Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Problems putting items in stores

Basic questions on how to achieve certain modding goals with the toolset. Texture and mesh-related questions have their own subforum. Answers not guaranteed.

Problems putting items in stores

Postby ElysiumFic » 02 Apr 2016, 00:12

Okay, I get about 99% of this.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, the PlotPuchaseID should also be mirrored in the line item in biogame.ini for showing the armor in the closet, right? And basically, like the TLK IDs, you just pull those numbers out of the ranges that haven't already been used either by the game and DLCs themselves or by other modders?

I'm a little confused by the PlotUnlockConditionalID, though. This is my first time working with conditionals, and I'm not sure where the 3950 in your example comes from, based on the way you describe this. Sorry, that's probably something really stupid and I'm sure the answer is perfectly obvious to anyone who has been doing this for a while. :/ Scratch that. I think I can figure it out. This is what happens when I try to pick up something new before I've eaten. Brain brain seizes up and says I CAN'T DO THAT! I really should know better.

Gonna go hunt up how to work with conditionals now. Never needed to before. Funny how trying to mod one thing leads you to another concept and then another and then...yeah.
ElysiumFic
User

Have thanks: 4 time

Re: Tutorial: Put things in a store

Postby ElysiumFic » 02 Apr 2016, 02:09

Okay, the conditionals editor hates me.

I'm following Giftfish's tutorial, which is pretty straightforward. But I'm getting an error when I compile that says "Value was either too large or too small for an Int16."

But...I'm cloning an existing item with the exact conditional I need (1509) and the ONLY thing I'm changing is the number in the brackets. I'm not touching anything else.

Here is the clone of 1509, untouched:

And here's what I'm trying to compile (changed ID already to 7300, which is perfectly within the range of what everyone else uses):

What am I doing wrong? I mean, I'm not changing anything except the numbers? I may be new at this but I'm not so stupid I can't edit five digits properly. At least, I don't think I am.

ETA: NVM. Apparently I AM too stupid to edit five digits properly. I changed 36001 to 31001 and it worked fine. If there was anything in the tutorials about there being a limit to plot IDs, I missed it. *headdesk*
ElysiumFic
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 02 Apr 2016, 03:04

There will be an upper limit because of the way the bool table works. Generally lower is better simply because the save file creates empty bools for any under the largest it sees. So if you have a bool that is very large it creates empty ones all the way under that in every save file, which fractionally slows load times and plot management.

The plot manager uses 16bit ints, which will limit the size - I am sure Femshep or SirC can tell you how much that is.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Have thanks: 249 time

Postby ElysiumFic » 02 Apr 2016, 03:08

Ah okay, good to know. This whole "pick a number at random and try your best not to step on anyone else's toes" thing weirds me out.
ElysiumFic
User

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 02 Apr 2016, 03:19

The maximum value for a 16 bit int is 32,767. I'll see about putting in a check that gives useful feedback instead of just throwing an exception.

Edit: and done. Next revision(748) will catch the exception and give a more helpful error message.

SirCxyrtyx has been thanked by:
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby ElysiumFic » 02 Apr 2016, 07:23

Could you tell me what I'm missing here? I've been staring at it and tweaking it for hours and it's still not appearing in the store and I can't see what's missing, probably because I'm just text-blind at this point.

Code: Select all
<Section name="sfxgamecontent.sfxguidata_store_batarian">
      <Property name="storeitemarray">
        <Value type="3">(ItemType=TYPE_TORSO,ArmorID=201,BaseCost=1000,PlotUnlockConditionalID=7300,PlotPurchaseID[0]=31001,ChoiceEntry=(srChoiceName=913164,srChoiceDescription=913166),LargeImage="gui_codex_images.Store.MODa_FSA_1024x512",SmallImage="gui_codex_images.Store.MODa_FSA_512x256")</Value>
      </Property>
    </Section>

The ArmorID corresponds with the ID in the "TorsoAppearances" section of biogame.ini (I assume since there is no link to anything in a .pcc file here that it retrieves the item it's supposed to reference from there?) I started my IDs at 200 to avoid conflicts.

The conditionals file is edited and 7300 is in there

PlotPurchaseID corresponds with the PlotUnlock in the items listing in TorsoAppearances in biogame.ini

The ChoiceEntry items correspond with the TLK and biogame.ini

The large and small images are where they are supposed to be

(all of the above have been at least triple-checked)

The only thing I can think of that might be causing problems is the fact that the item is for Female only and has nothing for Male= in biogame.ini . Is it maybe necessary to add into the conditional that it should only be displayed if Shepard is female?

Guess I'll sleep on it. Hopefully it will come to me overnight what it is I'm not seeing here.
ElysiumFic
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 02 Apr 2016, 10:48

1. Looking at the Batarian store?

2. To check the conditional use 634. This is a bioware conditional that is always true so will always show no matter if you have purchased it etc.

3. Try TYPE_Quest. Maybe the torso type checks the coalesced for something that we are unaware.

The players gender shouldn't make a difference. However with your new found skills in conditionals I am sure you worked out how to make sure male/female players can't buy the wrong armors.

Kinkojiro has been thanked by:
Kinkojiro
Modder

Postby ElysiumFic » 02 Apr 2016, 17:19

Yep, changing the conditional did it (I had already tried using TYPE=QUEST before I asked for help.)

Weird. That conditional is exactly what it should be. Maybe it's the number I chose that's the problem? I checked the wiki page and it shouldn't conflict with anything else, but idk. Furthermore, it was preventing anything ELSE from showing in the store as well, even the stuff that was supposed to be there in the basegame (because this save is from a point before I purchased anything there.)

At any rate:

ElysiumFic
User

Postby Kinkojiro » 03 Apr 2016, 14:56

Sounds like a corrupt conditional. That would throw the entire store out. Check there are no extra spaces anywhere.
Kinkojiro
Modder

Postby ElysiumFic » 03 Apr 2016, 17:08

Okay will do. It works to not have them removed from the store, but it kinda sucks and I'd rather not distribute it that way.

ETA: Well, crap. Redid everything from scratch and now it's at least showing the Batarian store's normal stock. The conditional itself was fine (like I said, I literally only changed the digits from the one I cloned, which was an armor or weapon mod piece--not plot dependent--sold in the Batarian store.) I think the problem was a numbering issue. The conditional IDs got a little out of sync with what was listed in the bioui.ini (like, the item that's supposed to be 7312 (31012) didn't exist in the list yet because I was having trouble with the armor mod textures for it, so while I was going down the list in bioui adding in the conditional IDs, I messed up and put 7312 where 7313 should have been (31013).

However, it's still not showing mine. No idea why. There should be nothing plot conditional in there except the purchase, and I haven't made that in the save I'm using. I checked my wardrobe to be sure and nope, nothing there, so the PlotUnlock in biogame.ini is working just fine, at least. Hmph.

Also still can't find out which conditional is "Shepard is female". Prolly not looking in the right places.

Now, let's talk compatibility. AFAIK you're the only one who has made any changes to the Batarian store. What would be the best way for me to keep my mod compatible with yours? Should I release a version that also adds the items EGM normally puts in there?
ElysiumFic
User

Return to How do I...?