Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Changing a mesh and updating TOC = crash?

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Changing a mesh and updating TOC = crash?

Postby AnaTheTurian » 09 Sep 2015, 16:06

Hi all!

So i decided to give ME3 Explorer a go since editing the coalesced file was getting me nowhere but crashes (I've since reinstalled the game but kept my old saves) Before we begin i just wanna say the goal i wanna achieve here is to change one of the full body armors to look like something else, in this case im trying to change the cerberus armor to look like Admiral Koris. Both the armor mesh and Koris share the same amount of bones and such (Im told this is best and prevents a few issues).

So, i setup ME3 Explorer, i loaded BioD_Nor_204Koris and extracted the QRN_FAC_ARM_MEDa_MDL entry as a PSK and saved it on the desktop. I then loaded BIOG_HMM_ARM_SHP_R into MeshExplorer and selected the HMM_ARM_FBDc_MDL entry and replaced it with the Koris one i just saved.

I got a little "DONE" dialog and then i ran the TOCBinUpdater, everything seemed to go well there. the BIOG_ARM_SHP_R PCC file is now about 10MB or so compared to the 6MB it was a moment ago and checking the TOC file it reflects that new size. I then ran the game, loaded up my last fully completed save file so i knew i'd be on the Normandy, headed to the captains cabin and opened the locker. When i try changing to the cerberus armor the game either freezes, or i get an infinite loading icon in the corner. If the game freezes it seems to take my whole computer with it so i started running the game in a window. On the occasions where its an infinite loading icon a new file appears in the CookedPCConsole folder, and its called BIOG_ARM_SHP_R.DECOMPRESSING

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Any information is appreciated :)
AnaTheTurian
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Changing a mesh and updating TOC = crash?

Postby WarrantyVoider » 09 Sep 2015, 16:43

please read the FAQ, then dont use PSK alone, import with UDK (Unreal Development Kit) over UPK(Unreal Package) and for that you find a vid tutorial in tutorials section...

greetz WV
always backup your files!
mess with the best or die like the rest!
"I tried everything!" - "mkay, please list that..." ; please dont pm me for help, we have a help section

WarrantyVoider has been thanked by:
WarrantyVoider
Emeritus

Have thanks: 626 time

Re: Changing a mesh and updating TOC = crash?

Postby AnaTheTurian » 09 Sep 2015, 19:46

--Previous post deleted to make way for PROGRESS! :D--

I got this to work a bit more, mostly. And so far just with casual clothing. I had to trash the Koris mesh i was using, A video on why is comming later. The replacement i used was the Quarian Infiltrator/Engineer mesh and that + a custom texture mod has = partial success! Now to start on the armor sections and if that works, yay!

Offtopic: Anyone know how i could get a Geth trooper to work? Alas they have less bones than the Quarian or HMM/HMF meshes so ME3 Explorer of course yells at me when i try. Unreal Model Viewer says the geth have 65 bones...thus missing 45 :(

http://imgur.com/pMtxjWi

http://imgur.com/vbzsRVR

Edit: More progress! Managed to change the Reckoning armor however got a nasty blue glow. Investigating...

http://imgur.com/Rzeg9Y0

http://imgur.com/uWYNQvf
AnaTheTurian
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion