Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

srActorNameOverride

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

srActorNameOverride

Postby Deager » 10 Nov 2015, 01:35

So the end of this post is massively helpful for what I'm doing
http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/post14288.html#p14288

But, I can't find an SFXInterpTrackPlayOnlyVO object for the end03_catalyst conversation that has all the strings. It just has a few from the pre-DLC end002. EDIT: Incorrect, it's actually crucible stuff, I can't find any file with end3_catalyst stuff. /EDIT. I actually only need two, possibly one. I've tried linking the strings to the text strings I'm using and using the srActorNameOverride that way but no dice. I've gone so far as to change the sText object to an srActorNameOverride object for the actual line in the INT file but not surprisingly that didn't work since the game engine isn't really checking that object that I changed for that purpose.

I could be missing something really simple. It's a little annoying to see full strings for Hackett and Liara in the bunker but not full strings for the catalyst conversation and I can't seem to re-purpose the few lines from within the 400.pcc file to suit my needs. EDIT: Also, if I could take Liara's stuff from the SEQ_Refused_Catalyst package name and into whatever I need for end03_catalyst or whatever it may be called, maybe that would work. But I'm not sure how to change the package path. This could maybe work with the end002 ones as well./EDIT

As usual, I'll keep playing around with it and may solve it myself but if someone has a nice, virtual smack to give my head for this one, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Deager
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: srActorNameOverride

Postby Deager » 10 Nov 2015, 06:44

Well, I've done all sorts of crazy things from changing stuff in the 500.pcc to try to deal with the two lines I changed (objects 6033 and 6034) and I even removed Stage Directions, created a Speaker List in the 400INT.pcc for the end3_catalyst conversation, made the speaker hench_edi and changed those values for the two lines from -1 to 0 for the speaker...still didn't work, tried changing the name Child to EDI in the names list in 400INT.pcc....basically I've been going non-stop since my last post with anything I could think of. Now, when i sleep on it, maybe I'll come up with something but if anyone knows the one thing I just thought of in the next sentence, please let me know.

When there's an Owner for a conversation, which seems to be the non-Shepard speaker, what determines the name used in the subtitle based on the Owner? In other words, is there a value hiding somewhere to tell the Owner to be EDI instead of Child?

If all else fails, I can go the really cheap route and simply hide the subtitles or just leave them saying Child (I'd opt for hiding actually.)

Thanks again for reading my crazy post. I thought this would be easy to do but this particular issue is the reason why this LIME thing is not available yet. ;)
Deager
Modder

Postby giftfish » 10 Nov 2015, 14:30

Um, I might have missed this somewhere, but what *exactly* are you trying to do?
giftfish

Postby Deager » 10 Nov 2015, 16:08

giftfish wrote:Um, I might have missed this somewhere, but what *exactly* are you trying to do?

I doubt you missed it, as I was not saying exactly what the scene was.

So, spoiler alert for the LIME thing I'm working on people.

Instead of the speaker subtitle "Child" during the Catalyst conversation, I need it to say "EDI" for the speaker. But, there are no SFXInterpTrackPlayOnlyVO objects for that conversation in the base 400.pcc file which means I can't use the srActorNameOverride trick.

All that other crazy writing above was basically every attempt I tried to work around that issue. I have a spreadsheet at home with about 13 different attempts to work around it but none of them worked.

EDIT:I also have another work-around if I want. Maybe. I might be able to instead add the "Child" as a Speaker in the one other scene he speaks in the game, during the prologue. There are actually two strings in the base game tlk for "Child" so I might be able to cheat and approach it that way and then take the "Child" which is used in the main game and rename that tlk string to "EDI." The only problem I see is I failed once trying to create a Speaker List from scratch but in this case, I'm actually adding a name to an existing Speaker List so maybe the game will be happier with that. Actually, if I'm lucky and the base pcc file for that kind in the vent conversation has the srActorNameOverride stuff available, I can do that. Then I'll have to do something else with Shorter Dreams as its mount is so low...the fun of modding many mods.
Deager
Modder

Postby Deager » 12 Nov 2015, 06:08

Answer found here. Yeah, the fun of modding ME3. You'd think a subtitle speaker wouldn't be a big deal, and ultimately it wasn't, once I was told where to go.
post20916.html#p20916
Deager
Modder

Return to Modders' Help