Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Dialogue editing adding friendly option

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Dialogue editing adding friendly option

Postby nephthysmoon » 21 Nov 2015, 23:18

So - here's an odd question, and I'm fairly certain I know what the answer is, but I have to ask, anyway. In the PCC I'm using (BioD_CitHub_WardsFluxP3_LOC_INT), the names list does not have a 'friendly' option. Since there is no reference for a 'friendly' option in the PCC, I cannot make an option 'friendly' this way. My guess is there is, then, no way to accomplish that. Am I correct?
nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Re: TUTORIAL: Dialogue Editing

Postby giftfish » 21 Nov 2015, 23:41

nephthysmoon wrote:So - here's an odd question, and I'm fairly certain I know what the answer is, but I have to ask, anyway. In the PCC I'm using (BioD_CitHub_WardsFluxP3_LOC_INT), the names list does not have a 'friendly' option. Since there is no reference for a 'friendly' option in the PCC, I cannot make an option 'friendly' this way. My guess is there is, then, no way to accomplish that. Am I correct?

Nope -- you just have to add the new name for it. The game is hardcoded to know what to do with it. (Guessing this is set up in SFXGame.pcc).

So, just Edit > Add Name. In the box that pops up, type: REPLY_CATEGORY_FRIENDLY. Then Save/Ok. Depending on the version of the toolset you use the Name List will not auto-refresh, so click on the import or export tab to force it. Then, click back on the Name List tab and scroll to the bottom. Your new name should be there. Note/write down the number.

Back in the dialogue editor go to the Entry reply list that you're trying to edit. Use that new number as you edit :]

giftfish has been thanked by:
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: TUTORIAL: Dialogue Editing

Postby nephthysmoon » 22 Nov 2015, 01:49

You're amazing. Have I told you that lately? THANK YOU!
nephthysmoon
Modder

Have thanks: 5 time

Return to Modders' Help