Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Problem with editing James Vega

Dedicated area for content modders to help each other with technical aspects of modding the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Problem with editing James Vega

Postby sansuni » 04 Dec 2015, 00:07

I am having a strange problem with editing James Vega's mesh. When I try to replace his casual outfit, this is the result:

As you can see in the picture, his face goes trough the floor. I tried replacing his bones, but that didn't help. I really have no idea what can cause this and I could use some advice on how to fix this.

Some information; his face textures and mesh are unedited. (I did try replacing his head bones with someone else but that didn't work either) There is always an error when I replace his outfit mesh and then go to some other mesh. Replacing just his hair or face mesh is fine, but if I try to replace his outfit mesh, this happens every time. Also, in some instances, replacing his outfit mesh will cause his face materials to jumble up and it will sometimes add even more sections and materials. Trying to replace his face entirely after replacing his outfit didn't help either.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Re: Problem with editing James Vega

Postby deadspear » 04 Dec 2015, 03:24

Why the long face Vega? :D (sorry I know I'm not helping, but it was too good of an opportunity not to)

deadspear has been thanked by:
deadspear
User

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby FemShep » 04 Dec 2015, 18:39

Please. Leave it like that. For science.
ME3Tweaks has modding guides, tools, forums for mods, a modding wiki, and ModMaker, an online mod creation tool.
ME3 Mod Manager, the civilized way of installing and managing ME3 mods.
ME3Tweaks Facebook Page
FemShep
Modder

Have thanks: 76 time

Postby sansuni » 04 Dec 2015, 22:52

deadspear wrote:Why the long face Vega? :D (sorry I know I'm not helping, but it was too good of an opportunity not to)

I asked him same question.. He refused to answer.. (It is alright, really.)

FemShep wrote:Please. Leave it like that. For science.

I don't think world is ready for this... Has science gone too far?

I think I solved it. It was a weird import issue caused by meshplorer. Case closed.

It is working properly now and it looks much better than the original, but his head looks a bit too large for his new body.. :D Will see what I can do with it.

sansuni has been thanked by:
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Return to Modders' Help