Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

CustomActionClasses Indexes (and their meanings)

Technical research related to the structure of Mass Effect game files.

CustomActionClasses Indexes (and their meanings)

Postby FemShep » 23 Nov 2015, 15:28

Pawns have a list of things called customactionclasses. These custom action classes point to a custom action like mounting a gun or holstering a weapon. If a pawn does not have a custom action class for it, it won't be able to do that action (and if it does, it still needs to be called). Typically an action will lookup a specific custom action index to see if it is listed. If it is not listed then it's not supported by that pawn.

CustomActionClasses seems to be a list of imports and exports with an integer ID in each index. A value of 0 means null/none/not supported. I have been building a google sheet describing what each index means. I am am also working with interpreter to improve it's ability to see exports and imports which should be a huge time saver.

Here's Banshee's custom action classes. Without doing tons of work this is really hard to decipher:

Negative values are imports (use imports tab and remove negative). Positive values are exports. The ones listed in interpreter are 1-indexed while what they point to are 0 indexed so if you are looking up what a value means then you need to decrease the number you have in interpreter by 1.

I am not sure of what happens if you add a custom action class that points to the wrong thing. e.g. if you get husk synced it maybe could auto trigger a heavy melee. That's likely supportedsyncactions though.

If you know of more add a comment on this document.

Google Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Return to Technical Research