Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Adding new export points to me2

Coder-centric area for programming advice and questions.

Adding new export points to me2

Postby dybuk » 30 Jan 2016, 17:14

Anybody got any code to add new export points to ME2 pcc files?

I know of :

https://github.com/ME3Explorer/ME3Explo ... Package.cs

for ME3. It has the clone function. I can probably modify this for ME2, but I thought I'd ask first.

It looks as though the ME2 Power Wheel in the controller MOD is missing 5 gradient textures. The way moonshine did this originally is he renamed all the pc ones and overrode them. Sadly there was more Xbox textures than PC ones so he ran out. I'm guessing he thought (wrongly) the other 5 weren't needed.

Dybuk
dybuk
Modder

Have thanks: 127 time

Re: Adding new export points to me2

Postby The Fob » 30 Jan 2016, 18:12

I don't think ME2Explorer has a clone function hidden somewhere yet. If you are willing to make one though, that would be greatly appreciated! :)
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby giftfish » 30 Jan 2016, 22:49

dybuk wrote:Anybody got any code to add new export points to ME2 pcc files?

I know of :

https://github.com/ME3Explorer/ME3Explo ... Package.cs

for ME3. It has the clone function. I can probably modify this for ME2, but I thought I'd ask first.

It looks as though the ME2 Power Wheel in the controller MOD is missing 5 gradient textures. The way moonshine did this originally is he renamed all the pc ones and overrode them. Sadly there was more Xbox textures than PC ones so he ran out. I'm guessing he thought (wrongly) the other 5 weren't needed.

Dybuk

This is more of a toolset development and coding question, and I know both Heff and Sir have stuff in the works for PCCEd2, but I'm not sure about Package Editor for ME2. Dybuk, do you need Coder access so you can create threads in that board?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 74 time

Postby giftfish » 30 Jan 2016, 22:49

The Fob wrote:I don't think ME2Explorer has a clone function hidden somewhere yet. If you are willing to make one though, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ha, yes, plz.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby dybuk » 30 Jan 2016, 23:34

@Giftfish, I don't mind if you want to move the thread into a better location (please do). Obviously from my point of view I want to fix a bug with the ME2Controller so I thought it would be a mod question.

I have plenty of examples of reading the ME2 files from UEexplorer and the ME2Explorer PCCObject.cs file. Its just a case of changing the same functionality to the ME2 format. What could possibly go wrong ;)

Its probably a good few hours work though. Do you think I should just fork the code and post the results? Not sure with the end of Me3explorers development.

Thanks,

Dybuk
dybuk
Modder

Postby giftfish » 30 Jan 2016, 23:54

dybuk wrote:@Giftfish, I don't mind if you want to move the thread into a better location (please do). Obviously from my point of view I want to fix a bug with the ME2Controller so I thought it would be a mod question.

I'm probably not clear about what you're asking (lack of coder experience, here, lol). If you're asking about adding a functionality to the toolset then it would certainly be a development question. If you just want to fork yourself and add whatever changes you want, but not add them to the main branch, then obviously that's different.

dybuk wrote:I have plenty of examples of reading the ME2 files from UEexplorer and the ME2Explorer PCCObject.cs file. Its just a case of changing the same functionality to the ME2 format. What could possibly go wrong ;)

Its probably a good few hours work though. Do you think I should just fork the code and post the results? Not sure with the end of Me3explorers development.

If you're basically talking about adding a "clone" feature to ME2's package editor, I'd certainly say it's needed, but before you put in the work, I'd probably ask Sir/Heff first. You never know what code they've already written and just haven't tweaked and committed, yet.

I'll pop this thread over into the Coder's board, just to make sure they see it. Can't hurt :]
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby dybuk » 31 Jan 2016, 00:24

@giftfish. Thanks for moving the thread.

I don't really use me3explorer as a gui. I just use the code behind it. I am very grateful to all the contributors ( My Heff love is undeniable ).

I am (for no good reason) compelled to fix this me2controller issue. If no code is about to add additional export points then I'll probably write something myself (based off vw's code).

I will of course open source my changes. Anyone got any thoughts on whether I should just fork completely? or try to change VW's changes work with ME2... With ME3Explorer coming to an end I'm not sure trying to add pull requests is a good idea.

Dybuk
dybuk
Modder

Postby dybuk » 01 Feb 2016, 10:09

As it turns out modifying ME2's PPCObject file to add a clone feature was pretty straightforward. I'll clean it up and commit it somewhere.

What turns out to be not so straight forward is extracting the textures from the xbox files.

I tried umodel, however that gets all the colouring wrong. Endian issues I guess.

I fiddled with the ME3Explorer code (endian fixes) to try to load the xbox files and got it mostly working. Except when I view the texture its all garbled (and the incorrect colour). If I byte swap from 128 bytes down (assuming 32 bit ints) on the dds file the colour becomes correct yet its still garbled.

Anyone had any experience of extracting the xbox textures? Here is the file I'm trying to extract from (decompressed):

https://mega.nz/#!I0txUS7S!u_0WH7DNfuUM ... 7TY_CiWwCs

Here is an example of what I'm looking at:

https://mega.nz/#!d00wUCqC!9ULdIXuOq9Ze ... N_7IhhDi3M

Where the pcversion is what is should look like. The umodel/me3explorer versions are what I get when trying to extract it from the xbox startup_int.xxx file.

Thanks,

Dybuk

dybuk has been thanked by:
dybuk
Modder

Postby dybuk » 06 Feb 2016, 16:53

I've committed my export clone change to https://github.com/Dybuk/ME3Explorer/co ... 3171fc5508

This doesn't affect the GUI. Maybe I could add something if there was demand.

The problems had with Xbox textures was due to Xbox texture swizzling. Googling that should give anyone else info on why textures appear garbled.

Dybuk
dybuk
Modder

Return to Coders' Help