Welcome
Ladies and Gents:

These forums are now closed and registration disabled.

Please join us at our new forum on Proboards. Our hope is that these new forums are more stable, provide more and better features, and allow continuation of the project forums in a safer, more secure, long term environment.

me3explorer.proboards.com

--The ME3Explorer Team

Ultimate ME3 Project

Complimentary board where content modders may host dev threads for mods destined for release. Communicate information, find testers, release Betas, etc.

Re: Ultimate ME3 Project

Postby Praedor » 27 Nov 2015, 05:14

A raspier voice would be a solid improvement. Of course, you could almost be certain to do better by having any woman with a semi-decent voice re-record all Allers' lines and stick those in. I do hate the thought of Keitner having Allers' voice.
Praedor
User

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby sansuni » 27 Nov 2015, 13:29

Praedor wrote:You know, I COULD use an ME2 dress (or another dress from ME3) instead of the tank top skirt.

I am really liking Keitner's hair. In fact, I edited it some more, adding a few more strands of hair and fit it to Ashley's head so I could also use it as another ponytail version for Ashley. I like the Skyrim ponytail I use in my current Ashley Makeover Mod (kinda sexy) but this one can go both ways, sexy and professional.

Yeah, I think that would look the best, you could retexture ME2 dress with Aller's dress texture and maybe add arm covers like in the off duty spacer outfit in ME2 to make it look like it is an entirely new outfit. It might just look perfect.

Also, yeah, thats what I was thinking, both sexy and professional.

Praedor wrote:A raspier voice would be a solid improvement. Of course, you could almost be certain to do better by having any woman with a semi-decent voice re-record all Allers' lines and stick those in. I do hate the thought of Keitner having Allers' voice.

Another voice actress re-recording it would have been much better, since they can't possibly make it sound any worse than it is right now. A raspier voice is an improvement, but it doesn't help much to how the lines were delivered. Or to the fact that lines are quite bad to begin with. Her entire dialogue either needs to be rearranged or to be re-recorded with better lines. But we will make do with whatever we can find.
sansuni
Modder

Have thanks: 7 time

Postby sansuni » 06 Dec 2015, 22:41

Alright, I did it! I managed to replace starbrat with Avina. It will appear as a proper full sized mesh now, instead of a child sized bloated freak.

Using same method I can replace nightmare sequence version of starbrat as well. (I was thinking I would replace him with Virmire casualty) It would require me to add both Kaiden and Ashley's meshes in that file and set a conditional for it, so only the Virmire casualty appears. I have no idea how to do that though.

sansuni has been thanked by:
sansuni
Modder

Re: [Relased] ME3Recalibrated

Postby sansuni » 27 Apr 2016, 09:52

Ahhh starbrat... how much I loathe thee. I know this isn't the place for this but... I have been working on something about that and it isn't quite working out.. (since you guys talk about relative stuff, and this is the place where ME3 recalibration occurs, I thought I would mention it here.)

I have been trying to erase every trace of that brat from the game. From the first encounter to the last. I have menaged to replace the starbrat mesh with any mesh I want and it will look properly now. (it is still not without problems, like the mesh's feet goes trough the floor and so on. But the animations themselves work properly and thats more than I expected to be honest.) First I replaced the brat (not starbrat, just brat) from the beginning of the game (in the air-duct) and now it is a teenage girl instead of an annoying brat.. (I am not that happy with the mesh yet, to be honest. I am still trying to improve upon it. I will also change the voice and the dialogue later. Unlike starbrat who says crap like "you can't help me", she will instead say something along the lines of "No! I need to look for my friends and family.)

Anyway, I am getting away from the point, this was related to shorter dreams mod.. I believe it was the Fob who gave me this idea. I have created two versions of the dream sequence file, one with Ashley and one with Kaidan, I am now trying to tie the streaming states to a conditional (Virmire casualty conditional to be specific), so it will load the file depending on who died on Virmire, I believe that would make much more sense and be more emotional, but I can't for the life of me make it work. Any ideas? Is it a good idea at least?
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 27 Apr 2016, 13:19

Your post was better-suited for your dev thread, Sansuni, so I relocated it here :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby sansuni » 27 Apr 2016, 14:52

Sorry for littering your dev thread Giftfish, I wonder why I thought it was so relevant.. I think initially I had a different point to make, rather than just talking about my mod, but thats no excuse. Anyway, thanks. :)

By the way, I believe it is a good enough time to revise the goals of this dev thread, since it changed greatly over time. Though I think I will do that when I have a little bit more free time.

But still, if anyone has any ideas about how to make what I mentioned previously work, fire away.
sansuni
Modder

Postby giftfish » 27 Apr 2016, 15:01

No worries, it's all good :)
giftfish
Toolset Developer

Have thanks: 75 time

Postby The Fob » 27 Apr 2016, 17:46

I'd be happy to try and help with the streaming state thing.
So, from what you describe, you duplicated the entire PCC file. Is that correct? I wonder if it would be easier to do something like what is done in the Memorial scene in the games end. That is, have both Ash and Kaidan streamed in and just let the Interp for that video choose which one to display, according to a conditional.
But it depends on how far along you already are with your way of doing it. If you already made both pcc files and they both work already, it's probably really the simplest thing to just add a new streaming state and have the game choose between the files.

If you like, feel free to send me a pm as well and we can see if we can make it work.
The Fob
Modder

Have thanks: 212 time

Postby sansuni » 28 Apr 2016, 07:55

I would be really grateful Fob, thank you very much.

Yes I duplicated the entire PCC and renamed one of them. Wouldn't having both of them there require lots and lots of cloning? (since there isn't any other spot for an additional mesh?) Also, thats what I thought about streaming states as well, but for some reason I couldn't make it work.

Don't worry about how far I am with the mod (hardest part was to figure out how it works, I can always replicate the small stuff), I am always willing to start from scratch if it means it will turn out better in the end.

I am at work right now, but I will send you a PM as soon as I get home. Again, thank you.
sansuni
Modder

Previous

Return to Mods in Development