructions on how to achieve specific modding goals with ME3Explorer. We *strongly* encourage you to post new tutorials on the wiki.

Re: Tutorial | NEW PCC-stored textures in NEW PCCs

Postby Deager » 03 Sep 2015, 21:15

FemShep wrote:Is there a tutorial on how to create a new PCConsoleTOC.bin for a new DLC? I don't see any on the forums... but your guide mentions that you'll need one (obviously).

Not sure if there is one but the way I do it is in me3explorer to go to User Tools -> TOC Tools -> AutoTOC. Then I navigate to the root of DLC_EXP/CON_yournamehere where you see the CookedPCConsole folder and create it there.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Sep 2015, 21:51

FemShep wrote:Is there a tutorial on how to create a new PCConsoleTOC.bin for a new DLC? I don't see any on the forums... but your guide mentions that you'll need one (obviously).

Good guide BTW, we need more like this, nice and thorough.

Also your name is showing in some of the pictures. Don't know if you care enough to change that.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Usually I blur it out, but... ah well. Not a huge deal.

Also, what Deager said regarding TOC. DLC mod TOCs are created with AutoTOC, which is the same way all BW DLC are TOC'd once Texplorer extracts them during scanning.

Edit for clarity: AutoTOC is mentioned in step 3. Explicit directions can be found on the wiki, of course. I don't mention it in part 2 of the tutorial, but probably should have between steps 3 and 4 to be safe (similar to part 1). It's likely not necessary, but I like doing it anyway, just to ensure there's no problems.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby FemShep » 03 Sep 2015, 22:56

Oh so it creates one for you?
I thought it only updated existing ones. That's kinda neat (a little undocumented though).
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby giftfish » 03 Sep 2015, 23:37

FemShep wrote:Oh so it creates one for you?
I thought it only updated existing ones. That's kinda neat (a little undocumented though).

Regular TOC (and SFAR TOC) updates existing. AutoTOC (short for "Automatic TOC Generator") generates new TOCs, which allows for the addition of new PCCs into the TOC.

And yeah, like pretty much every tool, there's not an abundance of forum documentation -- but the wiki article does explain it:

AutoTOC, or Automatic TOC Generator, is the newest TOC tool for ME3Explorer. It not only updates file sizes, but also adds new file names. That means it's the tool to use if you need to create a brand new TOC file (like for a DLC Mod). It can also be used to "update" an existing TOC, which actually results in overwriting that file. Finally, if you just want a clean PCConsoleTOC.bin that you know contains only the files currently present and not any old ones you've since removed, AutoTOC is the way to go.

The tool is new in relation to most of the toolset, but has been around since last summer -- so most modders and DLC/texture mod users around here are pretty used to it at this point.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby FemShep » 04 Sep 2015, 00:45

I just assumed it auto updated TOCs as the name implies. I even read the wiki page and apparently missed it.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Previous

Return to Modders' Tutorials