Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Rev 748

Information and links to new stable & beta releases.

Re: Rev 748

Postby KFreon » 08 Apr 2016, 00:57

Minor bugs or no, I had no Issues assigned to me and now I have a bunch again :P
Patience allowing, I'll hopefully fix them this weekend.

@Creeper: TPFTools changes like you suggest are great, but not going to happen for the stable :(. The WPF UI should be easily able to support this.
@gift: Extracting from TPF should definitely not be a lossy thing...examples?
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 520 time

Postby giftfish » 08 Apr 2016, 01:39

KFreon wrote:@gift: Extracting from TPF should definitely not be a lossy thing...examples?

Doh.

Well, there's a good chance it is an alpha thing, then. Before I submit another issue on Git, let me briefly describe here.

--Issue is with Miranda's black catsuit (0xCB6FC26E).
--Texture looks perfect in game when run under Texmod.
--The modded DIFF is a DXT5. The vanilla is DXT1.
--Therefore, TPF Tools has to autofix to place it in the files. When it does, the orange piping ends up with a bunch of gray pixelated spots on it and along it.
--Extracting the texture prior to autofixing results in the same spots.
--Upon opening in GIMP, these spots are transparent. The checkered "transparent" background pokes through.
--And, upon opening the extracted vanilla, DXT1 texture, it shows the exact same thing (just did this to check).

So, I'm not sure what's going on with this. Both vanilla and modded textures show the same problem in GIMP (transparent spots). However, the vanilla and Texmod textures appear fine in game. It's only when the toolset installs the modded texture that there's a problem. I figured it was a lossy thing, but since transparency is involved, it may have to do with all the alpha issues we're currently dealing with.

Do you want me to submit it as an issue, or... not so much, lol?
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby KFreon » 08 Apr 2016, 02:36

Mmm just mention it in one of the open alpha issues, OR reopen the old alpha issue.
I'd say that's due to the threshold DXT1 conversion thing. I'll see what I can do.
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 08 Apr 2016, 02:41

KFreon wrote:Mmm just mention it in one of the open alpha issues, OR reopen the old alpha issue.
I'd say that's due to the threshold DXT1 conversion thing. I'll see what I can do.

Ooh... the DXT1 alpha thing. Totally forgot about that.

Okay. Let me include a screenshot of just a vanilla texture in GIMP. That should help.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby SirCxyrtyx » 08 Apr 2016, 02:59

So, I'm probably going to sound like an idiot, but why do replaced textures have to be the same format? I assume that just changing the Format property in the Texture2d objects isn't enough?
SirCxyrtyx
Toolset Lead

Have thanks: 288 time

Postby KFreon » 08 Apr 2016, 03:08

Salt had a method in there to change format.
I don't see why either, but I really don't want to dig into that now.
Lets put it on the todo list for after the stable :P
KFreon
Toolset Developer

Postby giftfish » 08 Apr 2016, 17:08

@K --

I'm officially done testing r748.

If you want to put up a preliminary testbuild to with fixes to the new issues reported yesterday, Creeper and I can give those a quick test before you release a new official (and hopefully final) revision.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Postby CreeperLava » 08 Apr 2016, 18:08

I won't be able to do much testing after this night, since I'll be travelling for a week, so definitely release this evening if you want me to test something :).
CreeperLava
User

Have thanks: 83 time

Postby giftfish » 10 Apr 2016, 18:31

@Kfreon --

Just finished re-testing all the issues that have been rolled into the rev749 prebuild.

I've re-opened the following that (maybe) need to be re-addressed. They are all tagged with the v110 milestone:

FYI, 299 -- the thumbnail weirdness -- is indeed fixed. I've re-closed it to avoid confusion with the 3 issues above, but re-open if you need to due to your workflow.

Let's revisit the 3 issues above with one more prebuild. Linky here when ready and I'll give them another test. Assuming they're fixed after that, we'll be ready for rev749, which will have absolutely no outstanding issues and should be the final test for the stable.
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Previous

Return to New Releases