Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

pesky gunshot in memory

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

pesky gunshot in memory

Postby Deager » 25 Nov 2015, 17:36

For LIME, I used JAM verB as my base (thanks JohnP.) Apparently, I have a problem that I think both Fob and JohnP had with MEHEM and JAM where during a scene, in my case, the breath scene, a gunshot sound fires. It's not all the time and I'm not sure yet if it's a specific setup of LIME, since I offer 3 song options for the credits and 2 for the ending biks, or if it's fairly random.

Where is the thread that talked about that and how to fix it? I just am missing it I think. Hopefully I can make heads or tales of it. It may have been a PM I suppose though. Not sure what I did to create the problem again but I am skipping some sequences in LIME so I'm guessing that's where I introduced the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, could you let me know?
Thanks!
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Re: pesky gunshot in memory

Postby The Fob » 25 Nov 2015, 19:10

Oh, not sure if we ever talked about it (and if so, I've got no idea where) but for me, the shot was a leftover from the onset of the red ending audio stream, that plays with the cutscene. I think for me ti happened at the onset of the second MEHEM video (the one where the Normandy is shot at by the oculi). I fixed it between v0.1 and v0.2, so it's been a few years but IIRC, I found the streaming object (probably either in BioS_End002 or (more likely) in BioD_End002_610Red.pcc) and it had something like an onset/play delay variable, which I changed from 0 to some higher number. This delayed the onset of the sound, such that the Interp was already canceled before the sound was loaded into memory.

I am not sure if this is the same problem though, since that sound played way earlier than the breath scene for me.

Sorry, I cant give you any specific instructions, maybe if you compare the HEX of the relevant MEHEM files with the originals, you can figure it out.

The Fob has been thanked by:
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Re: pesky gunshot in memory

Postby Deager » 25 Nov 2015, 19:41

Thanks for the tip. Since I skip the epilogue and memorial scene and I know 610Red is in memory since that controls the breath scene, I'm guessing your hunch is correct on what's going on. I'll see what I can figure out for this one. Kinkojiro noticed it on his play through and I was like, "Argh, that problem is indeed still there!"

EDIT: Holy crap. I'm looking at what you and JohnP did with 610Red. Particularly JohnP. Yeah, no way I'd pull that off. So many freaking objects to, I'm guessing, manually setup. Dang! I'm still working on it but just wanted to share my shock and awe.
Deager
Modder

Have thanks: 164 time

Return to Modders' Help