Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Swapping existing music tracks

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Swapping existing music tracks

Postby FemShep » 05 Nov 2015, 04:11

I have been doing a flyover series and I noticed in SP there is the song they used for the MP1 trailer (that I thought was not actually used in the game). It is a more intense version of one of the objectives music in MP (which is pretty pumping anyways). I was wondering how you can repoint one track for another - both songs are used in the game so I know they have all the correct looping and stuff. I didn't seem to find any tutorial on this.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Re: Swapping existing music tracks

Postby The Fob » 05 Nov 2015, 04:37

So yea, as everyone knows, I am too lazy to make proper tutorials, even if I say I will, so sorry 'bout that. But the good news is you can read my research post about music. There should be all the info you need to re-point a track.
Find it here.

Ideally, you'd only need to change the MusicID number. If the track is not loaded for the level, you'd have to add the file where it is stored to the streamingstate that is active at the time (in that case, it might be easier, to export and re-import the actual afc RIFF but it depends on what exactly is going on in the files).

All that said, I never tried to re-point music myself and all my research was done within the ending DLC. I would assume that it works the same way throughout the game but with BioWare, who knows. ;)

Good luck!
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Return to Modders' Help