Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

ThaneMOD TOC.bin update error

We don't provide mod support; that's the mod author's job. Contact them with questions, first. If they are no longer supporting the mod, you may ask here, but there's no guarantee of an answer.

ThaneMOD TOC.bin update error

Postby Skiggy » 28 Oct 2015, 03:28

When I try to update the DLCTOC like it says to do in the ThaneMod manual using the SFAR TOC updater I get this error 10:23:12 PM: File opened
Searching TOCbin...
10:23:12 PM: Couldnt Find PCConsoleTOC.bin
10:23:12 PM: Done.
10:25:03 PM: -----Execution of Texplorer closing...-----

It says to use DLC TOCbin Updater in the manual but that seems to be gone in this newer version of ME3 Explorer.
Skiggy
User

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: ThaneMOD TOC.bin update error

Postby FemShep » 28 Oct 2015, 06:02

I think you use autotoc nowadays. Isn't thanemod a custom DLC?
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby CreeperLava » 28 Oct 2015, 07:03

DLC TOCBin Updater was renamed to DLC TOC iirc. Did you select the PCConsoleTOC.bin located in your ThaneMod DLC folder ? Otherwise, do as Femshep says and use AutoTOC.
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby Skiggy » 29 Oct 2015, 00:06

How do I use AutoTOC with ThaneMod? - and yes I did select the PCConsole.bin in the thanemod folder but its telling me I need to run a toc.bin update for the citadel DLC. something about checking its SFAR
Skiggy
User

Postby Skiggy » 29 Oct 2015, 00:11

Uh nevermind actually. I just tried to use SFAR TOC Updater - the same thing I did yesterday - and it worked this time. Weird.
Skiggy
User

Postby giftfish » 30 Oct 2015, 16:39

The OP wasn't very clear on what he was TOCing.

ThaneMOD v2.0 DLC should always be autotoc'd, as per the install guide. ThaneMOD v1.0 is not a DLC mod, and is deprecated. It and TMv2.0 will be taken down once TMv3.0 is released.

This next part is important. *The TMv2.0 guide was written last summer* to correspond to v653 of the toolset, which is still the current stable. In this version, Texplorer is not *fully* extracting DLC and TOCing still had to be done to the Citadel DLC SFAR (if texture modded), since the TOC.bin file was inside the SFAR.

Whether or not any player uses AutoTOC or SFAR TOC on BW DLC is entirely dependent on *if* they run a Texplorer scan, and which version of the toolset they are using.
giftfish

Return to Other People's Stuff