Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] Troubleshooting: Textures

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

[Article] Troubleshooting: Textures

Postby giftfish » 25 Feb 2016, 16:03

Article -- Troubleshooting: Textures
Status -- WIP
URL -- http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/Troub ... :_Textures

This will be an easy article for folks to contribute to, as it's just an FAQ. @Creeper -- I expect you'll have some stuff to add :)

Right now, there are two sections: texture creation and texture problems in game. More can be added but keep in mind that FAQs related to texture *installation* should continue to be placed in their relevant tool articles (Texplorer and TPF Tools, once the latter is up).

The "Texture Creation" area should address the most frequent questions we get about texture editing on the forums. This stuff is really out of the wiki's scope, but creating an organized FAQ will cull help requests. Before adding a new FAQ, be sure to check the Textures in Mass Effect article. This article answers a bunch of very basic information about textures in the games. If the answer to the FAQ is in that article that doesn't mean you can't make it an FAQ, but it means the *answer* to the FAQ should basically be a link to that article. See the first FAQ listed on the page, for an example. Advanced, overly-complex editing questions should not be addressed here. Answers need to be short and simple. If someone needs advice on advanced editing, they should be looking on the web elsewhere.

The "Texture Problems in Game" area should be pretty self explanatory. This should only address appearance problems with the texture in game. When at all possible, please insert a picture of the issue related to the FAQ. This will help users ensure their problem is identical to the FAQ.

General issues like game hanging/freezing/not loading are still the purview of the Troubleshooting: General article.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Re: [Article] Troubleshooting: Textures

Postby CreeperLava » 25 Feb 2016, 16:08

Can I edit, or are you still working on it ?
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 25 Feb 2016, 16:11

CreeperLava wrote:Can I edit, or are you still working on it ?

Just finished, go ahead. I'm heading onto General Troubleshooting next, then ModMaker. I'll jump into forum chat, so I can be available for questions.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 25 Feb 2016, 20:17

Article done for now.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Return to Wiki Development