Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

[Article] ModMaker

Help build and maintain the new ME3Explorer Wiki on Wikia.

Re: [Article] ModMaker

Postby giftfish » 27 Feb 2016, 14:23

KFreon wrote:Names get added as part of the relevant job. i.e. Names only get added for the exports that have them.
More accurately I suppose, the first job gets all the new Names. Probably not the best approach, but anyway.

At this stage for the stable, it'd be easier to not change anything and add more bugs.

Yeah, I agree that it'll just be more work to mess with it at this point.

Okay, so names and exports then. I'll run a test today, just to be certain of something.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby giftfish » 27 Feb 2016, 17:56

This is still a WIP, but everything is now done except for the "Create" section.

I've added a new FAQ for how to use MOD files with DLC mods. It works, but it's really too long for an FAQ. A tutorial would be much better -- especially since the procedure is a bit confusing -- then it can be linked to the bottom of the page. If anyone wants to do it, just lift the relevant text from the MM article and place it into it's own article; then add screenshots and a specific example. BO and Ashley Legacy Project would be an easy example, as there's only one file that conflicts between the two, and it also involves the texture step.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 27 Feb 2016, 20:01

Okay, this is finally done.

We still need some more testing on the PCC-Compare feature of ModMaker. I've put some preliminary info in the "Create a .mod" section, which isn't what I'd normally do. Normally, I'd test something to verify functionality, but since that section is specifically aimed at devs, it's acceptable. We do need additional testing on the name list -- especially if there are edits to an existing name list entry and not just a new entry. We also need verification that .mod files will work when specifically created to modify a DLC mod.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Previous

Return to Wiki Development