Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Clone Dialog 2 and Broshep.pcc

Area for discussions related to meshes/models, 3D modeling programs, and the like. Can cross over into texture-related discussion. As with other non-toolset related areas, answers not guaranteed.

Clone Dialog 2 and Broshep.pcc

Postby puckhead73 » 26 Jan 2016, 16:34

@Giftfish - I went to put this in the Mesh and Texture thread, but that thread is showing as locked so I can't create a thread there, and I figured this was the next best place.

I'm currently working on creating an armor pack mod adding in a bunch of the classic armors from ME1, alongside repurposing other characters' armors for Shepards use as well (CAT6, James', Kaidan's, etc.) I'm also wanting to incorporate a few different armor/texture mods that have already been created and am in the process of reaching out to the mod creators to get permissions for that. The idea of cloning and adding additional armors is ideal, as I'd like to avoid overwriting current armors if at all possible.

Additionally, I'd love to add a couple of the MP armors in to single player with the color customization, but to do so I have to clone the Material, so that it reads it as having both a tint and stripe map. Replacing current armors doesn't provide that functionality, and leaves the textures showing incorrectly.

To that end, I've been going through and using the following thread as a guide into actually adding additional armors to the game.

updated-adding-new-meshes-materials-textures-via-cloning-t1100.html

The issue I'm running into is that when cloning anything in a femshep.pcc (BIOG_HMF_ARM_SHP_R.PCC) the process works just fine, but whenever I've tried to complete the process in a broshep pcc upon going into the armor selection screen the game crashes. I know the process can be done, as ashley66444 created a post with a broshep pcc containing 6 additional cloned armors in this thread:

adding-new-meshes-materials-textures-w-o-replacing-t1084.html

It seems that any instance I find of someone else trying to clone in the male pcc they end up with the same results I do, instacrash upon armor selection. ashley66444 hasn't been active on the forums for over a year and a half, and after following her guide above step by step probably ten or so times, even cloning the successful armors that were added in the file she made available and still getting the same results, I'm completely at a loss.

Any insights/help would be greatly appreciated.
puckhead73
User

Have thanks: 3 time

Re: Clone Dialog 2 and Broshep.pcc

Postby giftfish » 27 Jan 2016, 01:52

Yeah, sorry about that. I need to unlock a bunch of those temporarily. Drowning in BO stuff and I try to push out the first release. Will get to it soon :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 27 Jan 2016, 14:50

@puckhead -- Your thread title indicates you're trying to use PCCEd2 to do the cloning. ME3Creator's cloning tool is much more robust. I know there can be issues with cloning into DLC files, but if you aren't modding DLC files, then ME3Creator should be used instead.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby puckhead73 » 27 Jan 2016, 17:51

Ah, I'll have to give that a look. Is there a tutorial on ME3creator's cloning process? I've never used ME3creator before. The guide I linked above only walks you through cloning via PPCed2.

I'll try ME3Creator, but this thread shows that it doesn't look like that will yield any more success. Apparently the exact same issue persists regardless of what tool is used.

cloning-causes-game-to-crash-t1261.html?hilit=me3creator%20cloning&start=20
puckhead73
User

Postby giftfish » 27 Jan 2016, 18:03

puckhead73 wrote:Ah, I'll have to give that a look. Is there a tutorial on ME3creator's cloning process? I've never used ME3creator before. The guide I linked above only walks you through cloning via PPCed2.

I'll try ME3Creator, but this thread shows that it doesn't look like that will yield any more success. Apparently the exact same issue persists regardless of what tool is used.

cloning-causes-game-to-crash-t1261.html?hilit=me3creator%20cloning&start=20

Cloning in ME3Creator is as easily as selecting the export and clicking clone. You need to be in the "Export Object Data" tab. If you need to import an export from another file, then you do that on the "Importer View" tab, via the "Import Property Based Object from Other Export Table" button.

I'd suggest trying it yourself and seeing what results you get. Might work, might not. Report bugs on GitHub if they don't; we can't fix it if we don't know what's broken. When someone has time, they may look into it. Otherwise, you might be out of luck, unfortunately. Not too many folks around here are still working on meshes.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby puckhead73 » 27 Jan 2016, 19:41

Will do! I'll definitely give it a try. As I'm just starting to dive into actually creating mods, I remember reading the below thread and was wondering if I could potentially use the process there to create a different PCC that would contain the armor meshes and textures. Am I understanding the process correctly or is there something I'm missing that would prevent that from working?

post16949.html?hilit=%20create%20new%20pcc#p16949

I really appreciate your help, and am failry close to just resigning myself to using the pcc that was provided with the 6 additional armors and having to overwrite some of the full body armors in game (cerberus, blood dragon, and reckoner knight.) I'm really hoping to figure this out though, as I would love to replace the terminus armor with the N7 Defender armor, including the tint and stripe maps for custom coloring.
puckhead73
User

Postby giftfish » 28 Jan 2016, 00:06

@puck -- Nope, you can't use my tutorial, as that only works for GUI textures. They are a different ball game than armor textures and the like. Not sure if anyone has made PCCs with new armor meshes/textures. I don't think so.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Mesh and Model Discussion